“Crystal Palace - Don't bother!”
Review of Cucarachas - CLOSED

Cucarachas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went to Crystal Palace Cucarachas this evening.

Service was terrible, rice was taken to another table, left, taken back to the kitchen and then served to me.... 'Sizzling' beef came out warm at best.

Partners meal was bland and over powering with cheese and didn't really pin point what meat was encased in the wrap.

We had to ask for the bill 3 times in a poorly filled restaurant.

When it came a 10% service charge had automatically been added.

Stomach now feels like a washing machine and can guarantee I will have diarrhea shortly,

Save your money, give this place a VERY wide birth. Disgusted.

4  Thank Ben S

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Perfectly ok if you want a cheap and cheerful Mexican. Plastic menus and low quality materials. Prices reflected this so no real complaints.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

my second visit, once again proved that this is indeed a place to visit. freindly attentive staff, who will take time to give exactly want you want, even if you don't. yourself.
A real pleasure with lots of choices of finely cooked food, reasonable wine, along with a takeway service if you find yourself overstuffed.
I do highly recommed this for guys taking out their date needing a good venue and enough space for time alone

1  Thank Tony D
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I went to this restaurant with my family. There was a big group of us, but the restaurant was only about a 1/3 full when we arrived. They got our drinks order wrong, and some poeple were left waiting. We waited an extremely long time for food, more than hour and a half, to the point where my little cousin was crying because he was so hungry. The staff made no effort to explain or apologise, we had to seek them out to try and find out what was going on. When we complained to the manager, she gave a flimsy excuse about too many of us having ordered the same thing. When we asked her to consider a discount as compensation, she accused us of being rude, and abusive and even gave the people on the table next to us drinks, because apparently we were disturbing them. I've never been so insulted in my life. If you like horrible service, and being shouted at and threatened when you dare to complain, please visit this restaurant.

2  Thank Charlotte G
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I booked this restaurant for My daughters 28th birthday, a party if 12, we ordered drinks which took 35 mins, we then ordered starters and the main meal together, the starter came but not with the mains, when we asked about the mains we were told it would be 15 mins. After half an hour we asked again an was told 5mins. In the end we waited an hour and forty five mins for our meals to be served, I spoke to the manager about this and she blamed it on us ordering double burgers, I explained that that was not a good reason and she became vereally aggressive told us to pay and to leave her restaurant. I asked her if she will be willing to take a percentage off the bill but she refused called us names threatened to slap my daughter and call the police. I told her I will not be paying the full bill and that she should call the police. I was aware of other customers so we paid £190 of a £264 Bill and left. It was the worst service my family and i had ever experienced. The manager was rude, aggressive, offensive and abusive and we will never go back there again

2  Thank Cammybobo