“Gret experience”

Ranked #357 of 1,067 Hotels in London
marlow
“Gret experience”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

stayed 1 night over the tube strike 2014 an found it to be a hidden gem in trafalger square decent room and a great bar ....... staff friendly and helpful despite our level of alcohol

will visit again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Stephanie R, Assistant Front of House Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic Tripadvisor review. I am glad to read that you discovered our hidden gem and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon (perhaps when our rooftop bar is open again for the summer season)!

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Stephanie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from London and I loved our stay at this beautiful hotel. Our check in was very smooth and friendly. Sergey, you were amazing:) thank you for your welcoming approach. You were so helpful.
We have stayed in a non-smoking room.
The rooms are spacious, very clean, ironing machine, hair dryer, toiletries, are provided. Bath robes (3 of them) slippers are all in there. They say it is two double beds but oh boy it was two king size bed. Very comfy. We stayed with out twins so we needed that and it was awesome. They even provided two DVDs for the kids which I found very thoughtful.
Breakfast was PERFECT! Everything is there and their cook is amazing. We also had dinner at the hotel and it was delicious. They have recently changed their menu and everything is healthy. Wo if you don't wanna move away from your long lasting diet while vacationing this is the place. It is healthy and delicious at the same time.
The design of the lounge is contemporary and it is bar/restaurant. Amazing place to have fun with your friends and great place for couples without kids. We still loved it and enjoyed it eating there with our kids.
I don't even have to mention the convenience of location I guess. Because it is in the middle of Trafalgar Square:)

There is only one advice I have for the hotel. You need stroller and wheel chair friendly doors. Main doors are ok. But the doors that lead to rooms after the elevator and the door that leads to the restaurant in the basement for breakfast are heavy and not automatic. So it is difficult to move around for people who have strollers or wheelchair.

Other than that, you guys were amazing. Every single person was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. So I was very impressed! Thank you!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank TravellerFiliz
Dear Guest,

Greetings to beautiful Canada!

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for your positive and detailed Tripadvisor review. This is sure to help other Tripadvisor users in their decision making when coming to London. I would especially like to thank you for your kind comments about our staff. Please be assured that I will pass this on to the team, which serves as a great motivator to them.

We truly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you soon again at The Trafalgar Hotel!

With Best Regards,
Berkshire, Reading
Reviewed 2 February 2014

18 of us stayed in December for a private Christmas Party. Service was excellent, as was the food.

Accommodation was as you would expect for a Hilton Hotel, although the room wasn't what you would call large. Breakfast service, for a busy Saturday morning, was more than adequate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EllaBella47
Stephanie R, Assistant Front of House Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent event and stay at the Trafalgar. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful celebration of the festive season with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again at The Trafalgar!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My girlfriend and I took a last minute trip to London from December 15 - 22nd. The hotel staff were knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. We would like to personally thank David, Laura, Nana, Victor, Stefani, Macien, Tom, Carlo, Jose, and Huma! (Please excuse our spelling, if we got it wrong!)
The hotel's location is perfect for the first time traveler to London. You are just down the street from Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Eye of London, Picadilly Circus, among many other sites!
The hotel was clean, quiet, and the staff went above and beyond to ensure our stay was perfect.
Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephanie R, Assistant Front of House Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2014

Greetings to Louisville!

I am excited to read your wonderful comments and would especially like to thank you for personally mentioning the staff members that made your stay so special. This is truly what we strive to achieve on a daily basis.
I hope that by now, you have returned home safely and we are already looking forward to welcoming you soon again at The Trafalgar.

UK
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed here one night in Jan '14 for business. Check in was quick and as HHonors gold I was upgraded to a fantastic deluxe room. The rooms are very spacious for central London with excellent sound proofing (no traffic noise even though I could see Trafalgar Square from the room).

The staff are truly a credit, very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was very good and service was quick. Better toiletries than the usual Hilton ones are provided although the towels were looking a bit old.

This is a stylish hotel with interesting lighting and music in the lifts. It was a bit wasted on a Monday night/Tuesday morning - I wish I'd been here for a weekend trip! I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with a view is great
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JT22
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your fantastic comments about our hotel with fellow travellers. I am especially exciting to read your feedback about our staff. Please be assured, that I will share your comments with the entire team, which serves as a great motivator to them.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again for a weekend trip so you might be able to enjoy our in-house DJ on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Alessia and her team looked after my husband and I booked our stay on the 25th January. It was a brilliant location, lovely quiet room and clean, well presented bar/reception etc.

The detail that went into making our stay perfect was all down to the team and we had a fabulous time.

Thanks once again and we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with king bed as our room was perfect and located at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cubitt2014
Stephanie R, Assistant Front of House Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team, and especially Alessia, made you feel welcome and cared for.
Please be assured that I will pass on your comments to the entire team, which serves as a great motivator to them.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again at The Trafalgar Hotel.

Stephanie Richter
Lakeside, Essex
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Upon opening the door to our room we were very pleased that we chose this hotel instead of the Thistle Royal Trafalgar.

The room was spacious and the decor was contemporary. The mattress was very very comfortable. My husband wished he had noted the make of the mattress before we left, but he forgot.

We had a Deluxe Room with the window was facing the office block at the back of the hotel.

The bathroom was large, but the bathtub was of just standard size and I can just about lay in it.

I like the decor of the lifts and hallway. General photos of the hotel doesn't do it justice, you need to see the hotel in person yourself.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben D, Front Office Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I hope that you enjoyed your time in London and that I have a chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,