“DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Went for a friends special birthday, group of approx 20 midweek, starters not bad bit greasy, some a bit burnt, they were quite rude when we pointed out that some were not cooked properly,but the main courses were dreadful, prawn dishes had only three prawns per dish and were not big enough to share! Service was dreadful, one particular waitress very rude, charged for tap water!!!
Compulsory service charge as over 10 people. Would not recommend at all.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank sng20

London
“Rushed service, food good but not exceptional”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

After reading a few reviews about this place on tripadvisor I decided to book a table for dinner. The service was rushed which was disappointing as there is nothing worse than eating a three course meal at lightning speed! I ordered the tempura prawns, nice but too oily. My husband ordered the sompong squid, nice but portion was two squid rings halved! My Thai red curry and rice was good and the beef rending which my husband ordered was nice but not on par with a proper rendang experienced in other countries. The wine was topped up too quickly and I always had this feeling of being hurried. Would I go back...perhaps and I wouldn't put anyone off going there. Just wish they had given me time to enjoy the food.

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Malaysian food!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Having lived in Malaysia for 18 months I knew I had struck gold the first time I ate in Pelangi! The food is authentic, fresh and beautifully presented. Staff are so friendly and children are really welcome too. I am so lucky to have one of my favourite eateries within a 5 minute walk from home. Keep up the good work Pelangi.

• Visited May 2012
“Great Malaysian Food”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have been using Pelangi now for over a year, for both take out and also eating in at the restaurant. The food is excellent and the staff are very friendly and attentive. They didn't originally deliver where we lived but now do with a £1 charge to cover the extra distance. It's well worth the charge.

I never used to be a bean curd fan, but they serve the best bean curd I've personally eaten.

Love the Sambal Tumis as well.

My Husband and I love visiting Malaysia and this is a great place to get our Malaysian food fix!

Also their lunch special menu is great value for money.

All in all can't praise this restaurant highly enough.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank GF1967
London, United Kingdom
“You HAVE to try this place out!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Well how do I start....The quality of the food at this anassuming restaurant is second to none. Every dish I have tried( I have nearly gone through the whole menu!!) has been fantastic and very authentic. The couple whom own the place are from Malaysia but the food offerings are a mixture of Malay, Chinese and Thai. I have visited may Malay/Thai restaurants in the past and have to say this is easily the best in terms of sheer quality. I am in fact addicted to the pplce and try to visit every couple of weeks. I have taken many different groups of family/friends there and all have loved it. Every dish comes with a presentation you would expect from a high end eating establishment in London( ornately carved veg) but this place differs in that the price is very very reasonable. If you like orienatl cuisine then you will never go anywhere else once you have tried out this place. TRUST ME on this!! If you do visit please try the Beef Rendang.

• Visited April 2012