“Brilliant hotel”

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #60 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in and would recommend to anyone. I took my girlfriend here for valentines day and it was well worth the 1-2 hour trip. The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and attentive, e.g. helping me locate a nice restaurant for an evening meal. The hotel is located perfectly, close range to Oxford Street for shopping during the day, with a lot of restaurants surrounding for the evening. The stay itself was incredible; the room was immaculate on arrival and in the morning you won't want to leave the bed due to the comfiness.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,388)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was delighted with this hotel when I spent a night there after a wearying sojourn in Africa. The staff gave me a warm welcome and allowed me to check into the room early, for which I was very grateful. The room was more spacious than I expected for a major city, and was very nicely appointed. The bathroom seemed quite luxurious, as well. The location, within easy walking distance of the British Museum and other central London attractions, was very convenient, allowing a person to return to stash packages or rest for a few minutes between destinations. Although I ate dinner in the hotel's restaurant mainly because I was too tired to go anywhere else, I was pleasantly surprised at the delicious food and the charming, candlelit atmosphere. My 6:15 wake-up call on the morning I left was followed by the delivery of a perfect cup of coffee, a very nice touch. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann G
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Brian, the concierge, was like an old friend every night waiting for us when we came home. He gave us great suggestions, helped us with our reservations, and always had a smile on his face. Maria in the restaurant was so helpful in getting my lactaid-free milk and greeted me daily by my name. Louise at the front desk explained the bill to me and was so helpful--what a place. It's worth every penny. The hotel room was clean and bright with nice amenities. Great location--we went to the theatre two nights we were there and it's all within walking distance, and the British Museum is in the next block. If you're going for fish and chips, a few blocks away is Rock and Soul--yummy! If we go back to London, why would I stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: We were at the end of the hallway and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful review. I am delighted that your experience was so enjoyable and that both Maria and Brian made your stay special.
Our location is wonderful to easily reach Covent Garden, Soho, Holborn, The British Museum and many of London’s main attractions.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Fantastic hotel very welcoming ,Concierge go above and beyond ,reception staff lovely check in and out very quick offered towels, refreshments. Rooms very comfortable and spotless beds turned down every night and chocolates .Dressing gown ,slippers , Nespresso provided .Towels changed daily and rooms cleaned .Joel the bar men in Landseer bar is one of the nicest people you could every meet service excellent a true gentlemen and a credit to the Bloomsbury. Breakfast is quality and nothing is to much trouble always addressed by our full names nice touch in my eyes that they take the time to remember guests thank you Maria for looking after us would not hesitate in recommending this hotel best hotel I have ever stayed at and look forward to going back next year . Kind regards Mr & Mrs Cavener

1  Thank Karen C

Dear Mr and Mrs Cavener,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful review. I am delighted that your experience was so enjoyable and that Joel made such a fantastic impression. I will be sure to share and recognise the exceptional service with Joel and Maria.

We have really thought about our breakfast offering, I am delighted you could enjoy it throughout your time with us.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in The Bloomsbury Hotel for two nights and we could not have enjoyed our stay more: The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, The room was really spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was also spacious, very nicely decorated and stocked with shower gel and body lotion etc which were lovely to use. We were also impressed that there was not only a kettle in the room for making tea but an espresso machine for real coffee.
The breakfast is fabulous: The pastries are as good as the best French patisserie, there is fresh fruit and excellent yogurt along with an extensive menu of cooked dishes and the healthy options are a fantastic idea.
As for the location: It could not be better: Incredibly central but in a neighbourhood of character.
The fact that this hotel was designed by the famous architect Lutyens was the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room on the 6th floor and it was perfect.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful review.

It is a real pleasure to hear of your experience, all the small details like the Nespresso Machine, Patisserie at breakfast and the Super foods are very important to us. It is these details that make the difference, I am so pleased you could enjoy in this fabulously restored Luytens building.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is just a fantastic hotel. Rooms are large and really clean the staff are very helpful. Location is amazing right in the heart of theatre land. Food service was slow but food good when it did arrive! We will be going back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very pleased that you will be returning to The Bloomsbury London! Your comments are a delight to read and thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel, excellent staff, best location possible for seeing London. It's right near a tube stop, but we never used it because almost everything is in walking distance. The room is very nice, with a great shower. It is small, but more than adequate for 2 people. Definitely will stay here again when we come back to London.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hkon001

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

We too share your enthusiasm for our location, it is almost unbeatable, we are very fortunate to be located in London’s most central point.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel and London.