“An Nur - No Way”

Ranked #954 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Wicklow
“An Nur - No Way”
Reviewed 22 November 2006

We have just returned from a weekend in London. I can honestly say that i have never had a more terrible expereince!
For the duration of the stay we had no heat, and no hot water, and the hotel staff did not inform us that this was to be an ongoing problem in sufficent time for us to rrelocate.
The rooms were tiny, poorly furnished and in dire need of redecorating. The bathroom looked as if it had never seen a cleaning product. There was a light over one of the beds held together with masking tape!
Location wise it was spot on. Everything else.....dont bother!
Avoid it like the plague!

• Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
5 Thank Babs_irl

Denmark
Reviewed 27 October 2006

What a disgusting dump! Nothing functioned, not even the elevator, everything was old and filthy, no service at all. The matress' springs poked out in the beds. The worst place I have ever stayed in, we left after one night even though we had payed for two, but we were glad to, just to get away!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Use a bit mor money and stay a nice place!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kenzie1

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Modesto, California
Reviewed 8 August 2006

I am not picky about budget hotels. I stayed in a comparably poor hostel in London two weeks prior for much less money. You will be deceived by the cleanliness and facade of the lobby as they are the cleanest aspects of this hotel.

My wife and I stayed at the An-Nur hotel July 27 through July 31, the last 4 nights of a two week trip to England and I felt suckered for booking this DUMP after reading the dishonest reviews on another website. We paid $108 a night, which I realize is nothing for London in July. If I hadn't already paid, I'd never have stayed here. Pay more and sleep well.

The staff are nice, but the hotel is a dump. I wish I could have seen the rooms people who have written positive reviews on this website are referring to, because I don't understand how anyone can say anything positive about the facilities themselves. The hotel is disgusting. Stains everywhere but the lobby. It's the kind of place that makes you feel dirty the moment the elevator doors open onto your floor. We stayed in a room on the first floor. It was DISGUSTING! The sheets, towels, and bathroom counter were the only things clean about the hotel. You won't want to sit on the bed or walk without shoes on the floor. There is a telephone in the room, BUT it doesn't work. Not Safe.

There is a drain in the middle of the bathroom floor because the whole bathroom serves as the shower. You can LITERALLY sit on the toilet and take a shower at the same time. The shower sprays all over the toilet and would fill it up if you left the lid up while showering. The shower "curtain" is so close to the shower head you have to practically wrap yourself in it like a cape if you want to prevent it from soaking the disgusting, worn, moldy, bathroom floor, (which incidently floods when you take a shower.) If I haven't persuaded you NOT to stay here, then I don't think anything will. Bring flip-flops for the shower. Better yet.... Just stay in a hostel and save yourself some money. This is one sad hotel.

Never ate the breakfast after reading the reviews, but sure heard everyone else eating in the atrium below our window at 6:30 am.

Believe the reports about loud garbage collection at the An-Nur Hotel. The Thisleton Kennsington Gardens Hotel around the corner (probably a "real" hotel) has a dumpster just outside the windows on the back of the An-Nur Hotel that its staff throw bags of empty wine bottles into at late and early hours 1:00 am and 4:30 am during our stay. Garbage was collected and woke us up at 6:00. Hotels comparable to this one line the street , Queensburough Terrace, look at them before you stay here. Pay more if you have to, but please DON'T STAY HERE. Please. I feel bad for the staff because they work in such a dodgy establishment.

----Josh, California

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filthy hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
8 Thank WModesto
North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2006

Our travel agent booked this hotel for us in London. Although the location is convenient to two tube stops there is little else good to say. Read the other reviews, we would concur. The rooms were hot, extremely small, carpets and walls were dirty, non-working phones, small television with about three channels. We had two rooms for my wife and three older children. The only salvation was that we were gone most of the day. I travel a lot for business and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Liked — Close to two tube stops
  • Disliked — Small noisy rooms
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank NCSoccerDad
Glasgow
Reviewed 15 July 2006

On arrival in London on the evening of the 29th June , my girlfriend checked in at the hotel to be told that there was a power fault on the floor our room was situated , and that we would have to move hotels . She was subsequently told that the hotel was undergoing refurbishment. Other people were checking in successfully ( notably a large party of Japanese tourists ) We were moved to across the road, the Hotel An-Nur. This was the grubbiest hotel I have had the misfortune to stay in. The floor our room was located on had a filthy carpet with stains as did our room . The room was extremely small , and had a broken down curtain rail. There were cigarette burns in the curtains. There were no coffee or tea making facilities , and there were stains on the bathroom and shower floor. Really unacceptable .. as my girlfriend stated, it was like a film location for intravenous drug users .I went across to the original hotel and asked for alternate accommodation. I was told that the hotel was full " due to Wimbledon " , and that no other hotels/rooms were available. I asked how other guests were able to receive rooms when my booking was made two weeks earlier, and secondly that no attempt had been made either by email or phone to inform me of the situation. No adequate reponse was given. We had no choice but to stay in the room, then speak to the day manager the following morning.The day manager was helpful, in that he apologised , and informed us compensation would be available through your website . We were not the only patrons who had made complaints re the hotel An-Nur after being moved.

Copy of my complaint to the booking website..I received 22% compensation of my cost for this :-( My heart goes out to the newly weds in the previous review who had the bad luck to stay there too .

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank Medic1970
tampa, fl
Reviewed 5 July 2006

My husband and i arrived here after 11 hours of travel, on our honeymoon, we weren't expecting too much, we aren't high maintenance at all, but this place is awful. I don't like to say negative things, but i have to say, don't stay here if you have ANY desire to enjoy ANYTHING about where you stay. May as well be a hostel. The rooms are tiny, which is OK if you don't mind stubbing your toes everytime you try to move at all! The phones don't work at all... and they won't let you use their phone. They lock the doors at night and there is a sign that says ring bell to enter when door is locked...NO BELL... they sleep on the couch and hopefully hear you when you get back. It just wasn't a nice experience.. and as for the breakfast, great if you like stale bread and rice crispies, because that is ALL you have to choose from. Not to mention it is an OVEN in the hot little box of a room, and the window must remain WIDE open for any hopes of breathing, which, in turn, leaves for a restless night of sleep, constant LOUD garbage collection...just NOT anywhere near ideal. I suppose we are mostly upset with the fact that they advertise as newly remodeled with phone/internet, etc... they have NEVER remodeled, when i asked if certain rooms were remodeled, he laughed and said "no, no remodel, all rooms same"...don't go here unless you were planning on a hostel and they were all booked....
worth spending a few extra dollars to go anywhere else....
our humble opinion.....the newlyweds...

• Stayed July 2006