“Oh So Easy!”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #402 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I am a Hilton Gold HHonors member and stay in Hiltons worldwide. After arriving into Heatrhrow on a transatlantic flight all I wanted was a little shut eye. I jumped on the Heathrow Express, walked directly into the hotel, was checked in by a brilliant Natalia and all this done in less than a hour. I was slightly suprised that I didn't have Executive Lounge access as there were no executive rooms available to be upgraded to but I was assured ny Natalie that I would like my assigned room. Boy was she right. I was on the 6th floor in a huge room with beautiful fixtures and fittings. I have a disability and always request a seperate shower from bath but this was THE best accessable friendly room I have ever stayed in.
Will I return, definitely.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Naillic
Write a ReviewReviews (4,140)

Reviewed 14 June 2010

From the warm welcome when you arrive, the clean and comfortable room,the excellent restaurant and bar and the easy check out combined with the convenient location this hotel is number one for us yet again. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel2151
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Just returned from the Hilton London Paddington after a weekend stay.
It couldn't be more conveniently located, adjacent to the station which is very handy for getting around.
We arrived at 1pm and were allowed to check in straight away. We had booked a King Junior Suite - room 545. It was in a great location, very quiet - no disruption from either the trains or the disco!!! Beside the bedroom, it comprised a hallway, separate lounge and spare toilet off. It was like our own apartment!!! Well worth the extra money.
We also had access to the Executive Lounge. Between the hours of 6pm and 8.30pm they provided canapés and alcoholic drinks, which was very much a surprise. All help yourself, as much as you like.
The only criticism I have is that on the first morning, eating at 9.30, the cooked breakfast was very cold. However, the second morning when eating at 7.30, it was different all together. They really need to think about how they keep it warm.
Otherwise, a thoroughly enjoyable stay and 'yes' I would go back again when visiting London.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JadyLincolnshire
Reviewed 13 June 2010

If you are coming or going from Heathrow, this is is a wonderful place to stay. It made our overnight in London easy and enjoyable. We stayed twice in two different rooms. The carpets are starting to feel a bit tired and could use replacing and perhaps more vigorous vacuum cleaning--and the second room had stairs inside of it so that the bedroom and bathroom were on a different level. For some people, this could be a problem.
Both times we had asked to be away from the elevator and they took this request seriously--we were tucked away very far and had to go up and down several stairs to get to our room. We had not realized that staying away from the elevator meant we would encounter stairs!
If you book a rate with breakfast, make sure you bring your paperwork. The first time we had a rate with dinner (which is ok especially if it's your first night from overseas travel) and breakfast, but when we showed up at the restaurant our name was not on the list for breakfast. Not a huge problem since there was a fine buffet breakfast offered in the lounge for Hilton Honors members.
The hotel is within walking distance of Hyde Park and you would never guess that you are sitting on top of a train station. The Tube stop was incredibly convenient and we could get easily anywhere. Lots of little touristy restaurants in the neighborhood within walking distance. Very convenient overall though if I were staying in London for a week I am not sure I would pick this as my spot. Also, the Heathrow Express is very convenient and avoids a lot of traffic. Not exactly inexpensive and don't bother upgrading to first class for the 15 minute journey.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I had to change room because my King bed was acutally 2 twin beds combined! WTH! I was so uncomfortable I had to change rooms in middle of the nite! They also charged me for bar items that was not used so I needed to get refunded! Location is a huge upside here as you are literally walking distance to the train station in London.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Stayed 2 nights early May (election time). Check in easy. Rooms as asked for with only 1 not ready ( checked in midday, early). Spacious rooms, 2 on same floor. Easy transport from Heathrow. We used Connect. Great transport into central London & even with line closures on that weekend, still found it easy. Trendy bar on site not used by 'old fogies'. Bar expensive, expected in this location. Breakfast as usual more than adequate. Staff all very friendly & helpful. The ash cloud gave us initial problems on leaving, but staff contacted airline direct for us. Minor mini bar problems at check out resolved immediately with no fuss & check out a breeze. Overall, great stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Just completed a 7-night stay ( Hilton Diamond, and 150,000 points for a complete week ) and couldn't have been happier.
Very easy to get to from Heathrow, via the Heathrow Express---a little pricey, but well worth it!
. Upon check-in was upgraded to an executive room with executive lounge privileges. Room was not as big as in the states, but not near as small as people make them out to be on the review sites such as this.
There are about six people that man the concierge desk, but only two that are knowledgeable---look FOR MARIO--he's GREAT!!!!
I am an avid Hard Rock Cafe follower, and was extremely disappointed in the "mothership" !!

CHEERS---have a good time...I DID :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple