La Gaffe
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewshampstead heathhampstead tube stationhoneymoon suiteshort walk to the undergroundnorthern linerooms are smallhard boiled eggscharming hotelnarrow stairsyogurtevery morningensuite bathroomroad noisecomfortable bedssouth bankshort stayhalstead
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed recently, together with a few friends and can't think of anything negative to say whatsoever. The staff are so helpful and accommodating and would not hesitate in recommending it.

The location is perfect - in a nice area with local amenities, but also very close to the tube station so getting around is easy.

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank susieandjonny
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just returned from my third stay at La Gaffe and had to write another review, because this stay was as wonderful as the others. While the location is a top reason for staying at La Gaffe, Lorenzo and all of his staff are a very dedicated reason to return. It's so true what's been said in other reviews, coming back to La Gaffe after a busy day in London does feel like coming to a warm, welcoming home. La Gaffe's wonderful Italian restaurant is open until 11 pm, so we always try to eat at La Gaffe. The service is excellent, the portions of all freshly made food are generous, and the prices are very reasonable. In the morning, there is a more than adequate breakfast (included in the price of the room) with Lorenzo or Giuseppe making the best coffees! My daughter was happy with the tea and coffee making available in the room, but I waited until breakfast started at 7:30 to have their wonderful coffees. As has been said before, the rooms are small, but I can't stress enough how clean they are. And there is always enough hot water and great water pressure. The atmosphere at La Gaffe encourages conversation and I have met many lovely, interesting people during my stays. I highly recommend this family run hotel situated in beautiful Hampstead with easy access to central London!
*La Gaffe does not have a pool or fitness center, but I wasn't able to unclick the rating buttons for pool or fitness center and I didn't want to leave a terrible mark----wish TripAdvisor would fix this.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Janet913
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We used to live just down the street from La Gaffe and regularly dined there and were never disappointed, the rack of lamb is something else! La Gaffe hosted our family from Australia and around the UK when we got married in 2012 and everyone loved it. We had no doubt where we would stay when we came back from Sydney this month to visit friends. For us it really was like coming home. The staff are so friendly, the food is fantastic and such good value and the rooms are clean and tidy and full of charm. If you are looking for 5 star luxury with very little on your plate, La Gaffe is not for you. If you want good, clean accommodation, in a perfect location with an abundance of excellent home cooked food served by some of the nicest people in London, then go ahead and book La Gaffe, you will not be disappointed!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank grahamwhite78
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Very much enjoyed my four nights at La Gaffe and would recommend it to anyone. When I first arrived, Lorenzo, the manager, greeted me at the door and called me by my name before I even had the chance to tell him who I was. All of the staff I encountered during my stay were very hospitable and helpful. I'm already planning my next trip to London and I know exactly where I will be staying. Thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank SLEIGH75
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Still have one more night at la gaffe, we booked in for three nights as I was having an operation at a near by hospital. I have to say the service has been excellent, nothing has been too much trouble, which has really helped with my nerves. I was unable to eat in the restaurant this evening but we were able to eat our food in our room, I don't think this a regular thing but under the circumstances nothing has been too much trouble for them, the steak from the restaurant is fantastic! Also the continental breakfast is to a good standard. The place itself is pretty small and the rooms are too but they are very clean and functional and have everything you need ( our bathroom was brand new) Special thanks to Lorenzo and Giuseppe who have been fantastic. If you want to stay somewhere friendly and relaxed with a family vibe, stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014