“Convenient location”

Ranked #406 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Perth, Australia
“Convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Hilton Paddington is one of my favourite places to stay in London. Although it is not right in the centre of action, it has excellent transport links; to the airport via Heathrow Express or the much cheaper Heathrow Connect and it sits virtually above the Bakerloo and District/Circle Underground lines. The rooms are tastefully furnished and well maintained. The air conditioning also copes well with the hottest London days. Prices though can be expensive although it is possible to get a reasonable rate occasionally. Conveniently within Paddington Station there is a Sainsburys and M&S for groceries.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear JonTravelator,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington.

I am delighted to hear that the hotel is convenient in location. We do indeed have excellent connections for travel in and around London as well as Mainline connections to the West Country.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Clarendon Hills, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Exceptional staff and quality. The location offers the convenience of being able to get anywhere in the city within 30 minutes or less as well as the Heathrow connect train service to the outlying areas. I have stayed here on business and family holiday.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael C,

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington. Thank you for your five star rating.

Thank you for your comments about the hotel. The hotel is suited both to families and business use. The location of Hilton London Paddington is excellent and you can indeed get anywhere in Central London is a very short time.

There are also several parks within the local area such as Hyde Park and Kensington gardens and well as plentiful tourist attractions in the nearby area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Cairo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The best part of this one night stay was checking-in, perfect, then checking-out, easy. The room was very dated, the only bar was even more dated, and the breakfast in the 'executive lounge' was probably the worst breakfast I have had anywhere in the world. All this for PSTG 380.00!! Please note the 'terrible' service below does not relate to check-in, which was very pleasant and efficient.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Gillipig,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay.

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am sorry that you felt the room was dated and the breakfast in the executive lounge.

I am glad that the reception check-in and check-out were very friendly and efficient.

We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future to restore your faith in our excellent services and facilities.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Connected to heathrow express last stop or by a few stops to paddington subway station across street. this hotel is a welcome sanctuary for a weary traveler or someone with an early connection...
No faults on the room, well worn and older but fairly clean and modern.... Dont get me wrong this is not where i would want to spend a week but a recovery day and 2 more sleeps was about as much as i wanted. The hotel is easy to connect to most other places in london by subway or cab and there is lots of food and bars in the area... THE INTERNET is a ripoff at 14 Pounds a day. Shame on you Hilton and you can go across the street and buy a data sim card or even a internet link for much less... Hotel is more biz then anything.
We had the terrace suite which had an awesomely large deck and was just great, but pricey as is everything in london.

Room Tip: go across street and get internet machine
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear johannes K,

Thank you for leaving your review on trip Advisor following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear about your stay with us and that you have liked your hotel room.

The connections from the Hilton London Paddington are excellent for travel to Heathrow Airport, central London via London Underground and also the West Country via mainline train.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the cost of the internet and that we do not offer free WIFI in the room; however we do offer free WIFI in our public areas that can be accessed through a code given by Reception.

I do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel as I needed to be close to Paddington station. As you can access the hotel directly from the station, I felt it was ideal. Its very much a business centric hotel - I've had meetings myself here in the past. The rooms are normal Hilton standard - a bit dated, those annoying UHT milks to go with pretty dire instant coffee etc. But two things really let the hotel down. Firstly £15 for 24 hours of internet access. I pay less than that for a months broadband at home! If I was in a £70 a night Premier Inn - fair enough. But a £200 a night business hotel??? Secondly - the shower. I knew I was in for a bad time when I saw that it had been left on max temp = and the shower head had been set to the minimum number of holes. The reason soon became clear - the pressure was barely enough to actually touch your body, and it was cold. Well it was cold for 2 mins - then lukewarm. I braved the water - halfway though it turned scorchingly hot! I though UK hotels had got over poor shower issues- I was wrong. Poor value for money, impersonal and not very good

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Dear peterandjaneciren,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced during your stay. I have ensured that your comments have been passed along to the relevant Manager.

I am sorry that we do not offer free WIFI in our rooms; however we do have free WIFI in our public areas, which can be accessed through a code from Reception.

We do hope that we have another opportunity to be able to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Given the cost of the room, I would have expected hot water. Problem reported, but not resolved. Had to have cold shower as had run out of time before heading to airport. No acknowledgement of problem or offer to reduce charges at check in. Oh dear….

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Adrian F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay.

I am very sorry to hear that you had an issue with the hot water during your stay. I would like to assure you that this maintenance issue has been dealt with. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel so that we can restore your faith in the hotel and its services.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We only regret that our plans did not include a longer stay - if we had only known how clean,
convenient and hospitable the whole experience would be, we would have booked longer, and certainly will the next time our plans take us to London. At the reception desk we met Neil Peters who especially made our stay memorable.
We found the location very convenient, at Paddington station, after a brief rail ride from Heathrow.

We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Audrey G
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Audrey G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at the Hotel. Thank you for your five star rating.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt Hilton London Paddington is hospitable and convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the very near future.