“Exceptional Personalised Service”

Ranked #297 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Exceptional Personalised Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

We recently had two stays (3 nights and 4 nights) at The Levin in January, 2012 for the first time (on previous occasions used a similar style hotel). The service level provided by the Levin was consistently exceptional (the value of staying at a boutique property).

The location of this hotel is without question the absolute best you could find in Knightsbridge. A street behind Harrods, one street from Sloane Street, Harvey Nicholls and Brompton Rd shopping, a couple of blocks from Beauchamp Place (great restaurants) and Cadogan Place.

Not only does this small hotel of 12 rooms provide the normal 4 star services you would expect, they consciously go out of their way to add value to your particular circumstances which included unsolicited assistance with reservations, information, travel advice etc. They even went out of their way (unbeknown to us) to finally locate our luggage which went missing on an interline transfer whilst we were getting the usual run around from BA.

When you stay at The Levin, you must acknowledge what you are getting compared a larger 4 star hotel of similar standard in London. As it is a small intimate hotel it does not have 2/3 high powered speed elevators, instead a cute original classic 1940’s cage elevator which adds to its unmistakable charm, no health club or gym, business centre or intimate bar, just great personalised service and surroundings.

The Levin has a fabulous no-nonsense restaurant down stairs with good food open from 6.30 am to 11.00 pm where the local businesses constantly frequent (noticed lots Harrods staff on their breaks, lunch and dinner).

Rooms are typical of 5 star London hotels containing smaller to more spacious rooms with typical British furnishings, we stayed in two room types all had good products and very nice small convenient touches.

The Hotel is managed by Harold Duttine who runs a terrific operation alongside his small friendly and professional team.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Poss739
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for writing such a nice review about The Levin.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your views with my team.

It is always nice to get positive feedback such us yours this makes us feel very proud in what we doing.

We will continue our excellent service and make sure we will have plenty more happy customer to come.

Please let me know of any future travels to London and I am more than happy to help you with a reservation.

All the best

Harald Duttine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Very nice, fresh and clean hotel. The bathroom had heating in it's marble floor which was nice on a cold winter day. I normally don't use the bathrooom products supplied by hotels but in this place they are from Kiehl's so I tried them out. I ended up being a Kiehl customer afterwards.

The hotel is quiet despite being located in central London.

After living in Asia for several years, I'm spoilt when it comes to service. The Levin can however compete with the best. No trouble is too much for the manager and staff in this hotel. They really took good care of me.

The restaurant/breakfast room is cosy and I loved the calm start it gave me on my days. The selections of food for breakfast was limited but I got additional things when I asked for it.

And finally you can't beat the proximity to Harrod's, Harvey Nichols and Sloane Street. If you're in London for shopping this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Luxury_traveller504
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice review we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I`m also pleased that you liked our bathroom products and it looks like you now a Kiehl`s customer.

We are proud in what we doing and we will continue doing so and hopefully we will get more good reviews like yours.

For any future visits to london please conatc me directly and I be happy to help with any future reservations .

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here, when we were going to an event at the Madarin Oriental as I couldn't justify the room rates there. Mind you none of the hotels in the area are what you would call cheap, however the Levin was exceptional the rooms aren't exactly spacious but are finished to a very high standard. The plus is that the hotel is on a reasonable low traffic side street so noise is not an issue. The breakfast was superb (eggs benedict highly recommended). For a central London hotel it can easily justify the price in comparison to the nearby Hiltons and other "Name" hotels in the area which are twice the price, but twice as good? probably not.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thfc1afc0
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dera Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice and positive review.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and also had a good breakfast.
I will share your comments with my team and please let me know of any further travels to london and I would be happy to help you with any upcoming reservations

Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

my husband and i stayed here on christmas eve. we have stayed before and experienced simple perfection. i'm pleased to say our most recent stay didn't disappoint. the location is second to none, the rooms beautiful and the staff cannot do enough to help. we also had drinks and food at the Capital next door which is equally as impressive - the bar staff's knowledge and cocktail making abilities are amazing! my favourite hotel in europe.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lsb73
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a nice review for The Levin Hotel.
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your last stay with us and it is also good to hear that you had a good time at the Capital restaurant.
I will share your comments with all of my staff and please let me know of any further visits to the Levin and I am more than happy to assist you with your reservation.

Have a lovely day

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

There are only 12 rooms in the whole hotel, so it is small. The rooms were big enough but not a ton of space in them (but this is very typical for London!). Very clean and nice. You can get breakfast included in your rate which is eaten at a little cafe attached to the hotel called The Metro. Breakfast was pretty good, you could order eggs cooked however you want, and there were pastries fruit and cereal.

The staff at the hotel were absolutely fantastic - there was a huge mix up with a tour we had booked with Premium Tours to go to Bath, and basically they had overbooked and could no longer take us. This was our last full day in London and we had really wanted to go to Bath. The front desk staff arranged a private driver to take us and within an hour he was waiting for us outside. They were very friendly and very helpful!

All in all excellent and I would stay there again. It is also located 1 minute away from Harrods which was fun to walk around.

Note: It was hard to find restaurants/bars open past 10pm in this area - if you are looking for nightlife you'll have to hop on the tub and go to a different part of London.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review you posted on trip advisor.
I am so glad you had a great time and you finally made it to bath .
I will share your good comments with all of my the team and I`m sure there are very proud
that another happy customer left the Levin Hotel.
Please let me know for any further visits to london and be very happy to help you with any reservations.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

My family of six stayed at The Levin for a week between Christmas and New Years. It was a perfect stay. The rooms were spotless, large, luxurious(particularly the marble bathrooms), quiet and, in particular, the beds were incredibly comfortable. The staff went out of their way to help us navigate London-- providing directions on what Tube line to take to various sites, recommending guides, ordering taxis, making recommendations and reservations for dinner, and suggestiong itineraries. The complimentary breakfast each day was delicious and incredibly generous and the staff members at Le Metro (the restautrant in the hotel) were friendly and kind, particularly in procuring coffee to help us overcome jetlag. Actually we wound up having more meals than we thought we would at Le Metro because the food was so excellent and it was so convenient. Room service was the fastest and most professional we have experienced in any hotel throughout the US and Europe. We wouldn't change a thing about our stay---The Levin was a joy to come home to after long days of sightseeing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet--all of them quite large.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank familytravellersX6
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind review.
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order.
It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.
Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time you allways welcome to stay with us in the future.
It would be a pleasure to help you with any further bookings, please contact me directly.

Best Wishes to all of you
Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here last night as part of her 40th birthday treat. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a more personal experience rather than the big hotels where your just a number on a large booking sheet! From the minute you walk in your treated extremely well and fell that the staff truely care. As many others have already said the room and its facilities are first class and it's location is virtually next door to harrods.
To sum up, a truely luxurious boutique hotel that I would definately recommened..!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yardyboy
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I`m so pleased you enjoyed your special stay with us.

Wishing you all the best for the new year and I do hope we can welcome you in the new year

back again.