“Typical Hilton Standards in Convenient Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton London Paddington

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #394 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Typical Hilton Standards in Convenient Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

If you're travelling to/from Paddington, this is almost part of the station so great location. Very large hotel, and has the standards you'd expect from a Hilton.

Everything is very clean and efficiently run. Staff were helpful, polite and friendly. It does have a very corporate, business like feel to it which is great if you need a hassle free, professional environment to stay in, but it does lack personality and atmosphere a bit.

Large, comfortable bed, good shower and nice quality toiletries supplied. Tea/coffee/fridge/ironing board/hairdryer etc - everything you'd expect from a Hilton.

Very busy foyer with lots of people waiting or coming/going. Visible security gave a real sense of being secure though.

Some great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear TravelLovingBB.
The team and I were very happy to see that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon and wish to say thank you, for you taking the time to write about your stay with us. Kind regards Mark.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

stayed 2 night here with husband, as I wanted to book for location as we wanted to see as much as London as we could. it was nice and my husband really loved the executive lounge and breakfast and evening as well , was very nice and perfect location room was clean . and had no issues. except could not find hairdryer at first as they put in a dresser. bathroom was a bit small but still it was nice as well.

wish they did not have the mini bars in the rooms, as it was like if you wanted to put something in the mini bar it has sensor , I just wished they would just put a mini fridge incase you wanted to have cold drinks, as lets face it would have been more useful than a mini bar type deal . for just booze.

Room Tip: great location to do a lot of traveling in central London as it is in the heart of Paddington statio...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christykane
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear christykane. Thank you for your review. The team and I were very happy to read that you enjoyed our central location and service during your stay in London. We look forward to welcoming you back again, when your travels next bring you to this part of the world. Kind regards Mark.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed here for one night during the week while attending a work conference. The reason for picking the Hilton was due to it's close proximity to Paddington station and therefore Heathrow Airport.
Having being almost run over by someone reversing their giant mini van right outside the main door, I entered the main door. I went to check in at reception - the guy I dealt with was incredibly unfriendly and quite miserable. He asked if i was a member of Hilton Honors to which I replied no, so then it seemed he didn't need to bother with me. He handed me a card with my room number on it and that was it! No, lifts in that direction, you're on floor 4, breakfast is served etc. Nothing!
Upon arriving in my room, I found a very long hair on my bed sheet - I assume this is from the cleaning staff and not a reflection on the cleanliness of the room but still, slightly off putting.
Having arrived late, I opted for room service - a warm sweet potato salad sounded lovely. When my dish arrived it consisted of 4 thin slices of sweet potato on a bed of rocket that was drenched in balsamic - hardly worth the £14 quoted on the menu!
I had just gotten into bed when there was a knock at my door, so I had to get up, put some clothes on to find someone wanting to collect my tray!
The next morning, I went to breakfast, where I was not offered tea or coffee so I sat eating my muesli and retreated to my room. After packing, I went to check out to again be "greeted" by the same man from the night before - again no "how was your stay etc" just the same unfriendly, can't be bothered, tone so I settled my bill (almost £300) and left.
There are plenty of nice hotels in London, many of them not as overpriced as the Hilton and I can guarantee I will never be staying here again!!

1 Thank Tracey H
Dear Tracey H.
Thank you for writing about your stay with us and my apaologies for your stay not being to our normal high standard. I would be very appreciative to have the opportunity to discuss the issues further with you and would encourage you to make contact directly to my office. Once again, my apologies for your experience. Kind reagrds Mark.
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed at the Hilton at Paddington train station prior to flying from Heathrow. The location of the hotel is excellent, not just for this purpose but also as a base for sight-seeing in London. More importantly, the quality of the accommodation is first class. My room was well appointed and clean, there was absolutely no noise that could be heard in the bedroom so a good night's sleep was had (aided by a very comfortable bed).

General facilities are also good, as was the service when I stayed there. A popular night club is on the ground floor but this in no way adversely affects the hotel - conversely, it is a positive attribute if you are so inclined.

There is no doubt I will use this hotel again whether it be for business or pleasure.

2 Thank Celtic_traveller165
Dear Celtic_traveller165. Thank you for your review of the Hilton London Paddington. The team and I were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the rooms to be comfortable and perfect for sleeping. We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Take the express train from Heathrow airport directly to Paddington station which sits under this hotel. Walk right upstairs and you are there. What a wonderful hotel. Beautiful, well cared for, terrific service and a fabulous breakfast buffet. The hotel rooms are very American and have more than enough space (not standard for a European hotel). The room was very clean with wonderful amenities. Just across the street from the front door is the bus stop for the infamous double decker tour bus. This hotel is the best location for anyone visiting London.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KiheiSands
Dear KiheiSands. Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hilton London Paddington. It sounds like you were able to maximise our location to ensure you explored the wonderful city of London to it's full potential. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards Mark.
South Wales, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Another stay at the Hilton Paddington prior to a flight from Heathrow. Quick check in and a nice quiet room meant a good nights sleep. Breakfast in the lounge was not of a very high quality but service was fine. Quick check out and a short Heathrow Express trip to The airport.

This hotel is really convenient for travel to Heathrow and less expensive than saying on airport with plenty of bars and restaurants in the surrounding area.

2 Thank DealSouthWales1_UK
Dear dealSouthWales_. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experiences at the Hilton London Paddington. It sounds like in general you are enjoying your time with us, but that we could do more to improve our Executive Breakfast experience. When you are next staying, I would love to meet up with you to discuss how we can further improve this product. Kind regards Mark.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here for one night. Room was fine. Ordered a vegetarian salad from room service but having eaten most of it found a small,slice of chicken. When I complained on checking out no one apologised.(Although, at my insistence they accepted I should not pay for the food - they stil charged the room service tray charge). Subsequent apology by email from Hotel manager was functional but expressed little real disappointment about his service. Would have left it at never going back myself. However, having just received an email promoting the Hilton despite having ticks the do not contact me box I was prompted to write a review.

Air conditioning in room was very noisy but it got too hot of it wasn't running.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank KindlySturgeon
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear KindlySturgeon
Further to our previous communications, I wish to once again apologise for the situation that occurred. I am still very happy to discuss the matter further; but wish to assure you that the isuse was investigated and actions taken as a result. Kind regards Mark.