“A little gem in the heart of kings Cross.”
Review of Alhambra Hotel

Alhambra Hotel
Ranked #260 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Just had a week staying here and was very pleasantly surprised. A small hotel perfectly located a stones throw from Kings Cross station and the site I've been working at. Very friendly staff, very clean and freshly decorated room with everything I needed.... The only slight negative is the size of the single rooms and en-suite shower room. However it is only a very slight negative and the clever use of the space available is to their credit. Based on the size of the room alone I thought the price towards the higher end of the scale, but by no means expensive for the location, and when you take into account the free wifi (travelodge take note) and a delicious freshly prepared breakfast every morning then perhaps I am being a little picky!
Overall a very pleasant stay in a very pleasant hotel. I will most likely be back sometime in the new year when my work takes me back to kings cross.
Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for Alhambra Hotel

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have now been here twice for overnight stays with a similar experience each time. In both cases the room was clean and comfortable bed. The room was small but we knew that and had no problem with it
Un fortunately both times there was a real problem with noise. In the first case, we were below a room that sounded like it had a wooden or tiled floor as we heard loud noise every time the person upstairs moved. In the second case, the people in the room next door got up at 5am, started playing music and shouted at each other making it impossible to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here one night in Oct after a long flight. Arranged for pickup from airport. Service was very dependable. Room was small but we were aware of that from the reviews. Breakfast was good but you did not feel like you could linger very long.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

For an inexpensive place to stay for a night the Alhambra is a good choice. My room was fairly small, but clean & tidy with a decent bed. I had a good night's sleep followed by a nice cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid the upper floors if you're not good with stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was there with my parents for a night in Dec 2013. Very good service and quality! highly recommended for a very good price. It was very easy to find with the GPS and fairly close to Euston Station. If you travel light, you can even walk there

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This place was amazing, after staying in Europe in hostels and then the Royal national down the road this place was like heaven. Full english breakfast included and close to the tube, just a nice family atmosphere it didnt feel much like a hotel at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahM1990
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My experience surpassed expectations. This hotel was the perfect setting for my few brief hours in London, as I rested in between a journey from Pitlochry to King’s Cross and my next travel from Euston to Birmingham International. I had a meeting set in St Pancras Station, I visited the British Library and explored the environs of Queen Alexandra Mansions in adjacent Judd Street, in the course of my studies of the artist, Dorothy Woollard! All these places were in the close orbit of the Alhambra Hotel.

The hotel is exceptionally clean and remarkably well maintained. It is brightly lit and I sense that it is decorated daily! The inner courtyard as seen from my room, number 22, was wonderfully tidy. To see a communal area in such condition surprised and delighted me. There is obviously a joint purpose among the owners and occupiers of these twenty or so properties to maintain good standards. I sense also that the local Fire Officer may have persuasive powers in this aim. The young staff are polite and friendly, without being intrusive. My breakfast in the superb basement refectory was very enjoyable. I noted, in my former life as an Environmental Health Officer, that the food hygiene and safety rating for the food premises was five stars out of five. In other words excellent! I chose a room without en suite facilities but the ones I shared were stunning in their simplicity, decorative order and function. There are en suite rooms available and the increased cost is very reasonable.
There is no lift so hauling heavy cases up to the second or third floors will be demanding for less able and less fit persons. The corridors and staircases are narrow.

This is a lovely and charming family run hotel! It looks good from the outside on Argyle Street and it does not disappoint when you step inside. I had my best sleep ever in London, considering the action packed area of King's Cross. I also slept with my window open! There was a beautiful selection of tiny hand made biscuits on the counter at reception, for all guests to sample. This little act means a lot to the guest and traveller.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo