“Fantastic Malaysian food!”

Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Having lived in Malaysia for 18 months I knew I had struck gold the first time I ate in Pelangi! The food is authentic, fresh and beautifully presented. Staff are so friendly and children are really welcome too. I am so lucky to have one of my favourite eateries within a 5 minute walk from home. Keep up the good work Pelangi.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have been using Pelangi now for over a year, for both take out and also eating in at the restaurant. The food is excellent and the staff are very friendly and attentive. They didn't originally deliver where we lived but now do with a £1 charge to cover the extra distance. It's well worth the charge.

I never used to be a bean curd fan, but they serve the best bean curd I've personally eaten.

Love the Sambal Tumis as well.

My Husband and I love visiting Malaysia and this is a great place to get our Malaysian food fix!

Also their lunch special menu is great value for money.

All in all can't praise this restaurant highly enough.

3  Thank GF1967
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Well how do I start....The quality of the food at this anassuming restaurant is second to none. Every dish I have tried( I have nearly gone through the whole menu!!) has been fantastic and very authentic. The couple whom own the place are from Malaysia but the food offerings are a mixture of Malay, Chinese and Thai. I have visited may Malay/Thai restaurants in the past and have to say this is easily the best in terms of sheer quality. I am in fact addicted to the pplce and try to visit every couple of weeks. I have taken many different groups of family/friends there and all have loved it. Every dish comes with a presentation you would expect from a high end eating establishment in London( ornately carved veg) but this place differs in that the price is very very reasonable. If you like orienatl cuisine then you will never go anywhere else once you have tried out this place. TRUST ME on this!! If you do visit please try the Beef Rendang.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We live locally and have been using thier Take-away / delivery for over 2 years now. The quality of meat and other ingredients used in the food is top grade. We have different diet requirements in the family and they always cook the meals as required.

Food is very tasty - we favour the Thai and Malaysian main courses / curries. The chinese starters are very good too.

We have ordered food from them when we have guests at home ... and everyone has just loved everything that we have ordered.

Great place !

1  Thank SwapB
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Tried this as an alternative to normal Chinese takeaway but not particularly impressed. Only had 3 items but found none of them were that good. The rendang beef was quite tough and chewy although the sauce was very tasty, the 'famous noodles' were stodgy with very little if any of the sausage, pork or prawns that was promised in the menu. It also seemed quite pricey. The meal was cooked very quickly and was steaming hot when served which was good. Will probably not have again though.