“A great value hotel in a nice quiet location”

and 1 more site!
Lancaster Hall Hotel
Ranked #456 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Manchester
“A great value hotel in a nice quiet location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed in a twin room with a cot bed for our 13 month old, the other reviews of this hotel are spot on with the atmosphere and friendliness of the staff. I almost thought that I was on the continent with the European feel of the hotel.
The continental breakfast (7:30 - 9:30) was very good and set you up for a busy day. High chairs available so very suitable for those with children.
The location close to local transportation links is excellent and it is also within a 3 minutes walk of Hyde park. Local shops selling groceries were useful for pick-nicks and all manner of 'baby products'.
I would defiantly stay at this hotel again! RECOMMENDED

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed in a twin room for 5 nights at the Lancaster hall hotel. I really loved this hotel, it was not the thypical "english" hotel. It has more of a european feel to it.

Positive: It is clean, big elevator, real frieandly staff. Good breakfast. Big spacious room, clean toilet with a bathtub.
Negative: It really didnt have that many negative sides to it, if I need to list something it would perhaps be that the beds stood on wheels, so it was a little bit hard to turn without the bed moving.

I would really recomend this hotel. many + + + + + + + +

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank anno0406
Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

This hotel was the best in my opinion, I was in London in 2010, stayed in Rhodes hotel which was very nice hotel too, but had no elevators and room was very tiny. This year, Lancaster Hall hotel was more relaxing, it has elevator, a very big breakfast hall, very nice breakfast, location is central, 5 minutes walking to Lancaster gate underground. Staff is very helpful, the hotel is managed by the YMCA Germany. I loved it.. we stayed for 12 nights bb in double room with only 1044gbp, all rooms having tea and coffee facility.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NanoSoli
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed with my husband and 7 year old while we were in London for a show. We had a twin room with an extra bed made up for my son. This third bed was perfect for him - not a full size bed but great for a smaller person.
It's within walking distance of Paddington Station, then within walking distance of Hyde Park for a lovely walk. Nearest tube is Lancaster Gate, which has you at the West End in a few stops. Oxford Street is walkable also.
The reception staff were excellent throughout, friendly and courteous. Our room was on the 4th Floor and was clean and bright. The bathroom had a sink, toilet and bath with shower. All nice and clean.
There was some street noise but we wore earplugs, as we do in most hotels.
Breakfast was more impressive - a great continental spread that kept us going until about 2pm! Was surprised at how good the breakfast was - well done the Lancaster!
All in all, it was fantastic value for three people - perfect for a sightseeing/west end break. I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

3 Thank Rusty73
Worthing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night.
It was very clean and the room was very good.
Only two very small grievancies. 1: you couldn't open the window to let any fresh air in not even a little bit. I know this is down to health and safety but you would think it would open a small amount. 2: All room were twin beds. Would have been nice to have had a double bed as I hate sleeping in twin bed.
Anyway this said the hotel was excellent. Qick check in and out. Helpful staff. Excellant continental breakfast and all very good for the price.
Would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

1 Thank jouneysend
brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

In fact I was at Lancaster in June 2002. After 4 nights on this small but clean and very well located spot, I advised reception I had an early flight next morning. What a wonderful surprise. Before 6 a.m. I was served at restaurant table in the dark, with only the kitchen lights behind with fresh bread, cheese, ham, coffee, milk and etc. Only my mother would treat me like that. I will never forget this moment and I have plans to repeat it in 2013.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Me and a friend stayed here for one night as we were going to a festival in Hyde Park. Perfect location, only about a 5 minute walk from Paddington Station and Hyde Park.
The hotel itself was fairly basic, but perfect for a short stay. We literally used it for somewhere to sleep.
There was a big hole in the bathroom door as though someone had tried to kick it in! But other than that it was very clean. It was very noisy outside through the night which gave us both a disturbed sleep but the windows were wide open as it was such a warm night. The beds were very comfy though!
Staff were friendly enough and the continental breakfast was good. And they let us check in a few hours early and leave our bags in a luggage room as the room wasn't ready which was a bonus for us as we could just leave our bags and go straight out!
All in all was fairly impressed for such a cheap hotel in a prime location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends