The Bloomsbury
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
3,560 results
All reviewsbritish museumdominion theatreoxford streettottenham courtcovent gardenbeautiful hotelwest endnespresso machinesuperior roomafternoon teaturn down servicequiet streetexcellent locationwould highly recommend this hoteltube stationcentral locationfull english
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in December 2013, just wanted to get away for a short break to the capital.. We did some research and thought we had found the ideal hotel... How wrong we were,
It wasn't cheap either... The room was dirty, and cramped, we ended up in a basement room, the breakfast wasn't upto much either, poor quality products... I think this was advertised as a four star hotel... I don't know how they get away with it!!! Thank god it was only three nights.. Wouldn't stay there again..

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank larnick25
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am concerned that you have had a poor experience in all aspects of your stay with us, equally so, I am disappointed that I didn’t have the opportunity to discuss this with you during your stay. On behalf of the team at The Bloomsbury we apologise for the impression we have made, this is very much unlike our hotel.

We are committed to listening to our guests and in the spirit of improving all aspects of our guest experience I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you, may I ask you contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Many thanks and renewed apologies

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I came to the Bloomsbury for my birthday weekend, having travelled from Sheffield, I wanted this to be a amazing weekend. Not only was the hotel beautiful and the service fantastic, I felt so very special to check into my room and find a beautiful birthday cake and card waiting for me. So personal and yet so simple. I will be returning without any doubt and thank you for making my weekend a fantastic one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. I would like to wish you a belated happy birthday – I am delighted that we could make you a cake for your celebration.

If there is anything we an do in advance of your next stay, please do contact me at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very clean comfortable room with all modern conveniences. Great location, friendly competent staff give the hotel a very personal touch. Excellent breakfast, enjoyed drinks in the bar, overall good atmosphere, would definitely recommend it and will return on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. It is a pleasure to know that we made your stay with us so enjoyable and an experience that you felt was unique and personal.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I spent four nights at the Bloomsbury in a superior room. The location was great as it was only 11/2 blocks from the British Museum and a short walk to the theater district, the Royal Opera, and Covent Garden. It was also a modest walk to the sites of “official London” such as Parliament, Big Ben, etc. A variety of reasonably priced (for London, that is) cafes and restaurants are also quite close.

The room was adequate in size with sufficient storage space and a large, comfortable bed. There was even space to put our suitcases out of the way. The view out the window of the building across the street wasn’t very thrilling, but that really didn’t matter very much. What did matter, however, was the extremely small bathroom that contained a combination bath/shower that never really provided hot water. Try as we might, neither my wife nor I were ever able to get a hot shower in our four days at the Bloomsbury. Additionally, the bathroom was so small that it was quite difficult to turn around without bumping into something.

While the service in the lobby was very good, housekeeping was sketchy. On two evenings the housekeepers came so early for turn-down service that we had yet to leave for dinner. Similarly, the number and types of towels left for us were erratic.

In summary, in spite of its excellent location, I’m sure you can do better than the Bloomsbury.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pjlv07b

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback.
I must apologise for the experience you had with the shower in-particular, and also the inconsistency in housekeeping. It is the first time we have been made aware that you experienced issues with your shower temperature, I am sorry that we could not correct this for you in the first instance.

Our rooms have varying categories, from the entry level Standard Room, to Superior, Deluxe and Suite – each offering high quality amenities, varying in size and character. I would recommend selecting a with a walk in shower.

Kind regards and renewed apologies

Reviewed 13 June 2014

just to let everybody know what a-wonderful weekend we had staying at the bloomsbury hotel for my husbands birthday, we went to the viking exebition and in the evening we had a lovely meal in the restaurant at the end of our meal they came out with a birthday cake and even sang happy birthday brilliant. the staff were really helpful and very friendly the room was clean with lovely soft towels would recommend this hotel to you all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. It is a pleasure to know that we made your stay with us so enjoyable, and that we could join in on your celebrations.