“sleeping bag”

Ranked #907 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Copenhagen, Denmark
“sleeping bag”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is the location - really close to Fulham Broadway station.

From here on its a matter of accepting that its just a sleeping bag. Rooms are old and rather worn off. Bathrooms are even worse - signs of overflowing bathtubes on the nearby wooden doorframes, mold all over the place and broken tiles. The shower head was surely older them me and was attached high up without the posibility to be moved, which made washing of the whole body rather challenging.

Hairdrier was not working in one of the rooms and completely missing in the other.

No free wifi, and don't bother paying to get some either - in the highly unlikely event of actually getting on, the connection was really unstable and slow - did not load a single picture during the whole stay.

Restaurant was not something to brag about either. Showing up at the start of breakfast interval (7-10am) calls for 30 min. wait. Showing up for a dinner, seemed to surprise the staff. Waiter definitely had to be called in; waiting time of about an hour. Dinner arrived before the starters. Starters, as well as one of the dishes were simplified version of what was described in the menu.
To be fair - the food did taste good.

The hotel is close to a hospital - lots of screaming ambulances. Again, to be fair, the windows are well noise-insulated, so its just a matter of living without fresh air.

Bottom line: if you can, choose another hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ljubljana
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room and the bathroom are really very good size for London. Location is great (150 m to the tube). Fulham road is very busy and because the windows are ancient, I suggest asking for back room.
Was it the carpet or the mattress? Something really smelled bad. Cleanliness: they obviously are cleaning, but are careless as you can still see the swing of the mop leaving hair behind....

Room Tip: Ask for a back room (off the main street)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Do NOT stay here, if you do check your bank account, as this hotel will help itself to your account. I booked a room, paid for it in advance by credit card. I went out for the evening & didn't make it back. The next morning I took the train home. When I checked my bank account, I noticed an additional £100.00 deduction. Unauthorised. When I enquired what had happened I was fobbed off with various excuses. One of the excuses was that it was for the key not being returned. When I argued that the cost of a replacement key was negligible & the deduction way in excess of the cost, I was given more ridiculous excuses. Bottom line, if you stay DO NOT give them your credit card. Pay in cash.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KevinVictorSharpYork
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

It started badly when we realised that the promised 'car park' was what other hotels would call a 'drop off area', then to find that you had to hand they keys of your car to a stranger bearing in mind that there were 'Cars parked at owners risk' signs did not go down too well. The first room offered had toilet paper strewn outside the bathroom and the bedding dishevelled (really dishevelled); obviously not serviced. The second room (room 112 if you are unlucky enough to be going there) was dingy with one reading light not working at all and smelly (had a stagnant water smell) and was so incredibly hot. I eventually managed to wrench the valve (which was covered in an unpleasant sticky residue) on the radiator around to turn it down (I think).The one window would not stay open, the other window required my full body weight to close it.
The fan looked lethal and the pedestal was leaning and broken, pillow cases were missing on the spare pillows and the hair dryer stated in the 'services and facilities' section of their web site was missing, much to the irritation of my wife. There was a fridge in the room but this was very suspect and contained a half empty bottle of water.
The traffic noise was horrendous all night long which I suppose apart from decent windows little could be done to fix, as for ventilation they had to be open at the top (I certainly could not close them).
The bed was of the pocketed spring variety which has seen better days with one spring in particular causing issues.
The next morning was more awkward as I was trying not to touch any of the surfaces and keep my feet covered after I had showered before going down to breakfast; which was standard 'continental' fair (although a very minor bugbear in that there was no bread or toasting machine for toast). All in all a thoroughly unpleasant experience.
Had I known I would have booked a cardboard box in a doorway somewhere, which would have been a similar experience only perhaps cooler.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank GreenGW
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Where to start?
1) Parking charged for 10 quid...car keys have to be left at the reception so the hotel staff can move it and squeeze all cars to hotel's driveway which is taking place as a car park...I will get back to the main issue caused by this matter couple paragraphs down
2) Internet charged 5 GBP, but was very very slow, constantly freezing
3) Old wooden floor was so noisy so anytime anyone walk in a room above or next to the one you are in,you hear every step
4) Heating wasn't working
5) Shower had so much lime scale on so only literally 5! trickles went out of it
6) Beer in a hotel restaurant served in plastic bottles...ridiculous
7) Awful continental breakfast, coffee was just brown water
8) The main issue what happened was when I checked out and wanted to get to my car parked by hotel staff, I just could not get to it because there was only about 10 inch gap when drivers door opened. After I somehow managed to squeeze in in a suit which got dirty beacuse of this. On top of this hotel staff damaged a mirror on my car as it was shut by force. When I reported this to a manager Ahmed Nazzar he told me that this is what they do on each car and that he won't take the responsibility for it?!!! Then told me that if I don't like it I can park elswhere for 25 quid next time...awesome attidute.
Let me tell you something Ahmed...do not run a hotel, you obviously miss the point!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Tomas V
La-Reserve-London, Manager at La Reserve, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your comments and would like to respond as followed:

You have kindly mentioned that we charged £10.00 for parking. In fact that equals to two hours in a parking meter.

You checked in around 13.00 there further two of your friends joined you, for a business meeting with two other cars for which we did not charge them all.

As of serving Beer in Plastic bottle, this is simply due to health & Safety aspect of it we found it safer to offer them in such container.

You have further mentioned about the shower head, in the bathroom, I must say that we have not had any complaint from anyone else so-far. But it is worth mentioning that our Maintenance staffs on regular bases, in rotation do de-scale the showerheads.

You have also showed your dissatisfaction about our coffee; I fully understand your comment. If I may mention we all get used to a particular taste and aroma and nothing else can be the same for us. You could have asked for a stronger cup and we would made a fresh cup from our Cappuccino machine with pleasure.

The final point in your comment was that your Car was parked close to the railing.
We believe having part of the hotel forecourt available is an extra advantage to our guests and forgive me by reminding you that now a days £10.00 for overnight parking charges do not even cover one hour of the parking attendance.

As of damage to your vehicle side mirror, we were made aware of your concern and on
checking and testing, the side mirror was found to be in perfect working order and without any apparent damage, you were quite satisfied before leaving the hotel.

We thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The room is tiny with tired and worn decor. Bedding is insufficient and stained. The bathroom had dirty floor and mold around siliconed edges. Free wifi not offered. All in all its in dire new of modernisation.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are sincerely sorry if you have not had a pleasant stay.

On your next visit we will be offering you one of our better suited rooms, as we are in the process of refurbishing the bedrooms. We wish you well and hope to see you soon.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by a Chelsea fan as it's just by their ground. The place was a little tired but very clean. The room was stocked with toiletries and a complimentary fruit basket which I really appreciated. The shower was a bit iffy but I've had worse.The breakfast was continental self service and not bad at all. If you ate dinner in the restaurant you could have the beer in the fridge for free! (We didn't but I thought that was a nice touch). We went into the city from there as the bus stop is right outside which takes you to Kensington, Knightsbridge and Trafalgar Square or just round the corner is one to Victoria. They run ever 10 minutes late into the night. Fulham Broadway tube is only a stone's throw too. We got a special deal of £65 for 2 with breakfast and you can cancel right up to the last minute without penalty, the staff were great as well. Oh and there's parking for £10 a day, first come first served.

Room Tip: Get one at the end of a corridor as the floors really creak!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. At La reserve we are trying our best to please every body although we know it is impossible.

We appreciate your kindness and hope to see you in the near future.