“Hugely Overpriced”
Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #300 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We would like to thank the staff and the manager for their service, because they are the best asset of the hotel, along with the perfect location. But this is as far as it goes. The hotel is a good little hotel, but not for the price they are asking. When you pay £400+ you expect BETTER, MUCH BETTER. The hotel is struggling to make it in the 4 stars category; I would say it is 3.5, bordering 4. The rooms are very small, the bar very poor. The breakfast you have to pay, except for a pathetic choice of continental breakfast. The overall hotel is screaming for a makeover, but gets away with it because of the location. The staff are very friendly and polite and the manager nice and accommodating. We asked for a later check out and it was not a problem. Also for a bigger room and not a problem. I think everything is relative and if the price was right, I wouldn't mind so much. But at this price you expect everything to be of a better standard.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Annalig

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely personalised boutique hotel in the heart of London.
Comfortable rooms with comfortable bedding. Great location with easy access to wherever we needed to go.
The breakfast was good and sufficient. Lots of eating places in the vicinity. Would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I was delighetd to see your review and I am verry happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed on your good comments to the rest of my team here at the hotel and I look forward having the pleassure to welcoming you again in the near future.

Very best regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great location in Knightsbridge. Everybody we met at The Levin was very nice and helpful. Our room was not the biggest and faced the courtyard. If we tried to open the curtains, people from other rooms could see right into our room. Included breakfast was ok, but not great. We would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments.
The Team and I were delighted to read such a glowing review and we very much hope to see you again on future visits to London.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

While it was renovated about 7 years ago I'm told, The Levin still looks new. You walk out the front door and Harrod's is about 30 footsteps away - and the cabs come and go all the time at that junction. There is a little restaurant and wine bar underneath where a good breakfast is served every morning. But the area has a lot of well-rated restaurants as well. The rooms are done up very nicely, and so are the bathrooms. I took photos of the bathroom in case we ever need to renovate ours! They are well thought out spatially.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dergie L
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights after a long 19 days in Morocco. Since there were 3 of us, the room was a bit tight, but that's expected in London and we didn't spring for the more expensive jr. suites, which are more accommodating for upwards of 2 people. Of course, the location is great for shopping and catching the tube, although, next time we will probably stay somewhere besides Knightsbridge, which is lacking in Englishness and a shopping zone. We headed up to north London to dine and shop and it's much more what one thinks of as being "London" and leafy and green, so that would be my choice next time. But, if you want to be in the "zone" for shopping and tourist attractions the location at the Levin is perfect. The rooms are comfortable and the bathroom sectioned off from the rest of the room, which is a nice layout. We also enjoyed the downstairs restaurant for a cocktail. It's a fantastic boutique hotel, can't fault it in any way.

Room Tip: Jr. Suite good choice for 3+ in room. But, we did all right with the less expensive, smaller room. P...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Summerblue
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to leave your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst in London.
We very much hope to welcome you back on future visits to London

Harald

Reviewed 20 March 2014

A lovely find in Knightsbridge just a stones throw from Harrods.
A small friendly hotel that exudes quality & style.
Helpful, welcoming staff.
Beautiful rooms & lashings of hot water.
Excellent breakfast.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gwyni
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking some time and writing a review on TA from your recent visit at The Levin Hotel
We very much appreciate your comments and we all very proud in what we doing and it feels great receiving review like yours.
I am very happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and all went well
I do hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back on future visits to London.
Take care and all the best

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at The Levin twice in the last month. I was taking my daughter Ina special trip for her 21st birthday. The Levin was a treat for both of us. I cannot fault the hotel,food,staff,location or experience. An experience which we will alway remember with smiles on our face.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzanne H
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking some time and writing such a glowing review on TA from your recent visit at The Levin Hotel
I am very happy that all went well for the 21st Birthday of your Daughter
I do hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back on future visits to London.
Take care and all the best