“Very comfortable by Harrods”
Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #288 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Kent, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable by Harrods”
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

This a small hotel that provides great comfort. Very close to Harrods. Uber-wealthy part of town too. Charming reception staff are helpful attentive. The decor is modern with a slight Art Deco feel. Room not large here nor the bathroom in room 26. Very classy toiletries are provided. Noisy air conditioning which after mentioning it on day one reception said a note would be left for maintainance to fix it the next day. However it was not fixed and had to be turned off both nights to allow sleep. On departure I was told the air con had recently been serviced with a look to say: "you're imagining it." With air con turned off it is a peacefully room, the bed is comfortable and a good night's sleep can be had. Although my request when booking for firm pillows was ignored. Only one, vintage lift, so can be a bit of a wait for it. The basement bar and bistro is pleasant with great service and good food. Breakfast is excellent. Large portions here.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank KentFrequentFlyer
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review you put on trip advisor.
I am so sorry we forgot to place your firm pillows in your room and also I am sorry about the problem with the air condition but I can say that after you left our maintenance department checked it out and even after having the units maintained on a regular basis there was a fault in the unit and this contributed to the noise you experienced.
Now I can say that all is fixed and the unit is working perfectly without making any noise.
I am very happy you enjoyed our breakfast and I would like to welcome you back in the near future
And maybe you would like to stay in one of our bigger rooms there is much more space and the rooms are much more comfortable please let me know and I’m happy to help you with any future reservations.
Harald Duttine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Sydney
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Recently stayed at the Levin and experienced the excellent service and fabulous location. The room was well equipped and the bathroom was spacious and perfect. The staff were very accommodating and looked after our group's every need, including last minute restaurant reservations at great venues. The decor is modern gorgeous with a plush edge. Negative comment is to make sure that you are not in room 10 which is off the ground lobby. This room is directly above the bar restaurant, which has a courtyard at the rear, used by patrons and kitchen staff on a smoke break. The courtyard is directly below the room's window, resulting in lots of noise when the restaurant was open ( it closed at 11pm), and during the day when staff are on a break. Not an issue if you don't want an afternoon nap or an early night, and as we were in a large group on the go most of the time it was not a major issue. Wifi was however very poor - kept logging me out every 5 minutes, not ideal when you are travelling for business.
Saying this, I would certainly visit the Levin again (as long as I could have an alternate room!), as the location and service were excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Guest thank you so much for your kind feeback following your recent stay with us .
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well.
Sorry about the noise you experienced from the outside.
This issue was addressed with all of the staff and I can assure you it will not happen again
We also working on our Wi-Fi issue we currently looking to get a new supplier and then hopefully all will be working fast without being logged out several times a day.
Please let me know of any future visits to London and I am happy to look after your reservation in person.
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Great location, just mins from Harrods,
This is a small hotel with only few rooms but great service and nice atmosphere.
The staff is very friendly and we had such a nice time. Definitely where I`m going to stay next time i´m in London.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina R
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Guest,
We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to hear such good complimentary comments as yours.
Please let us know of any future travels to London and I be very happy to welcome you again
Best regards
Sydney Aust
Reviewed 16 September 2012

For some reason London hasn't been on our radar but sure is now. Nearly drove the wife mad with my spending way to much time reviewing London Hotels for our stay just after the Olympics.

London was part of a nearly 4 week holiday which encompassed France, Italy and England.

The Levin, wow what a find! If it hadn't been for Tripadvisor we probably wouldn't have even stayed there. Do check out their website as Im sure there are special offers for different times of the year.

From the moment of arrival you would seriously feel you had arrived at a relatives or close friends home. The Levin team simply make you feel very welcome even though they would realise you are only a guest in most cases for only a number of days.

As first timers to London and the Levin, it was less than a minute to the Tube and Harrods.
There is no point in reiterating The Levin, all the positive reviews are spot on, great rooms, ultra clean, very modern, very attentive staff (nothing is ever a problem) be it concierge, restaurant, housekeeping. These guys obviously have a great boss which reflects in their willingness to provide a couple of first time Aussies a wonderful introduction to London.

We normally don't use staff names as it sounds like a paid advertisement for a property/hotel, but in this case don't hesitate to ask Graham or Romona any questions on London and if you enjoy great breakfasts, Rob the restaurant manager serves a wonderful English Breakfast as well as a great knowledge of the things to do in London.

Finally the Levin's restaurant The Metro, a local to many, is also very reasonably priced and cosy, a good place to enjoy really nice food and wine with only a walk upstairs to the beautifully appointed rooms. Once again very helpful and friendly staff.

The Levin, great location, very reasonably priced, less than a minute to Harrods, close to Hyde Park, Topshop/ Harvey Nichols.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johnw097
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time and writing such a glowing review on trip advisor
I really appreciate all of your comments and I`m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well.
I will share your comments with all of my team and make sure we will continue our good efforts of customer service.
Do let me know of any future visits to London and I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally
Best regards
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

I stayedthere once. This hôtel si absolutely amazing !!! The staff is extremely helpfull ( they ll do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible, even go to the chemist for you ...! )
The rooms are of a good size and the bed as comfy as a cloud.
Price wise it is very reasonable for the district and the quality !

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mickael B
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review from your last stay at the Levin Hotel.

I am very pleased that all went well and my staff looked after you.

I will share your commenst with the team and I look forward welcoming you on your next visit to london.

Have a great day

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

From arrival to departure the experience of staying at The Levin was wonderful. Warm friendly greeting on arrival, efficient processing!! and shown to the delightful and well equipped room. We soon felt at home. Another warm & friendly welcome in Le Metro Bar for pre dinner drinks including the hotel's own wine - don't be a stick in the mud the Rose is quite amazing. A well prepared and delightfully served meal in Le Metro set us up for our theatre trip.
The room was very comfortable and the sette was well used when looking at the many magazines and books provided - there was also a very spacious bathroom.The next day breakfast was in Le Metro - a wide choice of interesting cereals and breads alongside the cooked to order dishes - sets you up for the day ahead and all the staff take the time to ensure you are heading in the right direction for your exploration of London.
After two nights at The Levin it was sad to leave as we felt we had made many new friends. Small hotels like The Levin can provide that welcoming hospitality that often gets pushed aside with standardisation in large hotels. I suppose I ought to keep The Levin a secret as I will hopefully return on my next trip to London

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alan W
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Guest,
Your comments mean a great deal to me and my team, thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.
I am so glad you had a wonderful experience whilst you stayed with us and I`m happy all went well.
Glad you enjoyed the Rose and the breakfast in our Le Metro.
Please let me know of any future visits you may have planned and I be more than happy to help you with a reservation.
Looking forward welcoming you again in the near future

Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Spent 6 nights at The Levin towards the end of August. We flew in from Australia to heathrow and it was a very easy tube ride on the Piccadilly line directly to Knightsbridge, which is a few minutes walk from the hotel. Staff were immediately welcoming and gave us great recommendations for finding our way around. Very handy for V&A museum and Hyde Park.

Knightsbridge is very busy, excellent if you are interested in very expensive super cars, as around Harrods there are plenty. However the hotel is a haven of tranquility, very quiet and enjoyed excellent nights sleep. The bathroom was spacious with a shower over a bath and quality toiletries.

We had a deluxe room, included a sitting area, and was spacious. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast, nice coffee and Rob even found me some Marmite to enjoy on my toast each morning. Great to have wifi available, but it was a little slow and dropped out requiring you to relogin.

Would happily stay again, when next in London.

Room Tip: Deluxe room has plenty of space.