“25 min wait to check in”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #404 of 1,063 Hotels in London
foodappreciator
“25 min wait to check in”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I feel for the staff at this hotel as they are so polite and cannot do enough to help you at check in. Unfortunately the Hilton systems are not so helpful. Systems were down for 30 mins and therefore I was not able to check in despite arriving tired at 9.10pm. Apparently happens nightly although not for quite so long normally. Still unacceptable, despite the nice offers for me to sit in the lounge with free wifi. Hilton Group - sort it out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank foodappreciator
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear foodappreciaotr,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments of Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am so sorry to hear that you had to wait for that length of time to check-in. I would like to assure you that I have passed your comments along to our Management Team. I am glad to hear that you were able to wait in our lobby with free internet access. I trust you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

We do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Everything was great at this hotel -- surprising since it is essentially a hotel at a train station. This was a business trip and it was so convenient using the Heathrow Express train from the airport. The regular rooms are nice but a little small for US standards. I upgraded to an Executive room. It was very nice and access to the Executive Lounge is a definite plus. We had a business dinner at the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent. The conference room was more than adequate and I also liked the bar. When I return to London, even for a leisure trip, I will look to stay at this hotel. In fact, I just recommended it to a friend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Jill M
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Jill M,

Thank you for choosing Hilton London Paddington and thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review following your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you have liked the hotel and you have enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments about the dinner you had and also the conference facilities. I will ensure that they are passed along to our hotel management team.

I am glad that you found our location so convenient, we are indeed connected to the Paddington Station and you can arrive at the hotel without leaving the station.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future and we also look forward to welcoming your friend.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Heathrow Express brings one in 15 mins to the Centre of London- into Paddington Station. Barely 200 yards on arrival you are at the Hotel Lobby. Greeted by courteous staff at the reception,
Check-in is quick and one is all set with Internet connection & to the room in 5 minutes (if there is no rush at the counter).
Rooms are spacious compared to other London hotels. The air conditioning was good. Toilet well appointed. As soon as one gets in to the room a staff calls to inquire if all is fine with the room & if anything is required.
the Hotel is well connected by bus, underground & Taxi to the rest of London. The Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus also leaves from close by.
The Breakfast is awesome. It's "eat all you can". Wide choice of food.
Highly recommended for stay. A bit pricey though

Room Tip: Had a room at the back. It was quiet. Drab to look out to. A comfortable stay
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shyamus
Dear Shyamus,

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hilton London Paddington. I would like to thank you for taking a few moments out to leave your review of the hotel.

We are indeed excellently located from Paddington Station, with great access to Heathrow Express as well as to Central London via the Underground. If you are in the mood to relax, we also are within a ten to fifteen minute walk from the Grand Union Canal for a leisurely walk along the canal. We are also within walking distance from Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.

Thank you for your comments about our team members and the hotel and we look forward to being able to welcome you again the next time you are in London.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for eight nights, so I feel like I really get what it's like to stay here. Like other folks mentioned, staying here is so convenient. There's a train that is non-stop from Heathrow to the train station steps from the hotel. And if you're taking the tube during your stay, the entrance is right downstairs where the train is.

Small things made this a great place to stay. They put free bottled water in your room every day. There's a cute, useful grocery store and drugstore right downstairs.

However, it was very hot the whole time I was there, and the air conditioning is just not as good as places in the U.S. Tip: The room I stayed in (409) has the air conditioner near the desk, around the corner from the bed, making it impossible to get good air flow while sleeping. My colleague was across the hall in 408. His room was set up differently with the air conditioner facing the bed. If that's important, ask for it. Also, the first day I asked if it could be any cooler. They were able to make it cooler from downstairs, which really helped.

The breakfast was free with my room rate. It was an absolutely perfect, delicious buffet. But the price if you were paying for it every morning seemed outrageous.

They definitely need to work on their Wifi network. I was logging in at least every hour. If you go to the lobby, it kicks you off. If you go back upstairs, it kicks you off.

I think this is a great place if your company will pay for it. But it's very expensive otherwise.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Olivia99
Dear Olivia99,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor follow g your recent stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington.

I am delighted to hear that you liked the hotel and have enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioning was not working as well as expected. I will ensure to inform our maintenance team of this to avoid future occurrences.

The hotel is indeed connected to Paddington Rail Station for ease of travel to Heathrow Airport as well as travel via the London Underground.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton London Paddington again in the very near future.

Madeira
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel deserves mention and especially credit to the concierge gentlemen were by far the best service I have had in any Hilton in the UK. They go above the call of duty to be helpful .
It was a perfect location for sightseeing and so easy to get to our outbound flight from Heathrow airport.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Deirdremenez
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Deirdremenez,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington. Thank you also for your great review.

I am delighted to hear that our concierge team were helpful and accommodating. They have a vast knowledge about London and the local area. I can assure you I have passed them along to the team.

Thank you also for your comments about the location of the hotel, we are indeed in an excellent location with access by train to Heathrow Airport as well as the West Coast and the London Underground will connect you to Central London with ease.

We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon,.

Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The only reason the hotel doesn't get 5/5 is that they cannot cater for 2 adults and 3 children in one room meaning we had to book 2 rooms which significantly push the cost up.

Besides that though, if you are looking for a well appointed, professionally run, very clean and conveniently located base from which to explore London then stay here. You walk out the front and you have restaurants, bars and pubs and are by a road frequented by taxis. You walk out the back direct into Paddington station with Underground, mainline and local trains. There are some great places to eat along the canal at the side of the hotel.

Stayed July 2014
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear AndrewS1969,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington.

I am delighted that you liked the hotel and that you have enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that you thought the hotel was professional and well appointed. I am sorry that we were unable to offer you a room for three children and two adults; this is due to our Health and Safety policy and fire regulations.

Thank you for your comments about our excellent location, you are indeed correct that we have great links to London Heathrow Airport as well as links to the Centre of London via London Underground and plentiful bus routes also. I am glad to hear that you also managed to go to some of the local area, such as the Grand Union Canal, where you can take a leisurely walk and relax.

We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Oslo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here one night for an early train to LHR. Room small and very far from lifts, bed ok. They charge ≈£15/day for internet, which I find shocking in 2014 when the smallest mud huts in Thailand offer this for free. Safety box placed on the floor of the closet, of course completely useless, sending a strong signal from designers and management that they just don’t care. The area has nothing to offer but the LHR express. Not value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear espen I,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am very sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations during your stay and that you received a smaller room. If you had of mentioned this to our reception team they may have been able to change your room (depending on availability of the hotel on the night). I am also sorry that we do charge for wifi in our rooms, however we do offer free wifi in our lobby and public areas for our guests, which can be accessed from a code given by reception.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back t the hotel again in order to restore your faith in our facilities.

kind Regards