“Convenient Location”

Ranked #406 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sevran, France
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Conveniently locate within Paddington Station with easy access to London Heathrow and Several Motro lines. Rooms are nice and nicely equiped and are reasonably priced for London.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Palo Alto, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Many positives to this hotel that is essentially attached to the Paddington station in London:
- Super location that is served by train service from Heathrow (both Express and Connect) and to many other UK locations in the South East
- Also attached to 3 Underground hubs making it easy to get to many London sites
- Quiet in hotel despite adjoining the train station
- Convenient shops and places to eat nearby
- Comfy and spacious rooms that are clean and well-maintained with comfy beds
- Complete breakfast buffet with lots of choices and good quality
- Excellent staff service that are responsive and helpful
- Fitness center available (but no swimming pool)

One drawback is that there is no self-serve business center for printing out boarding passes--you have to ask the concierge to do it, and he actually printed out the wrong one for us, causing a little extra work at the airport.

Overall excellent hotel in London!

2 Thank John T
, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear John T

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing your comments on TripAdvisor about yur stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed everything so much. On a minor point guets can also print out their boading cards in our Business Centre and our Executive Lounge, I am sorry that this was not also advised to you. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton London Paddington on your next visit to London.

Mike
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

The room was pretty nice - about what we expected. The location is amazing - you don't even have to go outside to get into the Paddington station, which was super convenient both for trains and for underground access.

But we were pretty put off by the charges they wanted to level for "extras". Mostly the internet - free in the lobby but you have to pay if you want access in the room. 15 pounds. Per day. PER DEVICE! That is highway robbery. The hostel we stayed at gave us free wifi, sheesh.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happy T
Dear Happy T

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you appreciated the room and the location. However I am sorry that you felt let down by the charges in the bedroom for internet. We have recently upgraded the internet and wifi system throughout the hotel with BT at a considerable investment for the increased bandwith and flexibility. As you mention it is at no charge in the public areas, this is for e mail and surfing the web. There is a charge in the bedrooms as you mention which is line with all other international hotel brands in London. However for Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members it is also free in their bedrooms.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Mike
Bay Area, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

The location is absolutely the best. A 15 min' ride from heathrow airport (via heathrow express) and right at the paddington tube (subway) and train station.

However, the hotel has some real drawbacks - rooms facing the front street don't have noise-proof windows; if you're on the top floors in select areas, the central cooling from the roof is noisy, so you may need to switch rooms until you find a quiet one. If you're jet lagged this is an issue.

Otherwise, everything else is really fine. I'd still recommend for anyone travelling to london for business, but just pick your room carefully.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SBSBD
Dear SBSD

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that overall that your enjoyed your stay. I am aware that there is a couple of rooms which can have an issue with because of mechanical equipment on the roof above. If you have a minute spare may I ask you to send me your name or the room number so that I can identify for sure in which bedroom you stayed and double check this. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

The hotel is located on a busy street but the benefit of this is that it is close to Paddington Station and Underground. There are numerous restaurants and pubs nearby and I would say there is something for everyone within 5 minutes walk. We took our 3 year old daughter and found it convenient for getting around, there is a London bus tours stop nearby and we found this the best way to get around. The hotel itself is great. The room was a little small for 3 of us but we did not spend too much time there so did not cause a problem. Breakfast was a buffet and catered for everyone. The staff were ultra friendly and could not do enough for you. Overall I would say it is great for anyone looking for a City Break, would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms not looking onto Praed Street would be a lot quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Brechiner

Many thanks for staying with us with your family for your recent visit to London. I am pleased that you found that the hotel suited all of your needs so well and especially that the team all looked after you so well. I do hope that you will all be able to come back and stay with us soon.

with best regards

Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

This hotel has always been good to stay. The last stay I had was in May 2012, for 6 days. Coming from an overseas flight from Dallas we arrived early in the day. Our room was not ready but, the staff at the Executive Lounge went out of their way to accomodate us. And the lounge is a nice place to relax while waiting to get into the room. The staff and property are superb. And being located at Paddington makes getting around so easy. As a Hilton Diamond we were upgraded to an executive level, The rooms were large even for American standards. We learned that within walking distance from the hotel are many excellent eateries. Just about any ethnic flair you would desire. I highly recommend this hotel for any business traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room. YOu are away from the street and construction noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear EdIsOnTheRoadAgain

Thank you for staying with us so often and thank you for taking the time to write your remarks on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that we are your preferred choice for all of the reasons that you kindly mention. I do hope that we will continue to remain as your preferred choice.

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I am a Diamond Hhonors member, staying with Hilton regularly, but had never stayed here before. Stayed last night on business, having booked in advance, and specifically asked for a quiet room on check-in (away from the road). I was advised that there were no Diamond room upgrades available as the hotel was busy. That's fine by me, I don't expect an upgrade, but did specifically ask for as quiet a room as possible. Having returned from dinner and heading to bed (at midnight) I was less than impressed to find that my room was right next to a building site, and that they were working through the night to dig the foundations!! It was so noisy that even with the windows fully closed and head sandwiched between pillows I managed a total of only 3hrs sleep. The photo attached to this review was taken at 5am. Also, the room air-con is useless....with it on the coldest setting and highest fan the room was still very warm so made sleeping with the windows closed unbearable. When I explained my unhappiness in the morning to the front desk assistant I got an apology, but no explanation as to why they can't effectively cater for their (supposedly) most valued customers. An expensive, uncomfortable, stay. Won't ever be staying there again.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing internally. While it's not a great room at least it shouldn't be as no...
5 Thank TravelsFunLondon
Dear TravelsFunLondon

Thank you for stayng with us and thank you for writing your comments on TripAdvisor. I do apologise that your requirements and expectations were not met. We do have work with CrossRail working alongside the Hotel in Eastbourne terrace,as you illustrate. This work is being tightly monitored and in particular the levels of noise emitted during this work. Without going into details the specific work alongside the foundations has just started and to this end we are, with the assistance of CrossRail, installing additional secondary glazing on all the windows alongside Eastbourne Terrace which will be complete in approximately two weeks time. However last week permission to work later than normal times was given by Westminster City Council and certain unplanned work occurred within this which was neither planned nor foreseen. Notwithstanding this I apologise that we were both unable to follow up your request at the time and that the air conditioning was not functioning as it should have been. If you have a minute spare I should be most grateful if you could send me a short note with your room number so that I might follow up both in more detail and reply to you directly.