The Bloomsbury
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
3,528 results
All reviewsbritish museumdominion theatreoxford streettottenham courtcovent gardenbeautiful hotelwest endnespresso machinesuperior roomafternoon teaturn down servicequiet streetexcellent locationwould highly recommend this hoteltube stationcentral locationfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had an excellent stay - lovely atmosphere, extremely helpful and friendly staff, delicious breakfast (the only meal I had at the hotel, but I had it daily), and a very central location. We even had problems with our flights having been booked incorrectly, and the hotel was accommodating when we had to turn up a day early. The walk from the tube station was barely a block, and we were able to easily explore the city and got good dinner recommendations from the staff.

It was just what I look for in a hotel: elegant, friendly, well-located - and it always smelled great, to boot. They have fancy candles in the reception that weren't overpowering.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. It is amazing to hear that we the perfect launch pad for exploring our special city. Our Chef’s will be delighted to know that each breakfast was delicious.

Our candles create a wonderful ambience, I am pleased you noticed this small detail.

Best regards
Daniel Healey
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Really nice hotel - stayed here for my husband's 40th. The room was on the small side but to be expected in London. It was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel had a great location and we were able to walk everywhere but in spite of this it was very quiet and we weren't disturbed by noise at all. The staff were all incredibly friendly, helpful and polite and dealt with a broken coffee machine immediately. We didn't have breakfast included as this seemed quite expensive and didn't eat at the hotel. Overall impressed by the general ambience and really good staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which was very quiet and we weren't disturbed by noise at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catherine s
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

What a shambles of a stay.

The good? Great location. Rooms are decent.

The bad: checking in, the receptionist informed me that he couldn't make a transaction with my card. Next day I ring my back to find out that contrary to what the receptionist said, €366 euro was withdrawn from my account by the Bloomsbury!!!? Incompetence.

When I tried to settle the remaining outstanding balance I was met by a hotel receptionist manager who made a simple transaction as confusing as possible and delivered every reply in a most condescending tone. I will never know why some people choose a customer facing role!

At night when coming back to the hotel I discovered my card didn't work to gain access to my room. Again, back to reception I went. this time with the night staff to deal with. Different staff but same terrible attitude. The concierge sarcastically suggested he walk me to my room in a manner that suggested I wasn't bright enough to work the door! Thanks pal!

As for value for money, this place is a bit of a joke. Continental breakfast is something like 12 pounds for toast porridge and juice.

The jokers charged me for my complimentary paper on check out too.

Avoid.

Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank GaryandDee

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback.

We are committed to listening to our guests and in the spirit of improving all aspects of our guest experience I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you, may I ask you contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Many thanks and renewed apologies
Daniel Healey
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Having stayed in this hotel several times whilst on a weekend theatre break to London we found this hotel very comfortable. There is always clean linen the rooms are warm and there is always hot water. Breakfast is varied and enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Happytravellers3861
Reviewed 7 June 2014

nice sweet british hotel very well located near the British museum and close to Tottenham station in a quite area. Breakfast could be more complete with a larger choice of vegetables and more warm dishes like sausages and sunny up eggs in the continental buffet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family