“Convenient to Paddington”

Ranked #406 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Convenient to Paddington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Talk about on the doorstep! Really convenient. Very nice check in staff. Our heating didn't work so an engineer was sent up immediately. He couldn't rectify it so a mobile heater was sent up to our room. Everything was fine. Not outstanding, but then this isn't that expensive for a London hotel! Lots of places to eat and drink locally too so ideal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Labute. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. With the exception of the heating issue, it would appear that you had enjoyed your stay. The team has now rectified the problem, but I do apologise for the inconvenience that you experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton London Paddington. Kind regards Mark.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

If you come to London from Heathrow Airport by express train, this hotel is an excellent choice. The train will bring you close to the hotel lobby. The hotel is renovated and well mantained. I was there for a coference and facilities are appropriate. When I came to my room I found it very cold. I went to the front desk twice that they arranged some additional heating for my room. Otherwise room was very clean, with comfortable bed. The view was not something to remember - turned to the Paddinton station roof and to the wall of an adjacent block. I had breakfast in the main restaurant and it had good selection of various food. I liked their yogurt (blacberry and plain).

Room Tip: Rooms in higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Jo P. Thank you for your kind review. It would appear that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us which is wonderful to hear. I apologise for the issues you experienced with your room temperature. This is now being investigated by my engineering team. I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next come to London. Kind regards Mark.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Travel directly to this hotel from Heathrow by train and use the Underground located in the hotel to travel throughout London. It is much cheaper than using a cab. There is easy train access to other parts of the UK. Check the Brit Rail website for more information about direct service. We walked out of our hotel room and were in Oxford in about an hour.
This is an above average Hilton with good amenities and great service.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne F
Dear Suzanne F. Thank you for your wonderful review. I was happy to see that you could make the most of our central location and appreciated the Teams hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards Mark.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Its very convenient to get there. Rooms were nice and clean. Services were good and would always prefer to stay at Hilton as it becames very convenient to travel over there. Whenever I come to London for my business trips i prefer staying in Hilton.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear NavinAgarwalMOT. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We were very happy to read that we are your preferred hotel and that you stay with us when you come to London. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards Mark.
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I said at the hotel on 1st nov for one night as I didn't want to leave! Wd arrived at 11:45 and it was very kind of reception to check us in then! Room was very nice number 520 spacious room clean bathroom comfortable bed and very clean! All hotel staff were polite and helpful. It is adjoined to paddington station so easy to get to if arriving in to paddington! Directly opposite the hotel is the tube station and just up the road a little is the bus stops.. Wd didn't have breakfast at the hotel we went to raffles a little cafe just down from the hotel so I cannot commented on what the breakfast was like. Overall I would 100% stay again due to being a lovely hotel in a very good location!

Stayed November 2013
Mark R, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear lisa n. The team and I were delighted to read that you have had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next come to London. Best wishes, Mark.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

good location of the hotel. Easy access from the train station on the back entrance of the hotel. Very small lounge, very close to the lobby so a lot of people walking around non stop. Not a relaxing place. Food in the lounge was very good as well as the service. Breakfast selection was good. Room very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Dear Jarorado. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington. It would appear that you enjoyed your stay with us apart from the hotel being busy. As a very popular Hotel, we do indeed have a constant buzz in the hotel, but the Lounge is normally a nice oasis in which to escape. I am sorry that it did not work on this occasion, but hope that you will still come back and stay with us when next in London. Kind regards Mark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night prior to heading home to Australia. Exactly what we wanted location was amazing for the station. Wonderful checkin with a lovely girl who upgraded us to a king room (very spacious for London standards) when my husband mentioned we were in the last day of our honeymoon we had no idea that we would receive a beautiful bottle of wine and chocolates to the room lovely touch. The only negative was on check out on looking at our itemized bill I saw two charges for the steam room liquor which I had no idea what was for. The girl at the front desk explained it was for alcohol in their steam room bar (which we had not even known existed let alone had 10 pound worth of drink in). I explained to her that we hadn't been their and did not order any alcohol and had gone out of the hotel to dinner for our last night. She treated us as though we were lying and kept questioning us and said the charge was correct. I ended up having to be quite stern with her she green called someone and explained and then modified the bill rejecting the 10 pound charge and throwing it towards me on for desk. Not acceptable and so upsetting as all other staff we met were wonderful

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spongeeone
Dear Spongeeone. Thank you for taking the time to provide me with the feedback of your stay. I am very sorry that your stay was tainted by the checkout experience. I have spoken to my Front Office team to address this matter and we have now introduced a new procedure. Apart from this one incident I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will return on your next trip to the UK. Kind regards Mark.