“Great value for money and more!”

and 1 more site!
Lancaster Hall Hotel
Ranked #451 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Jerusalem
“Great value for money and more!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This place is a gem. This was my second stay there - the rooms are not as tiny as happens in London sometimes, and very clean. Continental breakfast is quite sufficient, and locations is great - just a few minutes away from Lancaster Gate tube and Hyde Park. The beds are ok, and it was quiet during the night - I ask for nothing more. There's also coffee/tea and tv in the rooms. Closet space is sparse, but I don't know many hotels in London (definitely for this price!) where it isn't so. Definitely best value for money in London!

Room Tip: Note this review refers to regular rooms, not youth wing!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Annabelle_Leanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 3 June 2013

First I must say the location is good and the staff was very helpful and pleasant. Here's the big BUT this is really a very basic hotel the beds a a bit broken down - you can actually see the curve in the center. you can hear everything though the walls. Rooms are small, bath is small and for me the price of a better room is very worth it. We moved after 1 day even thought I received no refund - this was a special trip for me and my daughter and I just couldn't do it. Especially when I use my ipad for planning out my days and the wi-fi I paid an extra $10 pounds for stopped every 2-3 minutes and I had to log on again and could only use it on one device.

If you aren't expecting much this may work for you but I really can't recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Lilylulu95
Iowa
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Location, Cleanliness, Efficiency of Staff, Breakfast, and Price - I don't think there's any place in London that can beat the Lancaster Hall Hotel!

Near Paddington Station for access to Heathrow and the District, Circle, Hammersmith and Bakerloo lines, plus close to Lancaster Gate Tube Station for close access to the Central line, as well as just a block and a half north of Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens - there's no better location for visiting London.

Although sort minimalist, the rooms are absolutely neat and clean. They are a lot more cheery than many of the older rooms in other locations in the Bayswater area, and you get elevators which many times is not the case with the older lodging establishments. Yes, interestingly, the beds are on wheels, and are single and sort of small, but very comfortable. Some folks have talked about street noise of rooms on front side of the hotel, but our room was on the 3rd floor overlooking Craven Terrace, and we really had few issues with much noise since this is not a highly traveled street. In fact this would be my preference (the higher the better of course) for the view of the activity of the street - plus we loved that the window actually opened so you could let in the fresh air.

We found the staff to be efficiently helpful and friendly - In fact one time when we walked into the lobby the desk clerk already had our key out to hand to us - she had observed us walking down the street and remembered our room number before we even asked for the key.

The continental breakfast bar was well done with a decent selection of tasty and well presented items. The staff there were without a doubt the most hard working and conscientious I've ever observed in a hotel. Tables were cleaned immediately, food trays were continually freshened, and the coffee pots kept hot and filled. This was done with a dining room that was generally busy with many guests. In addition, there is a simple little lounge/bar area open in the evenings with reasonably prices.

I have never found any better price for a comparable London room with the level of location, quality, and service found at the Lancaster Hall. We had walked past this place for years on the way to one of our favorite pubs down the street. Mistakenly I had always assumed it was only a hostel type youth facility, but I was wrong. It includes hotel rooms and is very popular with lots of tourists - I'm sure because of the excellent value.

We will return.

Room Tip: the higher floors better if on the front side for less noise, but with a street view - the rooms on...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This originally German YMCA hotel/hostel is good value. The room was clean, beds comfy, en suite with hot water, bath with shower over. Lift to all floors, coffee and tea and tv in bedrooms. The breakfast was German-type with cold meats, cheese, cereal, juice, coffee/tea and toast or croissants, jam honey and eggs. Plenty to eat and the price for London was excellent. The reception staff were, I thought, somewhat stiff and unsmiling, but perfectly helpful. The hotel is near Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park and very near the tube station of that name, on a side street with a couple of shops and an Italian restaurant. My room overlooked the street and had a bit of noise from late exits from the restaurant and early morning delivery vans. The corridors are rather bare and basic but I didn't mind that, all in all a very reasonable and refreshing break

Room Tip: Book in good time
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Lancaster Hall is a no frills hotel. But it is clean, friendly, and--for London--inexpensive. Without question, the reading lights in the room are the best. The hotel is located near Paddington Station, giving one access to many transportation options, including easy access to Heathrow Airport. The major drawback is the small single beds.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank realbigbear
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is still possibly the best value for money in London-an excellent basic hotel as many reviewers have said. To clear up a point, I did last year notice the smell of smoke but not this time and I understand there has been a 'no smoking' rule since April 1st.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

If you are not looking for old world charm and want cheap clean and tidy accommodation surrounded by useful things like tube and restaurants why wouldn't you stay here? The breakfast was fine, had five nights here and it is run well. Ok it doesn't have much personality, but its solid and basic, spotlessly clean and efficient and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business