“Charming and stylish with excelent service”
Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #56 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This charming hotel and it's ever so friendly staff really took me by surprise! Maybe because I hadn't done much research, and therefore didn't know what to expect, but I couldn't stop smiling during our stay. They even picked up I had birthday, and delivered a birthday card to our room! The room was a bit on the small side, but it was clean and very smart decored. PS! Do not miss breakfast! Best hotel excperience in London, and it's been quite a few...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you feel breakfast is not to be missed, we receive so many positive comments – and it very warming to know that it is resoundingly an excellent experience for so many of our guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

There are newer reviews for The Bloomsbury

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a great, reasonably priced and perfectly located hotel for the London visitor. The rooms are a good size for a city hotel. Comfy beds and well appointed bathroom. Quiet at night. Delightful bar and restaurant. We only partook of the hearty full English breakfast which was excellent (so you can skip lunch!). The barman and the doorman were particularly friendly and helpful. The hotel is located within very short walk of British Museum, Oxford St, Soho,Trafalgar Sq and the theater district but all of London's many attractions on both banks of the Thames are readily accessible on foot from this hotel. A great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank podge747

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us, moreover, also I am thrilled that breakfast was such a hit. Perhaps next time you will have room for lunch, and more time to spend enjoying the jazz tones of our bar and extensive British cuisine offering

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this lovely hotel in early August. From the moment we we welcomed to check out, we thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were very well appointed, the concierge and staff were extremely helpful, and the breakfast outstanding. The hotel is a short walk to the British Museum and the HOHO bus. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted you both had a cosy and relaxing stay with us, moreover, I am thrilled that breakfast was such a hit.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights for our wedding anniversary. We entered the hotel to a wonderful aroma of burning candles. The staff greeted us with warmth and friendliness and gave us a glass of fresh juice whilst we checked in. The hotel was stylish, perfectly located for the hub of the London sights and shopping. We had an anniversary cake and card delivered to our room, compliments of the staff of the hotel, which was a great personal touch. We dined on the terrace and the food was delicious and staff very attentive, polite and friendly. Worth a visit to the cocktail bar to finish off your evening with the jolly barman! We will definitely revisit and recommend it to anyone visiting the big city.

1  Thank Maria H

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, belated congratulations to you both for your anniversary, I hope you enjoyed the homemade cake.

The team in the bar would love to make you a cocktail on your next visit to Landseer Restaurant and Bar, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, and if there is anything that I can assist with please do contact me directly at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Bloomsbury and were very impressed. The room was a nice size, the bathroom was great and all was very clean. All of the staff we dealt with were very friendly and attentive. The hotel is in a great location for London sites, theatre and shopping.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am grateful for your review, and time taken to comment on your stay, I am thrilled that you left the hotel ‘very impressed’

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I visited the bloomsbury for the night with my wife and I have to say I was not disappointed the staff were quick to assist and answer any queries. The rooms were 1st class we had a standard double it looked like a suite. The bar in the basement was quite discreet with the low lights and chilled ambience. And the full english breakfast was good quality next time iam in London I will be returning to the bloomsbury and to top it off the price was good considering it was in central London compared to hotels for more money for a lot less quality.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am grateful for your review, and time taken to comment on your stay. All of our rooms are finished to an equally high standard, whilst our rooms do vary in size, determined by the room category reserved.

Our entry level rooms begin at Standard, through Superior, Deluxe and Studio Suites. Furthermore, an excellence breakfast is something we work very hard to ensure is a pre-requisite of booking The Bloomsbury London.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Although we only stayed one night the experience was first class and I've no doubt we will return.
Staff are welcoming, helpful and friendly. The choice for breakfast was varied beautifully cooked and presented. Our room was spacious, well appointed and very comfortable. The hotel is ideally placed for access to the West End and Oxford Street. You weren't hurried out in the morning, which was really nice. In summary, " a really pleasant experience."

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I am pleased that you are keen to return and moreover delighted we provided a first class experience for you both.