Lancaster Hall Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Brunel Hotel(London)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsyouth wingpaddington stationcontinental breakfasthyde parktwin bedskensington gardensboiled eggsbudget hotelheathrow expresshotel rooms arerooms are basicpubs and restaurantsensuite bathroomexcellent locationtea and coffeenice breakfastper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night.
It was very clean and the room was very good.
Only two very small grievancies. 1: you couldn't open the window to let any fresh air in not even a little bit. I know this is down to health and safety but you would think it would open a small amount. 2: All room were twin beds. Would have been nice to have had a double bed as I hate sleeping in twin bed.
Anyway this said the hotel was excellent. Qick check in and out. Helpful staff. Excellant continental breakfast and all very good for the price.
Would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
1  Thank jouneysend
Reviewed 9 July 2011

In fact I was at Lancaster in June 2002. After 4 nights on this small but clean and very well located spot, I advised reception I had an early flight next morning. What a wonderful surprise. Before 6 a.m. I was served at restaurant table in the dark, with only the kitchen lights behind with fresh bread, cheese, ham, coffee, milk and etc. Only my mother would treat me like that. I will never forget this moment and I have plans to repeat it in 2013.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Me and a friend stayed here for one night as we were going to a festival in Hyde Park. Perfect location, only about a 5 minute walk from Paddington Station and Hyde Park.
The hotel itself was fairly basic, but perfect for a short stay. We literally used it for somewhere to sleep.
There was a big hole in the bathroom door as though someone had tried to kick it in! But other than that it was very clean. It was very noisy outside through the night which gave us both a disturbed sleep but the windows were wide open as it was such a warm night. The beds were very comfy though!
Staff were friendly enough and the continental breakfast was good. And they let us check in a few hours early and leave our bags in a luggage room as the room wasn't ready which was a bonus for us as we could just leave our bags and go straight out!
All in all was fairly impressed for such a cheap hotel in a prime location.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We were at Lancaster Hall Hotel for 4 nights for a short London trip including Royal Albert Hall concerts, sightseeing and meeting with friends. The hotel has a great location, so near to Lancaster Gate and Paddington tube stations and buses near these stations. Hyde Park is just around the corner and even the canal boats of Little Venice just about 1.2 km from the hotel. A 20 minute walk through the Kensington Park to Albert Hall.
Everything worked fine with the hotel, very friendly service and more than avarage breakfast for this price, I think. A little fridge in the room would be nice extra and maybe some shampoo, but you really can't complain. A very good budget hotel, I'd like to return here.
While in London, use the buses with your oyster card and go to the canal and river boat cruises. You'll see the big city from a different perspective.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank ande2007
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Lancaster Hall is what a good budget hotel should be. It has good location, located in a nice and quiet neighborhood. The room is clean and not too small. The staff are friendly. I paid 32 pounds for a single room with shared bath, and the price includes breakfast (which is also good). Wifi is provided by spectrum for 10 pounds/day. ...just to compare, I was staying at the Landmark the night before. It costs 10 times more (paid by my company, of course) but the rate doesn't even include breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2011