“Wonderful Attentive service”

Ranked #397 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Paddington, london
“Wonderful Attentive service”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

After travelling for 5 weeks around the UK we spent our last 4 nights at the Hilton Paddington. A beautiful hotel with spacious rooms that are tastefully decorated!
Thank you to the staff who made our last 4 days in London so memorable. Namely George, Denicia, Grazia, Sumith and Elena in the executive lounge and Charles in the lobby, and of course Mark. We will have fond memories of our stay because of your care and attention! Kylie and Don, from Australia

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Kylie14
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Kylie14,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our team in the Hilton London Paddington. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel for your last four days after your travelling. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we helped make your stay memorable.

We look forward to being able to welcome you again very soon.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed for 2 night location perfect close to train station to airport close to city center
Staff very helpful especially Mr Rakesh was very helpful and accomidate us in busy session and upgrade our room,also concierge Shankar very knowledgable with correct perfect advice where to go and spend night have pleasant personality

Room Tip: Close to elevator
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Abdullah12014
Dear Abdullah12014,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay. I am very glad you liked the location of the hotel, we are indeed in a perfect location for the Heathrow Express and you can access the hotel without leaving the station.

Thank you for your comments about Rakesh and Shankar, I have ensured that your comments have been passed along to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was the worst service at any hotel I've ever experienced. The all male staff seemed to be mistaken that they were actually there to support the guests. If you actually managed to push your way past the staff at the entrance then prepare yourself to be begrudgingly checked in. This team have obviously gone to the Basil Fawlty School of Hospitality! I'll be trying the Mecure across the road next time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Jillian R
Dear Fosseboy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear about the poor service that you have received at the hotel, I must reassure you that this is not usual of the high level of service that we offer here and I can only apologise that we did not live up to our promise on this occasion.

We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back again so that we may restore your faith in our services.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had stayed here a few years back so knew its location and it suited me on my last night in the UK with a 0900 check in next day at Terminal 3. Receptionist was friendly and very helpful and even though I was on a BA booking, took my HH number and explained it would give a night's credit on the HH account. The room was very comfortable and quiet and well appointed. Next morning I was able to leave the hotel easily to be on the train within a few minutes and then it was an easy suitcase push to Terminal 3.
The only thing that marred the stay was that the lift from the station concourse(which is a Network Rail one) was out of order. I arrived off a train from Cardiff with 2 small cases and a large case on the trolley which of course I could not take on the lift. A passer by helped me take one case up the short escalator and I got into the hotel. I struggled through the crowds - it is a busy lobby area but there was nobody available to help take the cases to the room. Next day having checked the night before that the lift was still not working, I asked the Head Concierge if one of the porters could take a suitcase to the bottom of the escalator. He said "no". I was so taken aback. I showed him the cases explained about the lift and he said the station was just outside and he couldn't go into the station. Its funny how a little thing like this can spoil a stay but it did. I asked a passer by at the escalator and he carried one case down and I got to the train - a Heathrow Express Member rushed to my cases and loaded them on the train whilst I replaced the trolley. What a contrast in one day!
Because I sent an e mail comment to the hotel, the General Manager did write and apologize. So full marks to him.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Fosseboy
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Fosseboy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at Hilton London Paddington.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the location of the hotel. We are in an excellent location for travel around Central London as well as being connected to Paddington Station via a footbridge, this makes travelling to Heathrow Airport very easy.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our Concierge, although as i understand our General Manager has personally been in touch about this.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had a problem with our reservation and instead of the hotel contacting us they cancelled our reservation. When we got there, they admitted they could "reinstate" our booking, but wouldn't. They decided to give us a "new" registration at rack rate. The check in staff was RUDE and CONDESCENDING. After intially accepting their offer, I finally decided to walk away and found a much nicer hotel in London where the staff was SO welcoming at a decent rate. I have been a Hilton Honors members for years and usually stay in Hilton hotels 15-20 times per year on business.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelerP123
Dear TravelerP123,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the hotel during your check-in process. I would like to assure you that this is not usual of the high level of service that we usually offer here.

We do hope that we have another chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I recommend the Hilton at Padding-ton, it is 30 minutes from Heathrow airport and a an independent traveler's delight. The location of the hotel avails one of the underground, surface rails and groceries, assortment of meals and shopping from personal things to business needs.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Eugene A
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Eugene A,

Thank you for leaving your review of Hilton London Paddington following your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you have liked the hotel and would recommend us to other visitors. The hotel is in a great location for all the things in your review, The Heathrow Express and the London Underground as well as only a short distance from the Centre of London and shopping areas. We are also very close to many of London's tourist destinations.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Waimanalo, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Superb location directly across the exit from Paddington Underground. From this location, you are just minutes away from the major tourist attractions on the Tube. If you exit the hotel from the back of the lobby passing Starbucks, you will walk right into Paddington Station where you can take the Heathrow Express to the Airport. The train runs every 10 minutes and takes only 15 minutes to the airport. Paddington Station also has lots of great places to eat. The hotel room was spacious as was the bathroom. The staff at the Concierge and Reception were very helpful. My only complaint is that the hotel does not offer free Wi-Fi. Guests have to go down to the lobby in a specific area to access Wi-Fi. The hotel is minutes away from the Apollo theater where we enjoyed seeing "Wicked." If we every come back to London, we will definitely stay at the Hilton London Paddington.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamatea125
Dear Tamatea125,

Thank you for leaving a review of the Hilton London Paddington following your recent stay with us. Thank you for leaving a five star rating.

I am delighted to hear that you have liked the hotel and it surrounding location. The location of the hotel is indeed an excellent one for access to the Heathrow Express and the London Underground. I am very happy to hear that you managed to see a show whilst in London

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.