“Nice hotel, top service”
Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #331 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Very nice, fresh and clean hotel. The bathroom had heating in it's marble floor which was nice on a cold winter day. I normally don't use the bathrooom products supplied by hotels but in this place they are from Kiehl's so I tried them out. I ended up being a Kiehl customer afterwards.

The hotel is quiet despite being located in central London.

After living in Asia for several years, I'm spoilt when it comes to service. The Levin can however compete with the best. No trouble is too much for the manager and staff in this hotel. They really took good care of me.

The restaurant/breakfast room is cosy and I loved the calm start it gave me on my days. The selections of food for breakfast was limited but I got additional things when I asked for it.

And finally you can't beat the proximity to Harrod's, Harvey Nichols and Sloane Street. If you're in London for shopping this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Luxury_traveller504
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice review we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I`m also pleased that you liked our bathroom products and it looks like you now a Kiehl`s customer.

We are proud in what we doing and we will continue doing so and hopefully we will get more good reviews like yours.

For any future visits to london please conatc me directly and I be happy to help with any future reservations .

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here, when we were going to an event at the Madarin Oriental as I couldn't justify the room rates there. Mind you none of the hotels in the area are what you would call cheap, however the Levin was exceptional the rooms aren't exactly spacious but are finished to a very high standard. The plus is that the hotel is on a reasonable low traffic side street so noise is not an issue. The breakfast was superb (eggs benedict highly recommended). For a central London hotel it can easily justify the price in comparison to the nearby Hiltons and other "Name" hotels in the area which are twice the price, but twice as good? probably not.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank thfc1afc0
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dera Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice and positive review.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and also had a good breakfast.
I will share your comments with my team and please let me know of any further travels to london and I would be happy to help you with any upcoming reservations

Reviewed 16 January 2012

my husband and i stayed here on christmas eve. we have stayed before and experienced simple perfection. i'm pleased to say our most recent stay didn't disappoint. the location is second to none, the rooms beautiful and the staff cannot do enough to help. we also had drinks and food at the Capital next door which is equally as impressive - the bar staff's knowledge and cocktail making abilities are amazing! my favourite hotel in europe.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lsb73
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a nice review for The Levin Hotel.
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your last stay with us and it is also good to hear that you had a good time at the Capital restaurant.
I will share your comments with all of my staff and please let me know of any further visits to the Levin and I am more than happy to assist you with your reservation.

Have a lovely day

Reviewed 15 January 2012

There are only 12 rooms in the whole hotel, so it is small. The rooms were big enough but not a ton of space in them (but this is very typical for London!). Very clean and nice. You can get breakfast included in your rate which is eaten at a little cafe attached to the hotel called The Metro. Breakfast was pretty good, you could order eggs cooked however you want, and there were pastries fruit and cereal.

The staff at the hotel were absolutely fantastic - there was a huge mix up with a tour we had booked with Premium Tours to go to Bath, and basically they had overbooked and could no longer take us. This was our last full day in London and we had really wanted to go to Bath. The front desk staff arranged a private driver to take us and within an hour he was waiting for us outside. They were very friendly and very helpful!

All in all excellent and I would stay there again. It is also located 1 minute away from Harrods which was fun to walk around.

Note: It was hard to find restaurants/bars open past 10pm in this area - if you are looking for nightlife you'll have to hop on the tub and go to a different part of London.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review you posted on trip advisor.
I am so glad you had a great time and you finally made it to bath .
I will share your good comments with all of my the team and I`m sure there are very proud
that another happy customer left the Levin Hotel.
Please let me know for any further visits to london and be very happy to help you with any reservations.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

My family of six stayed at The Levin for a week between Christmas and New Years. It was a perfect stay. The rooms were spotless, large, luxurious(particularly the marble bathrooms), quiet and, in particular, the beds were incredibly comfortable. The staff went out of their way to help us navigate London-- providing directions on what Tube line to take to various sites, recommending guides, ordering taxis, making recommendations and reservations for dinner, and suggestiong itineraries. The complimentary breakfast each day was delicious and incredibly generous and the staff members at Le Metro (the restautrant in the hotel) were friendly and kind, particularly in procuring coffee to help us overcome jetlag. Actually we wound up having more meals than we thought we would at Le Metro because the food was so excellent and it was so convenient. Room service was the fastest and most professional we have experienced in any hotel throughout the US and Europe. We wouldn't change a thing about our stay---The Levin was a joy to come home to after long days of sightseeing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet--all of them quite large.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank familytravellersX6
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind review.
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order.
It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.
Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time you allways welcome to stay with us in the future.
It would be a pleasure to help you with any further bookings, please contact me directly.

Best Wishes to all of you

Reviewed 18 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here last night as part of her 40th birthday treat. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a more personal experience rather than the big hotels where your just a number on a large booking sheet! From the minute you walk in your treated extremely well and fell that the staff truely care. As many others have already said the room and its facilities are first class and it's location is virtually next door to harrods.
To sum up, a truely luxurious boutique hotel that I would definately recommened..!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yardyboy
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Guest,

I`m so pleased you enjoyed your special stay with us.

Wishing you all the best for the new year and I do hope we can welcome you in the new year

back again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 December 2011

You can be sure to get a good night’s sleep on the ultra comfortable bed at The Levin (worth some 20,000 pounds). Everything in this boutique hotel is well thought out and luxurious, including a champagne bar (with cocktail recipe books), flat screen TV, iPod docking station, Bose sound system, a marble bathroom and a choice between Molton Brown or Miller Harris toiletries. There’s even a collection of classic novels to enjoy. The design is contemporary, chic and welcoming – same goes for the staff. A stunning, unique 18 metre chandelier plunges from the ceiling. This little gem of a hotel is situated in Knightsbridge and just around the corner from Harrods. Only 2 minutes away from the tube.

Breakfast (or a meal at any time of the day) can be enjoyed at The Levin’s quaint brasserie, Le Metro.

Rates start from £225 for a double room (with continental breakfast).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Mysteriouskat
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2012

Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and also the restaurant during your visit. It means a great deal to the team and me to read praise such as this. I very much hope that you will be coming back to the Levin soon, it would be a pleasure to help with any future bookings, please contact me directly.