“Surprisingly Good”

Ranked #397 of 1,067 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Well, I expected little but was pleasantly surprised. A good few years since I was here & the rooms were better (renovated?) than I remembered. Classic but new. Front desk very accommodating & the bellman/luggage guys great - thanks chaps! Breakfast was very nice & calm (for a London Hilton!) - good sausages - a pleasant surprise, all-in-all. The location at Paddington was the decider for me & it proved invaluable in this regard. A solid choice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear thebigseats,

Thank you very much for your great review of the Hilton London Paddington. I am delighted to hear that you have had a great stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you did like the decor of the hotel and also the breakfast. Thank you for your comments about our Front Desk Team, I will be sure to pass them along to the team.

The location of the hotel is indeed an excellent one as we have great access to all of London via London Underground or London Bus routes as well as the Trains to the West Coast and direct trains to Heathrow Airport.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton London Paddington the next time you are in London.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Arriving from USA to London Heathrow airport, took the Heathrow Connect, NOT Heathrow Express (1/2 the price and only 15 extra minutes), to London Paddington Rail station where Hilton is located inside the station. Don't worry no train noise, excellent staff at front desk, helpful concierge and doormen. Lovely quiet room as requested on high floor. Breakfast, and snacks offered in Executive Lounge were delicious. Lots of food options in station, from pubs to Main Chain grocery stores (M&S), and food stands.This is the perfect Hotel, book early for best prices,wouldn't stay anywhere else. London Bus Tour stop just around corner too!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank notnel
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear notnel,

Thank you for your great review of the Hilton London Paddington and for leaving five star rating. i am pleased to hear that you have liked the hotel and have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to welcome guests into the hotel.

The hotel is in a great location for trains to Heathrow, via the Heathrow Express or the Heathrow Connect. The hotel is also great for travel in and around Central London.

Thank you for your comments about our team, such comments are a great source of motivation and will be passed along to the team.

We do look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

- It is right above the Heathrow Express train station, Paddington and next to tube station.
- the breakfast is excellent, and it is free for kids below 11.
- the only problem is : there is no free wifi provided

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jojo C
JaneThangamani, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Jojo C,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton London Paddington. I am glad you liked the location of the hotel; we are indeed excellent for travel around London as well as connection to Heathrow Airport.

Thank you for your comments about the breakfast, I will be sure to pass your comments along to the Hotel Management.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is one of those hotels that flex their prices outrageously dependent on supply and demand, they all do it but £155 to £350 in the space of a week for standard room!!
Not really a lot to say, it's a hilton and when you wake up you could be in any Hilton they're all the same, Steam bar off the lobby is very quiet and food is average. The main lobby area is used for meetings by people passing through from the station, always busy and noisy. Breakfast is poor, with cheap proteins, sausages especially bad. and they charge for wi-fi!?!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear mike h,

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the hotel during your stay with us. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the price of the stay. I have ensured that you comments have been noted and passed along to the relevant Managers.

We do hope that we have another chance to be able to welcome you so that we may restore your faith in our facilities and services.

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was expecting luxury for our anniversary, instead we had a suite with hardly anything working properly, a constant banging noise from the heating system above us all night, and unfriendly/unhelpful staff who were rather rude in their manner.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JaneThangamani, Public Relations Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Laura H,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your review of Trip Advisor.

I am very sorry to hear that we have disappointed you during your stay with us. This is not usual of the high level of service that we do usually deliver at the hotel.

We do hope to have another chance to restore your faith in the hotel and our services and we hope to be able to welcome you back again.

Melbourne
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel many times over past 5 years or more but more recently noticed hotel
us feeling old & tired needs a makeover. Stayed in liecester square at Radisson Blu Edwardian and found rooms and bathrooms to be nicer, better location and they don't charge for internet. Hilton charged me £56 for internet for 5 days outrageous given I was already staying in a larger sized room at cost much greater than Radisson.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear greece2Melbourne,

Thank you for taking a few moments to leave your comments following your stay with us the hotel.

I am glad to hear that you have liked the hotel's location; we are indeed in an excellent location for access to London and very easy access to the Heathrow Express.

I am sorry that you found the hotel to be tired; I have ensured that your comments are passed along to the Management.

We do hope to have another chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Grand Cayman
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been to London several times often staying near the airport. this time I stayed at this Hotel and it was good for me, I was near the ground transport for meetings, lots of places to get something to eat, the Room was good (no view, but I did not go for the view from the room) Front desk staff (actually all staff) was very friendly and helpful (they held my luggage while I interrupted my stay by two nights away) the Hotel has a Lobby Bar/Cafe where it is easy to meet or receive people.
Overall, a pleasant stay and one of the most hassle free short visits I have had to London. mostly thanks to the front end staff!

Room Tip: Don't know (did not have much time in the room)