“Noisy Room”

Ranked #288 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Los Osos
“Noisy Room”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here 1 night on our last night in London before leaving the uk. We were hoping to get a restful night. At 8:00 there was loud disco noise coming into our room. The front desk said he would get it turned off and it was stopped. We were woken at 11:30 by loud drunken yelling. The front desk said they had been warned, but thought they had gotten too drunk. It did stop after about half an hour, but by this time, the restful night was out of the question
We had room 10 right off the lobby. Maybe just a noisy room. The room was well decorated, but very small, not enough room for our 2 suitcases. Carpet seemed a little threadbare and the sheets had been mended. Beds were small and uncomfortable. Seemed narrower than a regular twin. The bathroom was good sized and seemed clean except for the glass of water left behind the mirror, evidently from a previous guest.
Staff was very nice and coffee was provided upon our arrival. Front desk was very nice and concerned with our complaints about the noise. My question is: does incredible staff make up for an exhausting noisy night ? I think not.
I cannot recommend this hotel

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PJTravelerLosOsos
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback you left on Trip Advisor.
We take all comments serious, we follow up on complaints and take necessary actions and try to keep our guest happy
I do admit that we had a Christmas party on that night and guest enjoyed themselves during the evening and therefore disturbed you whilst you hoped for a good night sleep.
I was informed that the noise stopped at 10pm and everything was ok after that.
In regards to the room size you complained I have to protest.
You booked a classic double room (our basic room) what has 25 square meters and is a standard room and size within London hotels and not small by any means.
We do have larger rooms of 35sqm but you did not mentioned anything on check in that the room allocated to you is too small and you feel uncomfortable and if it was possible to see a different room.
We would have been more than happy to show you a different room and would have moved you if you would have be more comfortable in the bigger room.
Our beds are all king size beds and a standard size of 2mtr by 220 mtr and normal for hotels to split them in two singles so there not small by any means .
The water glass you mentioned I`m sure it was our Scent glass without the Scent stick and the Linen I need to further investigate and see what happen we usually do not use linen what is not in perfect order.
I do apologise once again for the uncomfortable stay and bad experience you had with us and I wish you all the best
Harald Duttine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Scotland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Levin is a boutique hotel and you will feel as if you are in your own townhouse. Particularly agreeable ladies welcome you and check if you are content. A characterful lift carries you up to your room (only three per floor) where there is plenty of space and style in which to settle comfortably. Exceptionally comfortable beds. The noise of expensive cars outside belonging to rich visitors to Harrods as their chauffeurs jostle for road space is very muted in the day and non-existent at night. Breakfast is taken in an attractive and smart basement restaurant that doubles during the day as a meeting place for important chic about-town people. The choice is limited continental but other items may be purchased separately and the coffee is absolutely excellent. A fine base to be in town.

Room Tip: ask for what you need and you might get it
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thewark
Annanda L, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Guest,
I was delighetd to see your review and I am verry happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed on your good comments to the rest of my team here at the hotel and I look forward having the pleassure to welcoming you again in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

No matter which criteria that you use to measure the perfect hotel when staying in London, The Levin not only delivers, it surpasses. Its management and staff, friendliness, location, spaciousness, ambiance and value, all combine to make staying away from home an absolutely pleasurable experience. From our arrival early one morning, to our departure late one evening, Harald and his staff provided what can only be described as perfect service, where nothing is a problem or inconvenience. The rooms were surprisingly spacious, spotlessly clean, very quiet and delightfully comfortable. The free wi-fi worked quickly and seamlessly. We used the restaurant on a number of occasions for breakfast and dinner. The food and service was outstanding. I cannot rate this hotel more highly, and thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: I doubt there would be any rooms that are not superb.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barry A
Annanda L, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 28 December 2013

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Levin Hotel is a small boutique hotel in the heart of London. They say good things come in small parcels, and The Levin is surely testament to that saying. However, the superior quality of its location, service, cleanliness and value make it a giant within the hotel industry of London.
Attention to detail in all aspects of the hotel's presentation is outstanding. The rooms are spacious and elegantly designed, with ample room for luggage. The cleanliness and presentation of the rooms gives you confidence that you are in good hands. The free wifi is fast and efficient. Every staff member whom we encountered were courteous, friendly and attentive to our needs. The restaurant provides great food, prepared freshly onsite, and served with enthusiasm. I would thoroughly recommend The Levin to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne A
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 16 November 2013

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I recently stayed at The Levin for the second time as I had enjoyed it previously so much.Its position is great and close to Harrods and very walkable to galleries /museums such as the V&A ,Saatchi and Serpentine.The Concierge service is also very good and obtained excellent seats for me for the theatre and the Royal Opera House.Breakfast very enjoyable too with my favourite papers available.The hotel staff are very warm and welcoming and obliging with any requests.

Room Tip: I was on the front which is lighter and my preference
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jill R
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 6 November 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Levin Hotel is reason enough to visit London. From the moment we walked in the door the staff knew our names. The room are like something out of a high end magazine. Every single aspect of our stay was perfection. The breakfast was delicious and there was great reliable free wi-fi during our stay. The location could not be better. All of the main attractions in London are within walking distance. The Knightsbridge Area is beautiful. I would never consider visiting London without treating myself to a stay at the Levin. I have visited 12 cities in Europe over the past year and always stay at 5 star hotels and the Levin is my favorite. Do not even think twice about booking a room here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David R
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review you put on TA.

It was a pleassure looking after you whilst you stayed with us and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well.

Looking verry much forward to welcoming you again on any future visits to london

Best regards
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Lovely small hotel in a great location. My husband and I stayed here just for a night on our way home to Boston. Knightsbridge is great area to stay in if you are visiting London for a short time. The hotel is right next to Harrods, and very nearby Hyde park. it's a lovely walk to the Palace.

The hotel staff welcoming and courteous. Rooms and bathrooms clean and very nice. I would come back for another stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 321sl
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dera Guest,
I have passed on your good comments to the rst of my team here at the hotel and I look forward having the pleassure to welcoming you again in the near future.