“nice hotel”

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #56 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

we stayed to nights for theater visit and anniversary, very good hotel at a good price. staff very friendly and helpful restaurant staff especially good. breakfast was good all you can eat, lunch was good but could do with a bit more choice although plenty of choice outside hotel.

Room Tip: try to get a room on floors 1-6 as no lift to 7 floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you very much taking the time to review us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, especially at breakfast, and I very much hope you will come back to visit us once again to try our new all day dining menus.

There are newer reviews for The Bloomsbury

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent hotel in the center of London. Shopping on short distance. Fantastic restaurants close by. We stay in this hotel every time we visit London for Business or for fun. Rooms are not big, but clean and large enough to accommodate 2 people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much taking the time to review us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and I very much hope you will come back to visit us once again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

After reading so many good comments, i must admit i was somehow disappointed by this hotel.
It's a quite charming, typically bristish old-fashioned hotel rather centrally situated near Soho . This what concerns the building and the general atmosphere.
We made a reservation for a double bedroom with 2 beds. The room was dark ,very old-fashioned and small. Moreover there was a disagreeable smell in it , which was impossible to make disappear as it's not possible to open the window properly.
The bathroom was very small as well.
I found breakfast expensive considering the quality of it. This hotel is nothing compared to the K+K where i stayed at a previous stay. Less central, but very nearby a tube station, less expensive and of much better quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank marie g

Thank you very much taking the time to review us.

I am very grateful for your comments and I have shared these with our senior team, and without hesitation we have addressed the disagreeable smell. Perhaps for future visits to London you will consider retuning to The Bloomsbury, of which I would recommend booking a higher category of room if more space is still a requirement.

The largest categories of rooms are up to 45sqm, and include separate bath and shower, also there are two sinks within this room type and many other features.

If I can be of any further assistance may I ask that you contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com and I would be delighted to help you select and experience that best fits your needs.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were a group of 5 adults and 2 children on holidays in London. This was our first time visiting the city and stayed for 3 nights. The key location of the hotel and it's courteous staff was most memorable. We were allowed early check-in without hassle. The rooms were of average size but clean and without odors. The area of the hotel was quiet and safe at night. Noise level was minimum. The breakfast that came with the package was fantastic. The walk to the British museum was less than 10 minutes down Great Russell St. Trafalgar Square was a 20 minute leisurely walk with kids. SoHo was minutes away and catching a West End show was not a problem. Restaurants, convenience stores, and currency changers were plenty. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernadette T

Dear Guest

Thank you very much taking the time to review us. I am delighted that you choose to stay with us, I am glad that you have highly recommended us! It sounds like you explored London well, and got your day off to a good start with a great breakfast!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just had 3 nights at this wonderful hotel. Always makes a difference when you arrive at a hotel and they let you check in early. The staff were really friendly in all aspects from reception to housekeeping to breakfast staff. Joel was especially friendly in the bar - a great bartender. Ideal location for most of West End - Soho, Oxford St, British Museum etc. Would definitely recommend it and return next time

1  Thank LOZZIEHEN

Dear Guest

Thank you very much taking the time to review us. I am so pleased we could accommodate your early arrival, moreover, I am ecstatic that Joel and our Housekeeping and reception teams made such a positive impression.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at the Bloomsbury hotel for two nights and everything was just perfect. The location was good, almost next to the British Museum. The room was not big, but easily large enough to accomodate two people. And most importantly everything was nice and clean, which is not always the case with London hotels.

The staff was friendly and helped us in everything we needed. I would gladly stay here again.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much taking the time to review us, it is fantastic to hear your time with us was ‘perfect’.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel over two consecutive weekends while in London to see our son. This is the third time we've stayed here and each time it's been a pleasure. The hotel staff are always lovely and friendly and make you feel so welcome. We are always allowed to check in early and nothing is too much trouble. We asked for an upgrade the second weekend and were given a great room with the best bed we've slept in for a long time!!
The bartender was so professional and we sat and chatted with him for a while on the Saturday evening. Unfortunately I can't remember his name but he was a delight. The bar is such a relaxing place to unwind after a day in London.
We stayed the first weekend with our other son and his fiancé and they have said the next time they're in London they will be staying at the hotel. They were so impressed.
Sorry it's taken so long to write a review but time seems to have gone so fast.
Once again a great stay in a wonderful hotel. Can't recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank Denise S

Dear Guest

Thank you very much taking the time to review us and choosing to stay with us once more.
It is so pleasing to hear our bar staff made your experience in the hotel that little more unique, I will be sure to share your kind words with the team

We all very much look forward to welcoming you both back to The Bloomsbury London.