“The right place to stay!”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #395 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Clare, South Australia
“The right place to stay!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Thank you Paddington Hilton for a great venue and facility. After flying in from Australia, catching the train into Paddington, walking through to the welcoming Hilton was excellent.
Great room, plenty of space, helpful staff, free wifi, just what was needed,

1 Thank Trenny13
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Trenny13,

Thank you for leaving your review of Hilton London Paddington following your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear about your stay and that you have had a good time. I am happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations and that our team were helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Kind regards
Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent our last night here of an eleven night journey in the UK. I used a combination of British Airways Avios points (the last of them) and $125.00 to book a room. We arrived at 10:30 AM and were greeted by a friendly face in Hazel. I asked for a queen or king bed room instead of our assigned two twins, and she found a queen that was ready right then. Sweet! She also mentioned breakfast was included in the rate. I also asked for a quiet room, and Hazel delivered on that account as well. Thank you, Hazel!

I loved the art deco theme of the hotel with warm amber wood colors in the room and decorative touches. The room was compact but not claustrophobic. Large marble sinked bathroom with plenty of space for toiletries. There was drawer space and closet space in the room so if we had been here for a few days we could have unpacked and placed your luggage in the closet to create more room. Provided toiletries were good (peterthomasroth) and towels were large.

Our room looked out on the roof of the station where I could faintly see a set of escalators. No noise or bright lights hampered our sleep. The convenience of the Heathrow Express is a major asset to this hotel as well as access to the Paddington train/tube station. You just exit the hotel at the rear and you are on the second floor of the station with a handy escalator or elevator to take you down to station level without having to "leave" the building. Sure the Heathrow Express was $36.00 per person but it was worth every pound of it for a 15 minute journey from station to airport. As a side note, our flight departed from Terminal 2 which required a bit of a walk from the Express and then a further 20 minute walk (after security) to Terminal 2B.

Our flight left too early to enjoy time for breakfast but it was a typical hotel breakfast buffet spread. I nipped out for coffee and there were plenty of employees around for the 6:30AM opening. I used the Business Center to download boarding passes. There were several computer on the first floor (American second floor) and the gal just logged me on and then left me alone. Ice machines were on all floors which was a treat with a diet coke after a long, warm day of sightseeing.

Hilton London Paddington provided a great last night for us. Our interactions with the staff were positive, esp. with Hazel and the young man who brought up our luggage . Plenty of eateries around Paddington. We stumbled on a Indian restaurant enroute to a concierge recommend Italian restaurant. NoorJahan 2 was excellent with outdoor seating available on a lovely London evening. If you just wanted a sandwich, you could go down to the M&S (Marks and Spencers) food store at the station.

Hope to stay again one day!

2 Thank Loves2TravelandRead
Dear Loves2travelandread,

Thank you for your review left on trip Advisor following your stay at the Hilton London Paddington. i am delighted that you have had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for leaving your five star rating.

Thank you for your comments about Hazel, I can assure you that they have been passed along to her. I am very pleased that you liked the location of the hotel; it is very convenient for the Heathrow express. I am also pleased that you found the hotel decor appealing and that your room was spacious and comfortable.

We would love to be able to welcome you back to visit the Hotel the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great location, great hotel. Good breakfast in the executive lounge and always a snack or soda available during the day. Couldn't be more convenient for the Underground or Railway. Friendly staff and nice room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear matthewra2014,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Paddington for your stay in London. I am pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you found the location of the hotel so convenient.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again to the hotel very soon.

Canton, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wonderful place to stay!! I was able to walk from the hotel to the Heathrow Express to catch my flight. I recommend this for anyone needing to fly out the next day from Heathrow!! It is a bit pricey but you don't need to catch a cab to the airport. The breakfast buffet is also a plus!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Michael R,

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington. Thank you for the great review.

The hotel is in an excellent location for the Heathrow express as well as the London Underground for connections into the Centre of London.

We do hope to welcome you back to us the next time you are in London.

Guest relations
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a wonderful visit to London and this hotel was a gem. Everything was perfect with the hotel, the room, the facilities and the atmosphere. I would be glad to return here again. Well worth the money.

Stayed several nights and every day the room was cleaned spotlessly and the sleep was uninterrupted in the silent room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric U
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Aknur E,

Thank you for leaving your five star review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington.

I am delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and the room was nice and quiet. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the very near future.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay to the fullest. Upon my arrival Rakesh was extremely helpful and accomdating and the rest of the staff as well. The location is convenient to Paddington station, Little Venice, the Big Bus Tour, bus and tubes. The breakfast at the restaurant was delicious and the beds were very comfortable as well. I look forward to visiting again with my family this time.

Rakesh, thank you for everything!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LIG C
Dear Lig C,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review of Hilton London Paddington following your stay with us. Thank you for your five star review.

Thank you for your comments about Rakesh, I have ensured that they are passed along. I am glad that you found the hotel to your liking. You are correct that the location in great for connections into Central London as well as the Heathrow express.

I do hope to be able to welcome you again the next time you visit London.

Guest relations
Beaudesert, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Was really happy. Great location near train, underground, buses etc. We stayed in a queen suite and it was comfortable for what we required. Breakfast was nice. Staff were happy and helpful. It was expensive, but I only say that because of the poor conversion rate between the English Pound and our Australian Dollar. Also, as a suite guest you get access to a private lounge that was pretty good. I agree that yes the décor is a bit dated, and yes there is no real view to be had, but to be honest, that's not the reason we stayed there. Overall I would certainly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Chris S,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your comments about your stay at the Hilton London Paddington. Thank you for leaving four stars.

I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you felt the decor was a bit dated Thank you for your comments about the team and the breakfast, we are pleased that you have enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to hotel again in the future.