“Great Afternoon Tea; needs better service”
Review of Wellington Lounge

Wellington Lounge
Ranked #2,227 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$54
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Situated on the site of Queen Elizabeth II former residence (145 Piccadilly) Wellington Lounge presents a truly fitting location to enjoy Afternoon Tea. Honoured with the Award of Excellence from the UK Tea Guild, Wellington Lounge Afternoon Tea is inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks and iconic London landmarks. Executive Chef Paul Bates uses the best seasonal British ingredients and bespoke teas to create Afternoon Tea with a modern twist.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Attended a leisurely afternoon tea at the lounge. Food was marvelous, the champagne cocktail was a great twist on the norm. Service, however, was lacking. We needed to flag down our waitress twice for teapot refills and the bill and did not receive the complimentary tea leaves that usually accompany a visit. For the price, they really need to focus on service.

Helen D, Manager at Wellington Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Tricia L,

I am so sorry to hear that you had to flag down one of my team members. We take pride in our service and it disappoints me to hear that your service was not seamless.

Our afternoon teas are the lowest priced on Park Lane. Our strategy, provide a value experience. I'm happy to see you enjoyed our cocktail starter. Indeed, we do not add in take away loose leaf 'tea pillows/caddies' within the offer. However, our tea partner, Tea Palace provide incredible discounts at their stores located in Covent Garden and Kings Road for our guests. I would be delighted to pass on details to you.

I hope you will give us another chance to make this up to you.

Stefano and the team

There are newer reviews for Wellington Lounge

Reviewed 28 April 2014

i was extremely happy with my experience at the wellington lounge, my server was excellent! attentive and very friendly. the sandwhiches were amazing as well as the scones, we took the very basic menu and were very very surprised at the great quality and value for money. in my opinion it is definetely better then its high end competitors. i would have happily paid 50 pounds for this tea experience! ambiance and decor were impeccable! photos definitely do not do the wellington lounge justice! big well done

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had afternoon tea on Saturday, and it was a brilliant experience. We had the Wellington Tea, and we enjoyed it so much. The Portugese sardine sandwiches were to die for!! The staff were helpful and courteous beyond belief and the made the experience even more pleasant if that was possible. I would recommend anyone to have afternoon tea here.

Dear Pennyblack75,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and that our avant garde sardine sandwiches were a hit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wellington Lounge in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Came here as a birthday treat for mum and it was lovely! Food was excellent and the service was very attentive without being in your face.
Can't wait to go again!:)

Helen D, Manager at Wellington Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

MrsW182,

We are pleased that you had a lovely afternoon tea experience with your Mom in Wellington Lounge. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. They have been shared with the teams.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently visited the Wellington as the Lanesborough, across Hyde Park Corner, was closed for refurbishment. I would rather have taken my friend to Pret a Manger. The quality of the sandwiches and cakes was dismal, nothing better than a selection from a mid-priced supermarket like M&S. The tea we ordered arrived AFTER the scones, which were luke warm at best - we asked for them to be exchanged and the replacements were equally as uninspiring. The quality of the bread for the sandwiches was mediocre, and the toppings, hmmmm, bland, at best.

We had the menu choice at £38.00 with cocktail; for an extra £15.00 the Lanesborough delivers exceptional quality and service - don't come here, either wait or pop to the Pret closer to Green Park underground station. The reason I selected the most expensive option below is because I believe this to be very poor value for money.

Very disappointing.

Dear KabirM,

I hope you received an email from our Lounge Manager a few weeks ago (Christina). We would really like to make up for your bad experience as we pride ourselves on our teas.

If you have not received the email, please contact us at wellingtonlounge@ihg.com with an email addressed to me Helen Douglas.

Many thanks,

Been to Wellington Lounge? Share your experiences!