“Worst restaurant I've ever been to”
Review of Cucarachas - CLOSED

Cucarachas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant I've ever been to”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I booked this restaurant for My daughters 28th birthday, a party if 12, we ordered drinks which took 35 mins, we then ordered starters and the main meal together, the starter came but not with the mains, when we asked about the mains we were told it would be 15 mins. After half an hour we asked again an was told 5mins. In the end we waited an hour and forty five mins for our meals to be served, I spoke to the manager about this and she blamed it on us ordering double burgers, I explained that that was not a good reason and she became vereally aggressive told us to pay and to leave her restaurant. I asked her if she will be willing to take a percentage off the bill but she refused called us names threatened to slap my daughter and call the police. I told her I will not be paying the full bill and that she should call the police. I was aware of other customers so we paid £190 of a £264 Bill and left. It was the worst service my family and i had ever experienced. The manager was rude, aggressive, offensive and abusive and we will never go back there again

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Cammybobo

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great prices”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Cucarachas is a great place to have good value, good quality authentic Mexican food. Brilliant portion sizes and great taste. One of the best Mexican restaurants in London.

Visited November 2013
“They got everything wrong”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I don't usually write these reviews because I generally get over bad service, but i'm writing this now before I forget. We booked a table of 9 for my boyfriend's birthday. First of all they forgot his meal, a burger, so we all finished our meals before his arrived. They plonked a jug of cocktail on our table wh no explanation or apology so we assumed it was a compensation cocktail. No. They then took it away and laughed when we said we thought we'd been given it as compensation. My boyfriend's meal still hadn't arrived. The food was generally ok apart from the chicken skewers which a had a hair in them. We also asked repeatedly for water with no response, the waitresses just seemed to laugh and walk off. The bill came and it was completely made up and we'd been charged for meals that no one had ordered. It was a completely different bill. Again, no apology. Generally a terrible and stressful experience. Never again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mellydarby1989
Oxted, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service and Fantastic Cocktails”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have now eaten here twice and on both visits been impressed which I must stress is very rare.

My last visit was with my wife and we decided to escape out village for a nice night out.

On Arrival the service was very friendly, not pushy and very patient. The menu's (one for drinks and one for food) were very full giving a huge range of choice.

We ordered drink to start which were brought to us quickly and the starter followed very shortly after. The Starters were both hot and clearly good quality.

The mains came out a good time after the starter and were amazing - I had Rib's & Steak which was very nice. The chips were probably the best I have ever had.

We had a small range of the cocktails which were all colourful and tasted lovely.

The bill was higher than we would normally pay but the food was Fresh, good quality and quantity and service was excellent.

If you want a wide range of food and drink with warm and friendly atmosphere then I would advise a visit here.

• Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food, decent atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stopped in on a Friday night here, and I was pleasantly surprised to be able to immediately sit down without a wait. The outside seating wasn't 100% comfortable, but it was fun and festive and a great evening to be out. The rest of the interior looked pretty well done as well, though there wasn't a huge amount of space to get around in.
The drinks menu was extensive, but you're definitely paying London prices - so if you're out to get sloshed, expect to pay for it here. I think there were 10 different Margarita flavors and you could mix them too! This made me super happy that they would be that flexible. The food menu was pretty well varied as well, and had some Mexican favorites and some new twists on them. There were even some choices for the less adventurous. I found that the portions of food made the prices really quite reasonable, and everything we had was delicious. The calamari was not really exciting, but the nachos were delicious and came with some of the best guac I've had lately. Our table had enchiladas, a burrito, a quesadilla, the nachos and the calamari - and a couple of fancy margaritas, and I wasn't really disappointed in anything. Our server changed during our meal, which I know they can't always help but I don't really like - the second one wasn't really a great communicator either.
It's not hard to find, right on a the main drag, with a bus stop from the station right in front. Not into buses? You can walk there from Clapham Junction in 15 mins. Unfortunately the toilets and super tiny and downstairs, but very clean!

• Visited August 2013