“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #397 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Newport, United Kingdom
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A very comfortable stay here for the weekend and great breakfast. Ideally situated near the tube station so our journey by tube to piccadilly was trouble free and didnt take very long either.
Staff at hotel were very accommodating and it was great to get away and relax in these surroundings.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Diliana D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the Hilton London Paddington and I thank you for writing about your stay.
It was a pleasure to see that the quality of service you experienced met with you expectations. We appreciate all your feedback as this helps us to monitor and maintain the level of service we offer as a Hilton Hotel
We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ireland
Reviewed 13 January 2014

ok the good things first, breakfast was good even if a little crowded on the Sunday, the wifi was excellent, free to me as HH Gold, I was upgraded to a deluxe room which again was very good, I normally stay down the road in the metropole or the Hyde Park Hilton,.In both other hotels the staff welcome you as a Gold Member etc. I just thought there was something lacking. I gather many people who stay here don't pay for the room themselves as they are on business so there are good deals at the weekend. I enquired about booking another room for later on this year and I was not assisted at the front desk at all. I was thinking of 2 days in march and 5 in August at exec level or above. I know other hotels would have bought you a gin and tonic even on a vague promise,. However it is very well located and handy for the hexpress

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton London Paddington with TripAdvisor. I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
We are pleased you liked the hotel. Your review is invaluable to us and your honest feedback appreciated.
However I am sorry if you were not assisted by our front office team in your enquiry, I have passed this feedback to the department head and thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to the Big City and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel

Kind Regards

Hereford
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Journey made by train ( Great Western). Best thing about this hotel is on- the- doorstep travel. Off the train, through the ticket barrier. up the escalator and your in the hotel. Arrived well before check in time but formalities completed and overnight luggage taken care of and the weekend begins.
3rd floor room nice and quiet and breakfast as refreshing as ever. Theatreland all within Zone 1 & 2 together with Oxford Street waiting to be shopped. If Sunday shopping is required, it is worth noting that the major stores do not open till 11.30 am or 12 noon so no point in going earlier.
You can apply for a day travel ticket in advance and save the queue at the tube station. If you are making more than one journey this will save you money.
Hotel has plenty of facilities but eating out in the west end is much more vibrant and exciting and can be less expensive.
You can get cheaper hotels but personally not turned on by carrying travel cases etc on the tube and then wheeling them to the hotel.. A treat is went to be a treat and why spoil it for a few quid.
Surprised so few hotels have not a sky TV selection..

Room Tip: Requested a quiet room and wasn't disappointed. I always try to keep away from the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and especially found our great location and transport links an advantage when travelling around the city.
Indeed the hotel is just 15 minutes from Heathrow Airport and connected by footbridge to Paddington Station, the four London Underground lines—Circle, Hammersmith & City, District, and Bakerloo—linked to the station will bring whenever you wish.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you have enjoyed the theatre.

Kind regards,

Wales, UK
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a trip to the boat show, Having stayed at quality hotels all over the world I can honestly say that in comparison my stay at The Hilton Paddington was average at best, the room was ok, the staff were ok, breakfast ok, and thats what it was, just ok! but the worst thing was the cost of drinks and wifi, where I come from a large glass of red wine costs about 4.95, I know I can to expect to pay more in London but £11.90, and wifi at 14.99 for 24hrs? it all smacks as being a big rip off, dont think I'll be saying at this hotel anytime soon, there is another hotel around the corner I've stayed before for a lot less, not been stitched up and give the feeling they are actually pleased to see you

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am very grateful for you taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are sorry you considered us to be overpriced. Please be assured that we always check our prices against the local competition and are considered reasonable when compared to similar establishments across central London. Regarding Internet we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in our public areas including the lobby, bars and restaurants. However as a Hilton Brand we do charge for this service in guest rooms.
I hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future and once again, thank you for your feedback.

Manhattan Beach, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great to be right over Paddington with access to trains and tube. Hotel is nicely renovated, you can get a King bed, lobby is attractive, staff is fantastic. Downstairs in the station is a variety of food options including an M&S and Sainsbury Local. So not only can you choose from a wine bar, Yo! Sushi, a pub, or coffee, you can get market items and take them back to your room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Joe H
Dear Guest,

Having read your review it was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the quality of service you experienced met with your expectations.
I have shared your comments with the team who are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and equally proud to have been of service to you.
We trust you had a great time in London and we will be able to welcome you back.

Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is perfect place to visit London and see the sights. Breakfast was perfect with the staff ever so pleaseant. Rooms were nice. No problems with the 'elevator'. Lots to eat out and about the hotel if you didnt want hotel food and all quite reasonabley priced. Well worth a stay

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stutours
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased to learn that you had a good stay with us and that the team treat you so well.

Kind regards,