“GREAT HOTEL!”

Ranked #297 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Cleveland, Ohio
“GREAT HOTEL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Our family of 10 recently stayed at The Levin. This was the third time we have stayed here. It used to be called L'hotel..but was completely remodeled and renamed. It is lovely! The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The Levin is located on Basil St which is a quiet street just down the road from Harrods. We feel very at home at this hotel and would not stay anywhere else while visiting London. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DebMc1980
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you so much for the great feedback you wrote on trip advisor
It was our pleasure to look after you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.
We always try and our very best to accommodate all of our guest request
Our aim is that Levin guest`s return back home with good and happy memories
And most of the time we succeed.
Please let me know of any future visits to London and I be happy to assist you with a reservation
Harald Duttine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

The Levin is a great boutique hotel. Staff is more than friendly, they make you feel home ! location is perfect, justs beside Harrod´s and it´s neighborhood and Knithsbridge subway station. Rooms are comfortable and so clean. Breakfast is excellent, too.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheAccidentalTripper
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Thank you so much and I am so pleased you liked the hotel.
Yes and we are truly a "home away from home" for most of our guests.
I will share your lovely comments with all of my team and I`m sure there all will be delighted to have a job well done once again.
I hope that we will be welcoming you back to London and the Levin soon.

Best wishes
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is definitely one of the best boutique hotels I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many luxury hotels around the world. This independently owned property is excellent in every area, from the warm and friendly welcome, the cleanliness of the beautiful appointed bedrooms and the wonderful breakfast. This has been my 5th stay at The Levin and will always be my first choice when visiting London.

Many thanks to Harald and his staff for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Matetsi882
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Guest,
It is a great pleasure to have you stay with us again and again.
I am delighted that you feel comfortable and like our service here at the Levin.
We try our best to make you feel at home and make sure you have the best time.
I look forward to have you back again soon
Please let me know of any future visits and I be happy to help you with any reservations
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Fantastic location, just mins from Harrods, only 16 rooms, friendly staff, great room size, everything nice and modern, had a fabulous time and will definitely go back! When u are in london 2 things are important: location and room size, hotel Levin has both and so much more, if u like small and intimate and nice, this is for you :) My favourite hotel for future visits to london :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our location is one of the best and so close to all the best shopping London has to offer and right next to the most famous department store in the world. It was our pleasure to look after you whilst you stayed with us and I do look forward having you coming back soon. Please let me know of your next visit and I be happy to help with your reservation
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I've just completed a 4 night stay with my significant other at The Levin. We had a pleasant stay but there were little shortcomings that prevent me from loving the hotel as much as others do.

The hotel is tiny (only 12 rooms) and because of that, everything else is small too: the (classic) elevator is the size of a cupboard, the restaurant only has a few tables and the reception area is also quite small. The rooms suffer from a similar fate: We had the entry level classic double room (32) and it felt, well, cramped. After you've opened the outer door that leads to a little hallway, you'll have to open the second door to the room itself before you can close the first one. There's just not enough room to stand in the hallway. Somehow the room (12) we moved to after two nights felt a little bit bigger, but had an even smaller bathroom. I really recommend taking the larger room types if you can afford it, especially if you're planning a longer stay.

We really liked the decor; modern and light, but also with classical touches and impressive items like the chandelier in the staircase that extends from the top floor all the way to the bottom. Also I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel room that was as spotlessly clean as The Levin.
It's impossible to fault the location, especially if shopping is your thing. Entrance to Harrods is less than 50 steps away and there are numerous other stores at Sloane Street and Brompton Road. Knightsbridge station is around the corner for quick access to other parts of the city. If you want some peace and quiet, a five minute walk will take you to Hyde Park.

Sleeping quality was good, Basil street is not very busy so there was not a lot of noise from outside. Bear in mind that the king size beds The Levin offers are the UK-version of king size, which means only 1.60 metres wide. The airconditioning can be noisy, allthough the one in our second room was better than in our first room.

We were offered a different room after we complained about a lack of water pressure in the shower of our first room and the staff was unable to resolve the issue immediately. At normal water temperatures, the water flow was no more than a slow trickle and the shower was just unusable. The shower in the second room was better but still not as we would have liked it. Since a good shower in my view is one of the most important things to a room, this kind of issues should not occur at a top ranked hotel.

Some other minor issues did also occur: the lock in the bathroom of the second room was broken and I was served stone cold coffee at breakfast once. The breakfast buffet itself is good on quality but there was not a lot of choice and everything else (egg dishes, pancakes etc) is charged at a premium rate.

I don't want to sound like a penny pincher (If you book a hotel in the most expensive part of London during the Olympics, you know what to expect) but at more than 400 pounds per night for the smallest of rooms, for us the experience did not really live up to the price.

Room Tip: Request a room on 1st or 2nd floor: elevator is very slow and cramped, so easy access via stairs is...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank danielkegel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I loved everything about the Levin! Really nice place and staff. If I could improve anything, I would double-glaze windows and do something about thin walks as the road could get a little noisy and inconsiderate guests thought it was a good idea to turn tv volume on really high at 7am! If i were to seek perfection, i would provide provide toothpaste/mouthwash in bathrooms. Free wi-fi was a very nice touch! I would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2012
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and everything went well. Whilst most of the guest prefer to use their own brand of tooth paste and mouth wash we do provide both if the guest is requesting it. Also with our windows it is on our budget for next year to have all windows double glazed so the little noise we experience from street level is limited or none at all. We do hope to see you again on future visits to London and please let me know when you would like to come and I am happy to help with your reservation
Best regards
Calabasas, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have stayed in London a few times and always been somewhat disappointed with the accommodations. Typically we would have to sacrifice comfort and modernism for location due to prices, but then we found The Levin! Knightsbridge is one of our favorite areas, so this location was perfect. The amenities were exactly what we look for in a hotel. Boutique style, but still comfortable and modern. We loved the ambiance (decorations, elevator, etc.) We will definitely be staying here every time we are in London. To top it all off, access to the Underground was as easy as it gets.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your recent stay with us on Trip advisor.
I am most great full for your feedback, wich is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, it helps to monitor the service and standards we provide.
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well and your overall impression of the hotel was excellent.
Please contact me directly for your next visit to London and I am happy to help you with any reservations.
Wishing you all the best