“London Trip,”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wexford, Ireland
“London Trip,”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were lucky enough to win two nights in London and had a choice of three hotels.
We were so happy we picked The Bloomsbury Hotel,
Location, very pleasant staff, and a lovely room.
It was our first time in London, so we needed some help, Underground etc
Overall a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, and of course a belated congratulations. We are delighted to have hosted you both, perhaps next time you will visit one of our other London Hotels when you are next in the capital.

If there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Afternoon Tea at the Bloomsbury Hotel was a great experience. Very pleasant environment, and very courteous staff made our afternoon very relaxing and enjoyable. The Chef produced outstanding sandwiches, cakes, and superb scones complimented with cream and quality jam. The three of us were impressed with the quality of the Coffee, Earl Grey Tea and English Breakfast. We would most definitely visit again and strongly recommend. Rick.

Room Tip: corner rooms are larger and more spacious
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our Afternoon Tea. Our Chef Paul will be very pleased that you had a fabulous experience, the perfect tonic for the hard work from our kitchen team.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I recently stayed at the The Bloomsbury Hotel and had a lovely time. I arrived to London at 6:30 am on the red-eye and got to the hotel around 7:30. I had called for an early check in and the found a room for me when I got there. The first night I came back they had placed a fruit basket in the room for me. The staff always had a smile on their faces and were very pleasant in the mornings. The only suggestion I would give is to put a clock in the room so I didn't have to check my phone all the time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It gives me great pleasure that we managed to organise a room for you, overnight flying is tough at the best of times, we thought you would appreciate some fresh fruit!

Swansea
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay at The Bloomsbury Hotel in London. This is a lovely, quiet and relaxed hotel, situated just off Tottenham Court Road on Great Russell Street. The hotel is very nicely furnished and is spotlessly clean. Bedrooms were small but very nicely appointed. The breakfast which was included in the price was beautiful. We were all really impressed with the staff in the hotel. They were all polite and very helpful. In fact, nothing was too much trouble for them and they went out of their way to ensure we had a lovely time. It is these things that you remember and that make your stay that little bit extra special. Tottenham Court Road tube station was just around the corner and there were also regular bus services. Covent Garden and Soho were a ten minute walk (if that!) and we also walked all the way to the South Bank so it is a very central base from which to explore London. We ate out on both evenings in the nearby Charlotte Street (5 minutes away) which had lots of lovely bars and restaurants and a lovely relaxed feel. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I would most certainly recommend it to others. Thank you to everyone at The Bloomsbury Hotel for a lovely stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, especially breakfast, I hope you enjoyed the local area, next time you stay with us please ask for Brian, he has some fantastic local area hidden gems to visit.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed over night for a weekend visit to London, it was fab the location us great he staff are so helpful and welcoming will definitely recommend thus hotel and be back again for sure! Close to Covent Garden and Oxford Street

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, I hope you the local area exploring was fun? Next time you stay with us ask for Brian, he has some fantastic local area hidden gems for you to visit.

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is the third time myself and my mam have stayed in ths hotel on our annual trip to London. We still love it. Had a deluxe room, level 6, was lovely.walk in shower was fantastic. Beds very comfy, plenty of room. Coffee nespresso machine was great. Thank you very much to Ben off the front desk who came up to our room when I rang to say I couldn't work it, much appreciated. Extra coffee and milk provided when requested. No noise at all, very quiet room. If anything the lighting is a bit dull, but very flattering, lol. Towelling robes are lovely, great quality. Concierge extremely helpful, very polite. Breakfast was gorgeous, the continental choice is lovely, fresh fruit was lush, veggie breakfast great although not too sure about the veggie sausage, was like deep fried potato. Great staff in the restaurant although at times bit to eager to take plates away. Given bottles of water on our checkout. We will be back next year.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, it certainly reads like you had a wonderfully relaxing experience. I appreciate all of your suggestive comments to in regards to the vegetarian sausage, I will talk with Paul, our Head Chef – I am certain we can improve this.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed recently for three days. This very comfortable and well appointed hotel is well located for West End theatres, and their pre- theatre dinner with a glass of wine included is excellent value. Afternoon teas are less good value, but too much for one person to eat, so share one ! Explore Nearby Tottenham Court Road if you are into Electricals & Teccy gadgets. The Staff are a real asset to this establishment, being both efficient and always very friendly. TC road tube is just around the corner. The building was designed by Architect Sir Edwin Lutyens of New Delhi/Castle Drogo/Thiepval WW1 monument, fame.

Room Tip: Most rooms should be quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and of course at the Theatre. The Dominion is our next door neighbour, and the next major show is ‘A White Christmas’ so do let us know if we can help with tickets at any point?

The team is very grateful for the commendation, and will take great pride in reading your comments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com