“Remarkable hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Levin
Ranked #324 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Remarkable hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd stay at the Levin. Why i'm always coming back to this lovely hotel?
1. Location, it's very close to knightsbridge tube station and Harrods. It only take 2 minutes !
2. Very friendly and helpful staff, they will do their best to help you. ( ex.hiding my shopping bag from my husband ). And also they know what i need.
3. The Levin itself is a very homey. The size of my room is quite big for typical london boutique hotel. You can also acces wifiin your room.
4. This hotel also child friendly ( my 1st stay here is with my 2 sons). They got souvenirs ( teddy bear and london bus miniature)

Oww, i forgot, they also will offer you tea/coffee when they see that you're tired, very nice, even big hotel is not like that.

In overall, i would like to stay in this hotel again when i come to london again. And it's friendly hotel if you are staying with your children

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Airuca
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review on TA from your recent stay with us.
It’s always a nice feeling when I read reviews like yours it makes me and my team feel very proud and we have succeeded in another mission. (Mission accomplished)

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all went well I do hope I can welcome you back in the near future please let me know of any future dates and I be happy to help with the booking

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We wanted to stay at a no-nonsense but beautiful hotel for a week-long trip to London for my birthday so we stayed at the Levin. It was great. The hotel is literally steps from Harrods (maybe about 15 steps?) and the Knightsbridge tube stop, as well as a block from Sloane Street and the Equadorian Embassey (where you can waive to J. Assange). It was extremely quiet, which was important to me because I'm a light sleeper. Hearing it was my birthday, the hotel generously upgraded us to a larger room with a sitting area (#34), which was great for some extra room to unpack. The staff was very helpful providing directions and making reservations. The contiential breakfast included in the room price consided of yogurt, granola (and various toppings for each) and small pastries, as well as made-to-order espresso drinks. They were happy to bring it up to the room for you. While there is no gym, you can get plenty of exercise walking around town or going for a run in Hyde Park a few blocks away.

Just know that if you think you'll be going up and down from your room and have mobility problems, this probably isn't the hotel for you. The elevator basically fits one small person at a time and is slow. Otherwise, you have to walk up several flights of stairs.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback you left on TA from you recent stay at the Levin Hotel.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
I am also happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and all was up to standards.
I would be very happy to welcome you back to the Levin in the near future.
Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with a future reservations

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

My fiancé and I have been lucky enough to stay in many fine hotels over the years but the Levin Hotel was quite exceptional.

There was genuine warmth and feeling unique to the Levin that made our stay not only extremely comfortable but unique.

Firstly, the staff were magnificent. They made us feel at home and as if we were Levin regulars. Nothing was too much trouble and we were accommodated to the highest standards for our entire 6-night stay.

With a taxi rank at the door of Harrods- that is twenty seconds walk from the Levin and Knightsbridge Metro station a foot away from that- the location was especially convenient. Having said that, Knightsbridge is known for some of the best shopping and restaurants and can located within walking distance from the Levin.

The rooms were perfect- elegant and well appointed with beautiful sheets and Kheil’s and Bulgari toiletries and a deep bath in a marble bathroom. Often we’d return ‘home’ to see an apple and a note about the following days weather forecast.

On those super cold nights, it was lovely just to be able to disappear downstairs and to the cosy surrounds of the Le Metro (The Levin Hotel’s restaurant/ wine bar) where the food and wine also excellent.

So, in our three-week trip, our stay at the Levin was a definite highlight and we cannot recommend it enough! It certainly made it harder to return home!

Room Tip: I imagine they are all fab rooms so you will be fine!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mikhaela1983
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear Guest,
I and the whole team are so pleased that you had a good experience at the Levin Hotel. We were so happy that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we met your expectations. I was also glad that you where pleased with our restaurant. We would like you to welcome you back in the near future.
My kindest regards,
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I visit London quite number of times per year & this hotel has everything small business needs,
Price, close to taxis, underground, buses, quiet, very adequate restaurant to entertain business meeting, very central for access to business offices I need to attend, very clean & Harrald & his staff extreemly friendly & efficient to help with any needs, from booking a show in town to dinners or what ever. .

Room Tip: For small & medium size businesses this place is fantastic
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank takhsem
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review on trip advisor.
We do appreciate all of your nice comments and I will share them with the team here at The Levin
We are very proud in what and how we do things and we all enjoy our responsibilities and it always
Shows and guest are leaving the Levin with happy memories and return time after time again
So once again thank you very much and I look forward welcoming you again in the near future
Best regards
Harald Duttine Hotel Manager
Farnham, Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I returned to the Levin this past weekend and had , once again, a memorable stay. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels in London but none of them compares to the charm, attention to detail and personal service given by this hotel. The location, the room decor and amazing beds as well as the friendly staff make this the best hotel in London!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank AnnDallas_9
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 10 April 2013

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
I would love to welcome you back soon.

Lillestrom, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Checked in tuesday afternoon, and was met by a very service minded and welcoming receptionist, in what was a very tiny and charming reception. The hotel was small, as it only had 12 rooms, but that was something that only became a benefit, as the staff at the hotel always was available for anything of our needs. The hotel had a very central location, as the tube station was only a short walk from the hotel. We could also see Harrods from our hotel window, as it was one of the hotels closest neighbours. We had ordered a standard double room for our trip, but got a free deluxe upgrade, so I have nothing but positive things to say about the big, cozy, and also quite modern room. I was actually a little surprised that the room, and especially the bathroom was as modern as it was when the rest of the hotel could be characterized as a bit old-looking.
The continental breakfast buffet at the hotel was a bit small, with not too many choices, but that might also be the only negative thing I have to say about this hotel. I don't think any hotel I've ever been to can beat the service and the welcoming feeling I felt at the Levin.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andreas M
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 2 April 2013

Please let me know and I am very happy to help you with any future reservations

Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Great welcome on Friday afternoon from the young man on reception, who was helpful throughout our short stay. The location is excellent, for V & A, Harrods and 5 minutes on the tube to Leicester Square. Very comfortable bed, and the only downside was building work at the back of the hotel, which Room 26 overlooks, was noisy on Saturday morning. This was more than compensated for by the friendly staff and nice breakfast! We would stay again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple