“Great location & service”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #406 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

The convenience of the Hilton location in Paddington is difficult to beat. Immediately adjoining the Paddington railway station, with its Heathrow Express train, and an impressive range of convenience stores, the hotel is also close to traditional pubs, iconic residential architecture and Hyde Park. Oxford Street, with its glorious array of shops and services, is a 20 minute walk away. Our purpose was business and the variety of conference rooms and dedicated services is well-geared for serving business customers.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for your review about your time at the Hilton London Paddington. It was great to be able to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and I trust that we will see you again soon. Kind regards Mark.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

En route to Prague, Czech Republic, I ended up having to leave for London a day earlier than planned, so I decided to make the most of my layover. I booked this hotel last minute with an included breakfast rate. It's accessible from Paddington without stepping outside. It was super simple, from my plane, through customs, to the Heathrow Express, I was in my room in well under an hour from the time I landed in London. Having a full day ahead and my room not ready for checkin, they graciously let me use the business lounge (though that can't be guaranteed). I'm a HHonors Gold member now, but back then, I didn't have status with them. They stored my luggage, and I was off to see London!

I came back to my room about 7:30pm, got my luggage, and went straight to my room. The rooms are quite spacious I found for being a London hotel. The big bathtub was much appreciated as well as the amenities. Complimentary bottled water was also provided in the room. I got ready the next morning, and had breakfast delivered to my room for a 6 pound surcharge. They only brought the continental portion of my breakfast, but brought the rest about 20 minutes later. Kind of annoying, but not a big deal.

All in all, it's great to be able to just walk from Paddington straight into your hotel after a day of sightseeing around London.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Joey P
The team and I enjoyed reading about your experiences of staying at the Hilton London Paddington and the benefits we can offer through our location. It was great to see that you were able to take some time to explore this amazing city and we really do appreciate you having taken the time to write about it. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I've stayed in this hotel every year for the last 4 on a group trip that always uses it.

I've had a very noisy room 3 out of 4 years, with loud street noise disturbing us. The other year the room was fairly noisy as well, it wasn't street facing but there was noise from the station. At the prices charged I really would expect proper sound proofing.

On the plus side it is convenient (being located in the station) and the rooms have always been reasonably comfortable and well appointed.

Room Tip: Avoid street facing rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ejd1979
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Ed_Donovan.
I was sorry to read that you had experienced a problem with noise during your stay and I apologise for that. I hope that your annual trip to London will still continue and would ask that you send us a quick note when next staying, so that we may review your room allocation. We rarely receive comments about noise; but we are very happy to look at different room allocations for those who are impacted by the city noise. Kind regards Mark.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

I just spent four days at this hotel. It has all of the normal things you would expect from a Hilton. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, and the meals are well prepared. The staff make this hotel special. I had broken the shower head and mentioned it to the cleaning staff. While I was out they fixed it. That may not sound like much but since I stay in a lot of hotels very few handle complaints as quickly and professionally as this Hilton. I highly recommend and will stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear MollyJJM
The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay at the Hilton London Paddington and that our service levels exceeded your expactations. This is very important to us as the team train hard to be able to provide a great guest experience and it would appear that we were able to acheive this during your stay. We look forward to having you visit us once again when your travels next bring you to London. Kind regards Mark.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed here 3 days for a conference that was also being held in the hotel. Location is perfect right next to the station and very accessible from Heathrow. Bedroom was lovely and very quiet - the filter coffee machine was an especially nice touch! Fantastic staff particularly the concierge, and this is a hotel which is very efficient and geared up for big conference events. Excellent breakfast also. Only slight negatives - there is free wifi now but it is fairly slow and there are different connections depending where you are in the hotel so we found we were getting disconnected alot and having to go to get new access codes depending where we were sitting. Also room service food is not 24 hours which is unusual in a 5* hotel, especially in Central London. The hotel can also be very busy in communal areas due to the amount of events being held there but this isnt something I found a problem. Overall very well recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear RosieB1979
Thank you for your positive review about your stay at the Hilton London Paddington. The team and I were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted that you experienced difficulties with our WiFi during your stay. We currently have the BT engineers in the Hotel and they are more then doubling the capacity of the ssytem to ensure that we do not have a repeat of this problem going forward. With reference to the 24-hour Room Service; we do actually have 24 hour coverage, so I am concerned that you were told differently. My apologies for this. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next coming to London. Kind regards Mark.
cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

A first-class hotel with convenient access to all London sights and the Heathrow Express link to the airport. Comfortable beds and spacious (for London) rooms and all amenities. Excellent staff: the receptionist was particularly welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear FlorenceNewt
From reading your report, it would appear that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London. Best wishes Mark.
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Great Hotel to stay at. Brilliant location.
Great staff, very helpful and accommdating.
Fabulous doorman "Charles"...no request too much trouble for him....friendly,helpful, professional member of staff.
All staff very courteous and professional.
Hotel itself busy but very relaxing.
Nice bar/lounge and cocktail bar.
Great breakfast and good menu.
Well recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia-ksa
Dear Julia-ksa
Thank you for your review. I was happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that the team were able to help you with your requests. Charles on the door is indeed a great character and always one to put a smile on people's faces. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best wishes Mark.