“Absolutely fantastic”

Ranked #362 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My friend and I stayed here on Saturday 25th January and all I can say is that this is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in. We arrived at around 10.00am and although we were not due to check in until 3.00pm we were delighted to be told we could check in right away. The Hotels location is just fantastic and within walking distance to the London eye, Buckingham Palace and Big Ben, the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly and it was an added touch that we were able to leave our luggage in their care on checkout so we could explore London further.
The only negative was the bathroom, it was a little tired looking and the shower wasn't great but other than this small gripe I really couldn't fault my stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ben D, Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of The Trafalgar Hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff to be both helpful and friendly.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Ben Deane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 22 January 2014

A great city-centre location, chosen specifically because of it's proximity to The Coliseum. Hilton branding is discreet, but as loyalty scheme members were were given a free upgrade and checked-in early without difficulty. Our room was small but clean, and with a terrific view of the Square. No complaints.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

As The Trafalgar is the only non-branded Hilton Worldwide, we provide a different experience to our valuable guests and reflect this with our decor and ambiance. I am delighetd this was of your liking and that you were also able to enjoy your stay in one of our upgraded rooms looking over Trafalgar Square.

As a valuable HIlton Honors member, the team and I are looking forward to having you stay with us again!

San diego, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I chose this hotel for its location, and was not disappointed. It was easy to reach from Heathrow with only one transfer (took about 1 hour travel time), and the nearby Charing Cross station was convenient to get elsewhere around the city. I chose to walk most of the time I was there, and the amenities in the neighborhood are handy (drugstores, grocery, restaurants). The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room I had was comfortable (one of the higher priced rooms). My room came with free continental breakfast, but it was fairly bad and I chose to skip it after the first try. I found the hallway outside of my room to be very loud in the mornings, although my room was near the doors to the elevator. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would consider it again for my next trip to London.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Greetings to the US!

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor and rating The Trafalgar with such a high score!

I am delighted you pointed out one of our best assets: our location. As we are situated close to Londons main attractions by foot, our excellent location guarantees to enhance our guests experiences!

I would also like to thank you for mentioning our helpful staff. Our main priority is to focus on our valuable guest's needs and, therefore, I am glad we met your high expectations.

In regards to your comment about breakfast, I am shocked it was not of your liking. We provide a wide selection of fresh products and always receive positive feedback.

I do apologise the breakfast was not of your liking and do hope you return in order to give us another opportunity.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great location. Transport was just a stone throw from the hotel.
No much noise despite being at the Trafalgar square.
Had trouble with wifi but it was ok when changing my location in the room.
Staff was great. Requested a connected rooms and an early check in and got it at 10 am.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating The Trafalgar with 4 great stars!

I am pleased you enjoyed your entire stay and mentioned our fabulous location and helpful staff.

Our goal is to ensure all our valuable guests have a memorable stay with us and am delighted you experienced this!

The team and I are looking forward to greeting you, once again, in teh near future.

Westbury, New York, USA
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We returned to The Trafalgar and brought our grandson to London for his first trip to Europe. The staff at the Trafalgar could not have been nicer to us. Christina Hernandez, Guest Relations Manager, arranged for an excellent room with a view of Trafalgar Square. The front desk staff took care of all our needs, especially the concierge, Maciej. The Trafalgar staff and its location helped make our grandson's first trip to London an experience he will always remember.

Room Tip: Request room 203. It provides a great view of Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dorice

Greetings to New York!

Thank you for your lovely comments and for rating The Trafalgar with the highest score!

I am delighted you had a great stay with us and your grandson was able to enjoy London for the first time!

I will definitely pass your kind feedback to Maciej and the rest of my collegues and we are very much looking forward to greeting you again!

sidcup
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here for one night. The location couldn't be better for tube, theatre, national gallery and portrait gallery.
BUT the room I stayed in was awful. Dirty carpet, empty tissue box, no minibar price list, overlooked into the room by huge office block, broken tap, worn, grubby grouting, cheap and shabby furniture. I really didn't like it but when I asked to move there was nothing else available.
The tv had a terrible picture and was very temperamental and the wifi is £15 per day!! Come on, it really should be included these days and at these prices.
Breakfast was a bit of a shambles. There are no menus so we didn't know we could order aside from the buffet. We realised when we saw other people. We had cold coffee and waited an age for more cutlery and butter. The buffet itself was ok although the scrambled eggs were the hard, sitting in milk variety.
All in all apart from location there's no way I'd stay here again. Very disappointing when you're treating yourselves to a night away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at The Trafalgar Hotel.

I was disappointed to receive your feedback, and as such, I would be grateful if you could provide us with your telephone number so that I may contact you at your convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact me directly on Christina.hernandez@hilton.com.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you didn’t receive our normally high standards of service.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Best wishes,

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went for a sort brake to the trafalgar hotel. We had a grate time. The food was excellent and all of the staff where very helpful and friendly.the room was lovely plus the hotel was clean and very tide. The survice there was second to none. I reconmend this hotel to couple and familys.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to have read that you rated The Trafalgar with 5 stars regarding your recent stay with us!

The team and I are very thankful for your kind comments as our main goal is to provide only the best customer service.

We are glad we met your high expectations and look forward to welcoming you, once again!