“Great Location for London Sights”

The Trafalgar Hotel
Ranked #362 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Location for London Sights”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Trafalgar Hotel for four days and were very pleased with the accommodations and location. The room was clean, good sized (even for a family of four) and modern. They even provided washcloths (flannels) along with the soft towels, robes and slippers. The bed was very comfortable (I have a picky back) and the linens were top notch. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did not eat at the restaurant. The only difficulty we had was finding it with our driver, as it does not have a very prominent sign.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Agustin C, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear SoCalGirlInUK,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor,

We are very happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay and will be a pleasure to welcoming you back soon.

agustin.cervo@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The Trafalgar was a unique and different hotel experience. The room was a bit small when compared to what we were accustomed too, however I believe that is a European concept given that other hotels are comparable in size. Cannot say enough about the staff, everyone was very nice and helpful from the concierge
to the wait staff at both the roof top bar and the restaurant. The reception on Tuesday evening by the hotel staff was a nice, unexpected treat! Beds were very comfortable, water pressure not so good, but adequate. Location was walking distance from the theatre district, Picadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace and many other attractions. Also located within a city block of Charing Cross Station.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LoriAnn007
Dear LoriAnn007,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor,

I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location allowed you for make the most out of your stay in London.

We value your feedback about the rooms.

I am at your entire disposal for your future visits,

Norfolk, England
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a fab time at this lovely vibrant hotel, suitable manly for adults due to the excellent bars, one on the roof and one near reception, they are both very popular and lively during the evening this did not disrupt our stay in any way. Perfectly situated for sightseeing and theatres. The rooms are lovely, very clean and comfy. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MummyChubby,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor,

I am glad to know that you find our location to be very central.
Thank you very much for all the good feedback about the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon to The Trafalgar.

haywards heath
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really well located to see the sights on foot. Only five minutes walk to Leicester Square and right in Trafalgar Square. The rooms are a good size and the beds comfy. The bathroom, whilst being a little retro was well stocked with amenities and exceptionally clean. Breakfast was great, eggs cooked to order if you would like them. We sampled the roof top bar and found the staff friendly and efficient, reception staff and porter was also very friendly. This will be my go to hotel in London now, great value and great service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teacheronholiday
Agustin C, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear teacheronholiday,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much for all the good feedback, we will very happy to welcome you back.

I am at your disposal for your future visits.

Agustin Cervo.
Guest Relations Manager.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived at the hotel at ten thirty in the morning to drop off bags. We were delighted to be told that it would be possible to have one of 2 rooms early. The young lady that checked us in asked if we had any special plans for the day and we told her we were in London with our daughter for her 18th birthday. We got our key card and took all our bags up to the one room. This short journey could not have taken more than 3 to 4 minutes, yet we opened the door to find a slate of petit fours with happy 18th birthday written in icing sugar. We were astonished and at first we assumed it was a mistake and that there were other guests on an 18th birthday, but no it was for my daughter, it was a fantastic start to the trip. Well done Hilton you have some wonderful, thoughtful and efficient staff at The Trafalgar. Thank you for a memorable trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear J2119DIandrewc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Your good feedback is very important for us, we will very happy to welcome you back soon.

I am at your disposal for your future visits.

Boston, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Check-in clerk was slightly rude when I asked for an approximate time that my room might be available since it wasn't available when I was checking in around 1:30. "Well I can only guarantee 3:00 sir, check-in time" that was his response. Oh thank you so much for the helpful response sir, I didn't realize check-in time at hotels is typically 3:00. An approximate time would have been helpful as I had just traveled quite a distance to be there. Initial room had many stains on the carpeting, one quite large that looked like someone regurgitated on the floor, bathroom also had stains on floor which showed the floor was likely not mopped. Also, the room was rather small for over $350 USD per night, I understand it's London, but even by London standards the room was rather small. Brought this issue to the attention of the front desk and the girl was helpful as she offered to move my room. A bit later the concierge? came up to move me down the hall to a different room and at the same time a housekeeper manager? not sure who she was but she basically rudely asked, "What's the problem?" I said there are stains all over the carpet and a rather large one on the other side of the bed, you should look at it and make sure it's cleaned before the room is presented to another guest. I'm sure it went right over her head. The staff moved me down the hall to a different room which happened to be an accessible room so it had red wires all over the place. This room also didn't seem very clean and also smelled like dirty carpet/mold so I questioned the cleanliness and there was also an empty mini wine bottle behind the dresser/TV stand (I'm sure it's still there) but as I had already moved once, I wasn't in the mood to move again. To add to the drama, the TV didn't work. I asked a housekeeper that brought water to the room if she could help, I don't know whether she didn't speak very well English or not, but she basically said "What?" three times before she offered to send someone up to help me. No one arrived to assist. I stopped by the front desk about two hours later and was told that the maintenance man had gone home for the day so no person was available to help until tomorrow morning. Great! no TV for an entire day's stay. Guess I won't be watching any football. The internet in the entire hotel was pretty awful. In my guest room the internet was spotty at best and I was forced to log back in multiple times throughout the day, essentially starting the process over again - huge waste of time. Then after connecting, the sites would drag, as if I was using dial-up service from the early 90's. I don't think internet that barely works should cost over $25 USD per day. Especially when it's pretty much an expected complimentary amenity in a hotel room in 2014. In the states most Hilton brands offer complimentary service, in the few I have visited in the last couple of years that didn't offer it for free, they have offered it to me for being an HHonors member. The check-out process at 5:30 am was also a very lengthy process and I unfortunately had a car waiting for me. The staff had charged me for a power converter (really??) I was obviously going to return it, there is no need to charge $17 USD for a $2 item on Amazon anyway. Guess it's a revenue generator for the hotel. The front desk clerk promptly took the charge off since I placed it on the counter. Great thanks so much for charging me just to remove it while I stand there and wait about 5 minutes. There was also another billing issue regarding VAT that took a bit of time to resolve. All together the check-out process took 15 minutes while my car waited. Very efficient process. The location of this hotel is great, near the tube and great restaurants and bars but my experience with the hotel was not so great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Victor M
Agustin C, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Victor M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor,

I would like to apologize for all the unfortunate incidents you experienced during your stay,

What you experienced is absolutely unacceptable and I can reassure you that this type of service should never be expected to reoccur.

I am at your entire disposal,

Agustin Cervo.
Guest Relations Manager.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 12 July 2014

There is no denying that location is what sells this hotel. Close proximity to public buses and the tube, not to mention nearby shops and restaurants makes this an ideal place to stay. For a first timer to London, location proved quite helpful for discovering nearby attractions and access to simple things such as a Barclays ATM machine. Arrived a bit early before normal check-in time, so had to leave my luggage with the concierge attendant. Although this Filipino looking concierge attendant proved helpful with the bags, he seemed impatient and when asked for directions to nearby Chinatown, directions and explanations were not clear. However, the other staff during checkout were helpful and attentive to resolving issues. Hallways leading up to the rooms were dimly illuminated for the chic modern feel. Rooms were nicely appointed with typical amenities. Just a reminder though. Be careful and mindful of the local telephone call rates. Coming from abroad, I used the in-room phone and made three local calls to a mobile number. To my surprise upon checkout, I ended up with a bill that amounted to over 60 Pounds. If that is not robbery, I don't know what to call it. In the end, was a pleasant stay in central London, especially for Hilton Honors members. Just stay away from that bloody in-room telephone!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jumbojetlee
Agustin C, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear tracy1256,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor,

At The Trafalgar we take all our guests ´comments very seriously as we value their personal opinions and feedback and I really appreciate this.

Should you wish to come back to London please do not hesitate to contact me directly,

Warm Regards,