“Should have stayed in the bar”
Review of Mare Moto

Mare Moto
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mare Moto
Ranked #307 of 556 London B&B and Inns
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Should have stayed in the bar”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had the dubious pleasure of 'dining' at this place last night as part of a large party of people out to celebrate a colleague's birthday. We sat down at 8.00 pm and had a set menu to choose from to keep down costs. So far so good. An hour and 15 minutes later the starter appeared; the food was well presented and tasted good. So far so good even though we had had to wait an age for service. After a further hour's wait the main deigned to put in an appearance.

The chef who produced the starter must have been on his break as the main I received was seriously below the standard of the first course. Beef stroganoff and MacDonalds style friess slopped on the plate looking balefully at me as if daring me to eat. Hunger overcoming fear I gave it a try. Wrong move - it seems the stroganoff wasn't daring me it was warning me off. No self respecting Italian would countenance the so called dish they served up that night. I didn't have dessert as I had to catch the train home and couldn't risk waiting another hour or so for that. The two courses I had weren't worth the £30 bill.
The service was non existent, the toilets were a health hazard - the hand dryers didn't work, there were no bins provided so people were just throwing paper on the floor, some of the cubicles didn't have any toilet paper and no facilities for a lady facing a certain time.
Still the majority of the rest of the party had a great time as by the time the food was served they were so full of vodka it really didn't matter. At least the birthday girl had a good time.
I like to say something good so I should say we had a nice time at the bar where the drinks weren't an extortionate price before sitting down to eat. Should have stayed in the bar!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I visited the club last night with friends and it was simply awful. The bouncers let far too many people in so the club is beyond cramped to the point that it feels dangerous. Their are only 2 ladies toilet cubicles which are manned by a toilet attendant who bangs on the door to hurry you along if you've been in there longer than a minute!

The club was so busy that you are constantly having drinks spilt on you and people barging into you.

I mentioned to the doormen that the club was so busy it felt dangerous but they didn't seem to care at all. I won't be going there again for sure!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Arranged a friends surprise birthday here. They couldn't have been more helpful for dinner, cake, decorations. The club played brilliant music and drinks were very reasonable! They sorted us out with table in the club - they were very efficient at emailing back

• Stayed November 2013
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 20 October 2013

On a recent visit to London my wife and I had a very enjoyable meal at the Mare Moto. It was a Thursday night and the atmosphere was both friendly and relaxing. A gentleman called "Luigi" and his staff looked after us really well. The menu was extensive with a lovely selection of wines. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michael b b
Ukiha, Japan
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Customers,

It's a club-come-diner that is both awful and abrasive. I thoroughly recommend avoiding at all costs. The food is as terrible as the club and the staff seem to think they're working in macdonalds. Avoid for a night out, there's plenty of better options out there!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jamie W
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We had a great lunch before Chelsea Football Match last Sunday and even if we had to wait a bit because the place was crowded, it was worth it ! The food was great and the service exellent! Good selection of wines! The prices are very competitive for the quality food you are served. We will definitely come back!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

About 14 of us went out for a meal in Mare Motto and I can't recommend it highly enough. We ordered a variety of things and every single dish was to die for. Later on it turns into a night club which is not so great.... but I was there for the food so........

• Stayed August 2013