“Enjoyable stay.”

Ranked #358 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Enjoyable stay.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Lovely hotel in a great location. The staff are very professional and friendly, and one of the hotel's best assets. The room was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast had a good selection, and once again the staff are excellent and friendly. The only thing I would pick at is the price for wifi in the room, £ 14.95 is a little steep. There is free wifi in the lounge/reception area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear BarbReid,

It was lovely reading your positive comments regarding our staff, guestrooms and breakfast selection.

I’m sure you know that we truly appreciate this feedback and will deliver it to the Hotel’s staff. To have a guest mention them is meaningful.

Our main focus is to provide excellent guest service and, with your comment, I believe that we have fulfilled that.

I am also pleased you mentioned how comfortable our guestrooms are, as this contributes to making our guests’ stays even more enjoyable.

As for the WIFI charges, please understand that The Trafalgar is located in a very competitive area and other hotels offer similar rates. We are aware that Internet is an important necessity which is why we offer it free of charge in all public areas of the Hotel.

I am looking forward to seeing you at The Trafalgar soon.

christina.hernandez@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed here recently and staff were quickly responsive to numerous issues that arose during the stay. The lighting in elevators and halls is really surprising felt like a trip back to the psychedelic days (I'm dating myself I know), purple hall lighting (difficult to see anything including massive carpet staining), elevator's lights that could induce seizures. Rooms were as requested and staff were careful to accommodate requests, buffet breakfast was splendid and plentiful w/ many choices. As mentioned great location. BUT, ran out of toilet paper ( a 4 star ??? WTF), incredible noise in evening w/ bar and "live" music continuous w/ front desk sheez! Housekeeping must be located across town since their response time is 2 hrs. Security issues presented themselves w/ inebriated guests roaming halls. Again staff were great did all possible to compensate but some of the issues should have NEVER occurred. Knowing what I know I'd consider returning (have to persuade my wife) but not w/ family and small kids. This is for grown-ups.

Room Tip: Only 2 rooms on each floor have Trafalgar view so be sure to insist if that is your choice.
Dear DrjGa,

I am thrilled to see your rating of four stars for The Trafalgar Hotel.

Thank you for your great feedback.

Our main goal, here at The Trafalgar, is to deliver great customer service. We carefully read and try to accommodate all our guests according to their preferences and I´m pleased to have done so during your stay.

I am also glad to hear that you appreciated all the delicious breakfast choices we have to offer.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in the Housekeeping service provided. I will discuss this in depth with our Executive Housekeeper who will make sure to take all actions necessary to avoid any reoccurrence of this matter.

I would also like to mention that The Trafalgar offers live music in the Bar, near the reception, by the end of the week and weekends. We offer this service to entertain guests although I will take into consideration the impact this music causes in the reception area. Thank you for pointing this out.

I do hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back at The Trafalgar.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

excellent location, close to Charring Cross Underground station. good views, clean, friendly. open air roof top terrace (unfortunately closed for private party during my stay). would stay here again when in London on business

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Geoff D,

Thank you for the terrific rating you gave The Trafalgar hotel regarding your past stay with us!

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and that you also look forward to coming again for your next business trip.

I apologize that you were unable to visit our Vista Bar and enjoy the incredible views. Unfortunately we had reached our full capacity during your stay although this does not happen on a daily basis.

I do hope you are able to access our Vista Bar on your next visit with us and would advise you to contact me personally in order to assist you with this.

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed here recently and the hotel is very well run and the rooms very tastefully decorated. The front of desk staff and bar staff were all very accommodating.
Walk out of the door and you are right in Trafalgar square.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Dave S,

I am so thrilled to see you rated The Trafalgar with the highest score possible.

Thank you for taking the time to write your great feedback!

The fact that you commented on the staff, location and guestrooms makes me understand that we have delivered great customer service and have exceeded your expectations.

This is our main goal at The Trafalgar! I will pass this on to the reception staff, as they will be delighted to hear that they were very accommodating and friendly.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

My best friend booked for the two of us to stay at the trafalgar Hilton as a 21st birthday surprise. We arrived an hour early and, at first, the receptionist took out mobile number and told us she'd have the room available as quickly as possible and would call us to let us know. After an hour of wandering around we went back to sit in the foyer and awaited our phone call. It got to 2:50 (check in was 3) so we went up to the desk where we found out our room had been ready for quite a long time. We arrived at our room after finding it through the creepily dark and dingey corridors (with horrible purple low lighting) only to find our bags were nowhere to be seen. We phoned reception and asked of the where abouts of our precious luggage and had to wait 45 minutes for it to be delivered. So we thought we'd listen to the radio- only to find out it was so ancient it genuinely didn't play anything on any station. We settled for the tv with a limited range of channels and had a look around our 'luxury' room. The old brown carpet really didn't compliment the stained and dented white walls, and the grotty loose tiling in the bathroom certainly wasn't a highlight- along with the half a toilet roll we had been provided with. We then decided to venture up to the roof top bar- where we were asked to pay £5 a head to merely sit at a table, far enough away from the edge that we couldn't even see the view, and on a table far too close to other guests for us to have a conversation. So we decided to go elsewhere- the price you pay for the hotel would make one assume the seat at the roof would be included as cocktails were highly expensive on top of this. The bed was comfortable at best, but in the morning after both using the bathroom, we had no toile roll left. We again asked receiption for some more and had to wait almost an hour for them to bring it, after asking twice. Breakfast was tasty and there was a good selection, however staff were extremely unattentive and other guests had been rude to us. We left the Hilton eager to get to our next destination, and were thoroughly disappointed and upset by the standard of our room, of the service, and of the stay altogether. I would never book with Hilton again and feel we were ripped off!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Elzcc,

Thank you for your comments.

After reading through your description of your last stay with us, I am really concerned regarding the entire experience. Please be assured, that this is not the service we strive to provide.

I would like you to know that I will investigate your booking and follow up with the reception team in order to figure out the reasons behind the misunderstanding of failing to contact you once your room was ready. At The Trafalgar, we try to prioritize early check-ins, although it´s it is set to be at 15:00.

I understand your frustration since you were told that you would be contacted by us immediately.

I will also speak to both Housekeeping and Maintenance departments regarding the radio and the bathroom amenities that were provided.

I can only apologize for this experience as I know it was a special day of celebration. Our main priority is to make our guests feel cared for and demonstrate exceptional customer service. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion.

I do hope you give The Trafalgar another opportunity to restore your faith with us which is why I would like you to please contact me personally if you decide to come stay with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Christina.Hernandez@hilton.com
Cornworthy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My sister and I visited the Trafalgar on June 12th 2013 and had booked lunch on the roof gardens, which we were visiting for the first time. Unfortunately due to our English unpredictable weather it wasn't open for obvious reasons.
All was not lost, Daniel Koller, the Manager, who was extremely friendly and sympathetic to our disappointment took us to see the wonderful views from the roof and where we were able to take photos. We then had a lovely lunch together with a nice glass of in the lounge/bar. We enjoyed our visit very much, mainly due to the warm welcome we received from all the staff. We will definitely we back when the weather is sunny so we can enjoy our 'lunch with a view over Trafalgar Square'.
Thanks from Rita and Tricia

1 Thank Tricia062
Stephanie R, Assistant Front of House Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Tricia062,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the English weather did not adhere to your plans, but please come and visit us soon again to enjoy the magnificent view and food on Vista.

Best Regards from The Trafalgar,

Stephanie
Assistant Front of House Manager
Stephanie.Richter@hilton.com
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel could not be more central. Front of house staff are very helpful and welcoming. On the other hand the bar staff are a bit unwelcoming. The bar prices are totally excessive. However, the good points of the hotel more than outweigh the bad points and overall I would give this hotel a 9 out of 10.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephanie R, Assistant Front of House Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Trafalgar with other Tripadvisor users. Please be reassured that I have passed on your comments about the staff and the prices in the bar to the Bar Manager who will monitor the situation closely. I have also shared your wonderful feedback with my team which serves as a great motivator to them.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards from Trafalgar Square,