“Great British Dining Experience”
Review of The Gilbert Scott

The Gilbert Scott
Ranked #920 of 24,015 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$31 - US$77
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Great British dining is executed perfectly at Marcus Wareing's The Gilbert Scott with a menu featuring British produce cooked to perfection. The beautifully grand Gilbert Scott bar presents fine bespoke cocktails and an imaginative wine list. There is a private dining room for large parties and the Kitchen Table is perfect for an extravagant meal, close to the lively hub of the kitchen.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were staying at a nearby hotel and asked the front desk staff to recommend a restaurant within walking distance. We were able to make reservations for a couple of hours later, but found the restaurant nearly empty on a Sunday at 6:30 p.m. What a lovely facility. The hotel is beautiful and the restaurant even more so. The menu was interesting and we had to ask the waiter to explain what some of the British items were. Everything we had was wonderful. The waiter was very attentive. More people arrived a we ate, but nothing was rushed.

1  Thank CaliforniaLeslie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,900)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We enjoyed a lovely meal and drinks for a friends birthday here and everything was exceptional. When the rest of our party ordered a starter I was brought a small complimentary soup which is a lovely and thoughtful touch by attentive staff and an extremely talented chef (The sea bass with dahl is phenomenal).

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We enjoyed a memorable family lunch here and what a glorious setting it is.

From our arrival to departure the service and food were simply outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff had such commendable interpersonal skills. All three courses were delicious and beautifully presented. My scallop starter was perfectly cooked and served with a delicious delicately spiced cauliflower purée. My main course of hake, again wonderfully cooked came with such delicate sweet broad beans and some of the nicest new-potatoes I have tasted. The dessert was a chocoholics dream!

Grand setting, great ambience, delicious food, flawless service; need I say more!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant with friends. It's very convenient to meet friends who live out of London on a train line that comes into St Pancras or Kings Cross. Of course the setting is wonderful. The food is first rate. I recommend the plaice on the bone (served, thank goodness, with old fashioned proper fish knife) and Mrs Beaton's Snow Egg, a delightfully light and delicious dessert. However it is pricey with main courses mostly over £20.

1  Thank LFKUk
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I booked to celebrate our wedding anniversary at the main restaurant and made a special note if they could make it more special. We arrived and was greeted to our table which was lovely, the setting was beautiful and very classic which I loved. The service was good throughout but not as amazing as I expected from a place like this. I didn't feel it was special enough, no acknowledgement of our anniversary whereas all the other establishment has always made some acknowledgement over the years. Just a little disappointed. The food was great but not amazing.
Not sure if it is a place I would return as I left feeling a little empty as usually I would always find myself wanting to take friends or families to a place I enjoyed. Sadly this is not one of them I'm afraid to say.

1  Thank Natalia S

Been to The Gilbert Scott? Share your experiences!