“Average hotel”

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #68 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July during which we also held a conference at the same hotel.

The Check In was pleasant, late at night (around midnight) and within 10 minutes I could make my way to my room.

The hotel is a big building, with small elevators, which brought me to my floor (was 3rd floor I believe). When I got to the room I found that the room was actually very tiny, had no view (close by building) and had very thin walls.

The room size was the size of the bed + narrow walk way around it, the quality of the bed was average and wasn't I nice comfy bed to sink into such as other international hotels offer. The barroom only had a bathtub/shower combo and also had a small footprint.

Breakfast was served in the hotel's restaurant, it was good, had quite a few options, good coffee(!) and there is a range of breakfast options to choose from from the menu.

All in all I would not return to this hotel if it was for a private trip and I could choose my own location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. I am grateful for the opportunity to share this review and learn from some of our shortfalls, equally, I will say that our categories of rooms vary in size, graduating up to 45 sqm. I recognize that space is prime, and gently suggest that a larger category of room is reserved should you decide to return to The Bloomsbury, and indeed, any 4 or 5 star in the center of London..

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next return to London.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,465)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is at a good place : near museums, restaurants, in a calm street. The staff is kindly, discreet and class. This is an historic modernized house, with a chic decoration, and a good restaurant.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to share your recommendation with our TripAdvisor followers. To be described as 'class' is very warming and motivating, I will be certain to share this with the team.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We arrived 9:45PM for our 3 night stay directly from Heathrow after a long international flight and were a bit frazzled. The doorman rushed right up and took our bags and personally ushered us to the wonderful, courteous and prompt Reception Manager at the front desk. The atmosphere was soothing and the fresh squeezed juice was just what we needed. The doorman took care of everything and sent us down to the lovely and cozy bar / lounge to sip a delightful complementary martini while he took our bags to our room. What more can I say? Everyone at the Bloomsbury was amazing. Friendly, helpful, courteous and just plain nice! We ended each evening of our stay back at the hotel for a nightcap in the bar/lounge and each of the two bartenders on duty those nights were fantastic. The room was beautifully appointed, comfortable bed, AC that worked well and dead quiet! Perfect for a good nights sleep. Our room and the entire hotel were spotlessly clean. We could not have had a better location in all of London either. The Bloomsbury was just around the corner - no more than one block - from the Tottenham Court Rd Tube station on the Black line which made getting around all of London a breeze. We could not have been happier with our hotel choice and would definitely book again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. I am delighted that you really enjoyed The Bloomsbury, and in particular our Reception team!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This first stay at the Bloomsbury, we were met by the concierge when our taxi pulled up, everything was taken care of from that point onwards, taken straight in to book in which was quick and simple. We had arrived early but this was not a problem and went to our room immediately, which we didn't expect to do, but was a bonus.
All staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, rooms were lovely.
Anybody who books this hotel won't be disappointed, location was perfect too. We will have no hesitation in booking again.
Thanks Debbie n John.

Dear Debbie and John,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. I also appreciate the email you sent, I have shared this with the team.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next return to London, it would be a pleasure to personally meet you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel and staff just keep getting better - I spent 10 days here in May, with two friends and Brian and concierge staff, doormen, front desk staff and rooms personnel were all friendly, professional and beyond helpful. The location is terrific also, within West End, Leicester Square and Covent Garden walking distance and of course the British Museum is just up the block.

Room Tip: The 12 rooms are parkour suites and very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. I am grateful for the opportunity to share this review so that I may thank Brian personally. It won't be the last time either, as we are very fortunate to have such an experienced and genuine leader of our Concierge services.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I spent ages chosing this hotel. I wanted a good hotel for under £200 for a double per night. I paid £174 for the Bloomsbury. It was our Ruby Wedding Anniversary and the hotel didn't disappoint.

We were upgraded and had a card and cake delivered to the room. Totally unexpected but much appreciated. The room was compact but had everything you needed. The bathroom was huge with a double shower as well as a bath. Nice set of toiletries too. The room was double glazed and despite being in the centre of London on a saturday night, we had a really quiet night's sleep.

The location of the hotel is great: 2 mins walk from exit 3 of the Tottenham Court Raod tube station. Oxford Street is on your doorstep as well as Covent Garden and the British Museum.

I was impressed by the staff at this hotel: management is obviously good here as their ethos seems to be that guests should have a relaxing and pleasant stay. This hotel has really reached a high standard of guest care. No hesitation in recommending it. One of the best hotels we've stayed at in central London and better than many who charge more.

Room Tip: We were in 315. It was at the side of the hotel.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. I am grateful for the opportunity to share this review, and thank the team members you mention personally, finally, a belated congratulations to you both for your Ruby Anniversary.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

5 minutes in a cab from Euston, close to Covent Garden and West End (located a stones' throw from the British Museum, ideal location. Chose the hotel online because of the great reviews and it is perfectly true. I could not fault them. All the staff were very polite, helpful and attentive.We asked for a quiet room and got it, although the Great Russell Street was fairly quiet anyway. Rooms were to a good specification and although not large were cosy and ample for the purpose. Breakfast was terrific, with lots of choice and some great hot breakfasts on offer - yum!
Would I stay again - definitely. The Bloomsbury (Doyle Hotel Group) should be very proud of their staff, as they really were excellent. Well Done!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on higher floor

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience. I am grateful for the opportunity to share this review, and thank our staff you mention personally at our next team gathering.