“Edible but not authentic”
Review of Pelangi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Tried Malaysian dishes. I have been to Malaysia and Singapore many times and the food did not tasted like a poor impression of real Malaysian food. Overall execution is not particularly good either. Service was pleasant.

1  Thank GodfreydeZilla

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Went for a friends special birthday, group of approx 20 midweek, starters not bad bit greasy, some a bit burnt, they were quite rude when we pointed out that some were not cooked properly,but the main courses were dreadful, prawn dishes had only three prawns per dish and were not big enough to share! Service was dreadful, one particular waitress very rude, charged for tap water!!!
Compulsory service charge as over 10 people. Would not recommend at all.

1  Thank sng20
Reviewed 19 May 2012

After reading a few reviews about this place on tripadvisor I decided to book a table for dinner. The service was rushed which was disappointing as there is nothing worse than eating a three course meal at lightning speed! I ordered the tempura prawns, nice but too oily. My husband ordered the sompong squid, nice but portion was two squid rings halved! My Thai red curry and rice was good and the beef rending which my husband ordered was nice but not on par with a proper rendang experienced in other countries. The wine was topped up too quickly and I always had this feeling of being hurried. Would I go back...perhaps and I wouldn't put anyone off going there. Just wish they had given me time to enjoy the food.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Having lived in Malaysia for 18 months I knew I had struck gold the first time I ate in Pelangi! The food is authentic, fresh and beautifully presented. Staff are so friendly and children are really welcome too. I am so lucky to have one of my favourite eateries within a 5 minute walk from home. Keep up the good work Pelangi.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have been using Pelangi now for over a year, for both take out and also eating in at the restaurant. The food is excellent and the staff are very friendly and attentive. They didn't originally deliver where we lived but now do with a £1 charge to cover the extra distance. It's well worth the charge.

I never used to be a bean curd fan, but they serve the best bean curd I've personally eaten.

Love the Sambal Tumis as well.

My Husband and I love visiting Malaysia and this is a great place to get our Malaysian food fix!

Also their lunch special menu is great value for money.

All in all can't praise this restaurant highly enough.

3  Thank GF1967