“quite pricey but very delicious sushi”
Review of Wasabi

Wasabi
Ranked #7,498 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
London, United Kingdom
“quite pricey but very delicious sushi”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This is the right place for sushi lovers but prices almost match restaurat prices even though it is take away.

Visited December 2013

“God awful!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've been to Wasabi before but I must say this has put me off EVER going back! If it's late and you're closing and your food is not good enough to eat PLEASE DONT SERVE IT! I've been to many dodgy restaurants all over the world but I must say the food I tried to eat here was BAD!

Visited December 2013
“Worse asian food ever”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

If you go to the O2 arena don´t bother going to this restaurant, we ordered some hot food to take away and we had to came back two minutes later as my partner was choking with a big piece of bone in his terayaki chicken with noodles. They offered to exchange it for any other hot dishes but not for sushi despite the awful incident and the horrible taste in general. We did not finish our meals. what a waste of money and time.

• Visited November 2013
“Avoid this particular store”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I generally am a lover of this brand, however this store is the worst of visited. I once kicked myself after I got some hot food to take away after looking at the food on display and seeing a thick unappealing crust, still went ahead with it.
I now walk out every time, no matter how much I love the food - I would never use this store willingly again. Too often has the food been sat there under its hot light for far too long, and not only that - it doesn't compare to the standard you see at e.g the new Kings Cross store. No fresh herbs and chilli, nothing is chopped and the servers might as well be at home in bed.

Bedfordshire
“Average sushi”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

As an alternative to the other options at the O2 Wasabi is OK, but not outstanding. The restaurant is cleverly laid out around a 2 tier belt and they squeeze in a surprising number of diners. Unfortunately this means that the belt can sometimes be swamped and choices of plate are then limited until refills arrive. The sushi is priced according to the colour of the plate, there are also items to order from a menu. The sushi lacked flavour and seemed to have rather too much sweet sauce for my liking. The salmon teriyaki was over cooked and dry served on top of a large portion of rice. The green tea I ordered was tepid. The veggie gyoza were the worst I've eaten, greasy and soggy. I would advise sticking to the choices on the belt, these seemed to be much better than the ones we ordered from the menu.
Unfortunately our experience was not improved by the waiter spilling an entire glass of apple juice over the people sat next to us. It was cleared up swiftly, but left an unpleasant sticky pool on the floor.
In their defence the staff were polite and well organised to deal with the large numbers of diners descending on the restaurant between the afternoon and evening events at the O2. Everyone is hungry and in a hurry!!!
If you are eating here before an event make sure to leave enough time to queue for a table, or for the take-away option. 10 to 15 minutes at least.

• Visited November 2013