“Excellent Tour - Do it!”

secretlondonphotowalk.com
Ranked #179 of 670 Tours in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Private, bespoke photography walking tours of secret London. Find, and photograph, the secret city.Do you want to discover the hidden sights and history of London? Would you like the chance to take photos of London tourist spots, away from the hubbub of other visitors? secretlondonphoto walks show you the big sights, but also take you off the beaten track for unusual tales of London's past and unique perspectives on London's major landmarks. Discover secret London, and take home unforgettable images of your experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Tour - Do it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic walk with Simon. We've been living and working in London for a number of years and armed with our new camera we thought we'd get Simon to show us the hidden gems we'd walked by a hundred times in the city. We were not disappointed. From London's first coffee shop to the 6 ft gold grasshopper on top of Royal Exchange Simon had the perfect mix of history and quirky facts. We got some great photos thanks to some quick lessons on how to actually use our camera! I would certainly recommend this tour and we'll very likely be back to explore another part of lovely London with Simon.

Visited March 2014
hertslad04, Owner at secretlondonphotowalk.com, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thanks so much for the review, and delighted you enjoyed the walk! I am really pleased that I was able to show you some bits of London you had not seen before, and that you got some great pictures along the way! Hope to see you again soon. Simon

Helsinki, Finland
“Great photowalk!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Last November I wanted to capture some London architecture, and I stumbled on Simon's contact information on the internet. I booked a two hour walking tour of London and we narrowed down what type of pictures I was looking for. During the tour I was able to shoot everything from graveyards to modern architecture. Simon knew the history behind the places we were visiting, and we talked more about history and architecture, less about camera settings. But this is how I preferred it. Simon had good pointers and suggestions on the shooting settings/angles, but the information on what we were seeing was what made this photowalk so special for me.
Next time I am in London, I will definitely try to spend more time with Simon again!

Visited November 2013
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gave our visit some soul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our tour was a trip highlight. Simon was so accommodating and helpful in setting up the tour and then super personable and easy to talk to during. He explained some camera features we had not explored before and took us to some pretty cool places to get the best angles and views. Highly recommended. Will do it again in another part of London on our next trip.

Visited December 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
8 attraction reviews
“all I wanted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I got what I expected from privat foto tour: contemporary buildings, perfect guide with personal approach, great views of the city. thank you, Simon

Visited November 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I've had a great time during my night session with Simon ! He showed me places I wouldn't have known on my own. Simon is a great at explaining how to use your camera and is a very nice and kind person. Next time I'll come to London, I'll definitely book another photo tour with Simon. Thanks again for your kindness and all the useful tips.

Visited September 2013