“Ideal location”

The Trafalgar Hotel
Ranked #347 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Hotel concept is puristic for modern and yourger People.
The rooms are fairly small, however you get all you Need.
I liked this Hotel and especially the perfect location.
Highly recommended if you want to save time going by the "tube" (Underground)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kurt K
Ben D, Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad that the location of the hotel helped to make your stay in London as enjoyable as possible.
I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Ben Deane

There are newer reviews for The Trafalgar Hotel

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I usually hate Hipster Foofoo hotels;
Make no mistake this hotel is just that.

When I walked in I immediately rolled my eyes at my wife who had booked it;
However the check in was very fast and they were extremely friendly and accommodating.

The elevator could have passed for a ride at Epcot with the edge lighting and the lighting on the floor with the room was dim and sort of blue-ish (as I would imagine Aquamans home may be lit)

When I opened the door to the room I was much happier;
Standard hotel room, with a lot of room, a proper bed with great sheets, and a large bathroom.

(No foofoo)

The location of this hotel is amazing;
Its right beside Canada House and right at the edge of the Mall, you are a straight-shot away from Buckingham Palace and Big Ben is right around the corner with Trafalgar square basically out the front door.

If you are in London to see the sights this is about as ideal as it gets location wise.

The restaurant is also awesome;
Breakfast was first rate and over the course of a few tries having tried everything that was part of the buffet I was pretty impressed.

The desk staff is also first rate;
Every recommendation was better than the last.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see that we were able to change your initial reaction to our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your comments on to our Food and Beverage Manager and he was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Ben Deane

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, from the minute we arrived it was excellent service, the staff are all very friendly and stop to say hello, the reception staff very helpful. Nothing is too much trouble.

The room was lovely, very spacious and really clean, couldn't find a bit of dust if i'd tried! The bathroom was really clean and a nice selection of toiletries was included!

The location of the hotel was perfect, right in Trafalgar square, so close to everything. But once inside our hotel room you can't hear any of the outside noise, so had a great nights sleep!

We didn't use the restaurant or bar, as we had pre arranged plans during our stay, but it looked nice and seemed busy in the evenings.

I would love to stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating The Trafalgar with five stars!

I am delighted to have read you had a wonderful experience with us.

We aim to provide our guests with the best customer service and am grateful you took the time to mention the team and our excellent location.

We look forward to greeting you again, hopefully, very soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

What a great hotel! The somewhat dingy exterior belies the fabulous, vibrant hotel within! The funky purple and greens are off set by large open spaces - so it is a comfortable, relaxing respite from the hubub outside. The rooms are well appointed and large. The food was good, there is a small well equipped fittness centre. The standout is the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. A great stay. I would definitely recommend it for someone who wants a very central location and a friendly, well appointed hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

As we are the only non-branded Hilton Worldwide, we provide a different ambiance and atmosphere with our colouful lights and music. I am so glad this was of your liking.

I would also like to thank you for mentioning the staff and location.

We hope to be able to extend a warm welcome to you soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We felt very welcome by the staff, be it at the reception or at the breakfast buffet, especially with the children.

The hotel's location is great, right on Trafalgar Square with many sights in walking distance and the Tube nearby.

The rooms are spacious and surprisingly quiet, given that the hotel is located at a busy street with lots of traffic.

The only negative point is the relatively high rate.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonPistachio

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled you rated The Trafalgar with the best score.

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review and for mentioning our friendly staff and central location.

The team and I hope to be able to greet you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Location, location, location. It was fantastic for a visit to London. Within walking distance of so many things to see. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Excellent food, a great place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harvey H
Christina H, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Greetings to Munich!

I am delighted to learn you rated The Trafalgar with five stars!

Thank you for taking the time to point out two of our best assets in the Hotel, our great central location and friendly staff.

The team and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel friendly and welcoming excellent location good breakfast. However the rooms leave a bit to be desired for the price tag! Room we had was small, dusty and food waste on floor. We had a constant whirring noise from the air conditioning unit even when switched off so poor nights sleep. When we told hotel staff just got an apology as it was a one night stay I assume they cleaned and sorted it after we left? Still charged full price though !!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve J
Agustin C, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Steve J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor,

As the new Guest Relations Manager I would like to offers you my assistance for your future visits to The Trafalgar Hotel.

Warm Greetings,