“Good hotel, accommodating staff”
Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #56 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here overnight after seeing a show, the hotel is ideally located for the a Westend.

The staff were welcoming on arrival and very polite.

The downside is that the room was very small for a superior room, but it was clean and had everything you would need.

Breakfast was good with a variety of choice and again efficient staff

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I appreciate that room size is very important, particularly if you are travelling with a partner. May I suggest for future visits you consider one of the higher room categories? Our rooms vary in size as you would appreciate from our standard room, through Superior, Deluxe and Studio Suites.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

There are newer reviews for The Bloomsbury

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the 15th August and was very impressed. Our room was amazing and staff were so very friendly, could not do enough for us. Brian the concierge was very welcoming with a great knowledge of the area. Giles was brilliant in the Bar, he kept the Bar area clean at all times and he did fantastic cocktails. Louise was also very friendly and so helpful. When we arrived in the afternoon we saw some people having afternoon tea and the cakes looked absolutely mouth watering.So pleased with our experience, would definitely recommend this to anyone an cannot wait to return, will difficultly be having afternoon tea soon. Thank you to ALL the staff for making our stay so lovely.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It gives me immense pleasure in congratulating Joel and Louise for providing outstanding service, and indeed the entire team. Your comments really are the perfect tonic for motivation and going that extra mile.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Love this hotel have stayed their twice in the past few months and my second visit was just as great as my first. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel so welcome from the concierge`s at the door to the lovely receptionists checking you in, during our stay not once did we meet a staff member who was not smiling and extremely helpful. The rooms are on the small side but beautifully furnished and everything you need or want, also the most important aspects beautifully clean, comfy beds and pillows. My second stay was for our Anniversary and minutes after checking into our room there was a knock on the door and the hotel had sent up a beautiful slate platter wrapped up really prettily with gorgeous fruit and pastries also an Anniversary card such a lovely surprise and so unexpected a really nice gesture.
Whilst I appreciate there are a lot of great hotels in London now I have found this one I would not hesitate to come back to this hotel any time I visit London in the future and would highly recommend it as was done to us. A little haven in the heart of a big City!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, and a belated congratulations for your anniversary celebration. I am thrilled that we have made such an overwhelming impression, we all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our hotel room was lovely as well as comfortable. The hotel itself not only looked elegant but also smelled amazing! The breakfast far exceeded expectations. However, the best part of the Bloomsbury, is its staff. Brian, the concierge, made recommendations, drew countless maps and inquired each day about our adventures. His friendly, professional, caring attention really made us feel cared for. The lobby staff and restaurant staff were all so friendly and helpful! I wouldn't dream of coming to London and staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very different but just ask for what you need and the staff will accommodate you!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zxcvbh

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very proud of our breakfast offering and service, and most importantly of our staff. I will enjoy sharing this with Brian too, he is the perfect example of true professionalism and genuinely, his knowledge of London continues to amaze me.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed two nights 50/50 social and business. The whole experience was perfect in every respect. The staff are superbly trained and managed and the rooms are extremely well thought out - right down to the heated bathroom floors. I had breakfast and a business lunch twice and both were professionally managed. I usually avoid hotel breakfasts because I find the crowded industrial fast-feeding systems uncomfortable, but this was pleasantly different.

It would be very difficult to find a better hotel, with more welcoming and efficient staff, in any location in London. I travel extensively for business and spend many (too many) nights in hotels but I would very happily return to the Bloomsbury.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, I am so pleased that your stay with us was ‘perfect’ and that we met with your expectations in both business and pleasure.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Recently spent 3 nights at The Bloomsbury. From the moment we arrived we had a first class stay.
The staff were polite and friendly and made our stay even more enjoyable. The hotel is well situated for Theatreland, shopping and sight-seeing. The surrounding area has many good cafés bars and restaurants to suit all tastes.

The breakfast at The Bloomsbury is fantastic. A good start to anyone's day! Rooms were clean and well-appointed apart from a lack of drawer-space. The lighting was a little dowdy in the rooms for our taste too but I am 'nit picking' now. Overall a lovely break in a lovely hotel. I would love to return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, it is so pleasing to hear that you had a great time with us and of course in the Theatreland of London. I couldn’t agree more, breakfast is essential to a good start for the day. Our team take great pride in our offering and will undoubtedly be energised with your comments.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were lucky enough to win two nights in London and had a choice of three hotels.
We were so happy we picked The Bloomsbury Hotel,
Location, very pleasant staff, and a lovely room.
It was our first time in London, so we needed some help, Underground etc
Overall a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, and of course a belated congratulations. We are delighted to have hosted you both, perhaps next time you will visit one of our other London Hotels when you are next in the capital.

If there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com