Mare Moto
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My partner and I dined at Mare Moto on World Cup semi-final night – the night Germany beat Brazil 7-1! It was a memorable night indeed, and for all the right reasons. We found the staff to be welcoming, friendly and helpful. And the décor to be modern, chic and comfortable. For starters I had the Brie Cheese on grilled Portobello Mushrooms, while my partner had the Crispy Squid. Both were beautifully presented and tasted great. For the main course I chose the Herb-Crusted Sea Bass with sundried tomatoes, while my partner had the Wild Boar Ragout tossed with home-made egg pasta, with a mixed salad and spinach as side-dishes. To our delight, everything was fresh and tasty – again, we could not fault the food or the presentation of it. The atmosphere was relaxed, helped with the downing of some fine Italian wine. Our waiter, Lui, was attentive and there was good camaraderie between the tables as the football match unfolded. For desert I had the Crème Brulee with prunes and cognac, while my partner opted for the Chocolate Tortino – both were very agreeable. The complimentary limoncello was a nice touch at the end of the dinner. At £35 per person I thought the price was very good value, by Chelsea standards. All in all, a most enjoyable evening!! Would definitely recommend the restaurant. Thanks, Mare Moto!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The service is excellent, the staff are extremely friendly. The cocktails are divine and the food is good value and absolutely authentic. The chef even came out to check how our meal was. The complimentary frozen limoncello was beautifull

Stayed: July 2014
Thank 252645959 .
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Visited here for drinks following a meal on kings road.
The bar tender was very welcoming and chatty and made some of the nicest champagne cocktails I've ever tasted.
Prices on a par with other London bars. It was a fairly quiet night at mid week, would definitely return to sample weekend nightlife.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had the dubious pleasure of 'dining' at this place last night as part of a large party of people out to celebrate a colleague's birthday. We sat down at 8.00 pm and had a set menu to choose from to keep down costs. So far so good. An hour and 15 minutes later the starter appeared; the food was well presented and tasted good. So far so good even though we had had to wait an age for service. After a further hour's wait the main deigned to put in an appearance.

The chef who produced the starter must have been on his break as the main I received was seriously below the standard of the first course. Beef stroganoff and MacDonalds style friess slopped on the plate looking balefully at me as if daring me to eat. Hunger overcoming fear I gave it a try. Wrong move - it seems the stroganoff wasn't daring me it was warning me off. No self respecting Italian would countenance the so called dish they served up that night. I didn't have dessert as I had to catch the train home and couldn't risk waiting another hour or so for that. The two courses I had weren't worth the £30 bill.
The service was non existent, the toilets were a health hazard - the hand dryers didn't work, there were no bins provided so people were just throwing paper on the floor, some of the cubicles didn't have any toilet paper and no facilities for a lady facing a certain time.
Still the majority of the rest of the party had a great time as by the time the food was served they were so full of vodka it really didn't matter. At least the birthday girl had a good time.
I like to say something good so I should say we had a nice time at the bar where the drinks weren't an extortionate price before sitting down to eat. Should have stayed in the bar!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I visited the club last night with friends and it was simply awful. The bouncers let far too many people in so the club is beyond cramped to the point that it feels dangerous. Their are only 2 ladies toilet cubicles which are manned by a toilet attendant who bangs on the door to hurry you along if you've been in there longer than a minute!

The club was so busy that you are constantly having drinks spilt on you and people barging into you.

I mentioned to the doormen that the club was so busy it felt dangerous but they didn't seem to care at all. I won't be going there again for sure!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends