“Central location”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #136 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Hotel is centrally located in London, a couple minutes walk from Waterloo, London Eye, etc. Prices when I went were rather high (getting on for £200 a night), and there wasn't anything special about the hotel. Staff were a mixed bunch, some were helpful and friendly, others just fancied a chat amongst themselves. Food was average (only ate the breakfast). Room was clean and comfortable.

Would I use it again? If my preferred hotels weren't available.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Countyhall, General Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to thank you for pointing out that our hotel is in a great location with clean and comfortable rooms. However I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at Premier Inn London County Hall. This is definitely not the level of service we work so hard to offer to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Great location, nice-enough room, very shabby guest experience.
This chain hotel constantly confronts you with embarrassing labor-saving measures. The reception desk has been replaced with an ATM-like machine and a clueless attendant. Amenities such as newspapers or use of an electric plug adapter that are often free at this price level incur separate charges; Wi-Fi is outrageously expensive at $7 per hour. The staff are mostly not native English-speakers who have little knowledge of local (or even hotel) facilities. Good location right next to the London Eye, but on a closed-off street. This hotel is often confused with a Marriott which is in the same building, a converted government office. London hotels are expensive, and this one is OK but not a good value for the money.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, ask for a water view, which seems to be available for the same price as other r...
3  Thank SF_traveller5

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused. At Premier Inn, we always strive to provide our customers with a high standard of service and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. We would like to know what we could do for you so we can gain back your trust in our brand. Please contact us via reception.countyhallpi@whitbread.com Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your contact.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

its a great location, rooms clean, staff professional absolutely faultless

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you had a comfortable stay with us. As you mentioned we do have a fabulous location close to many tourist attractions. I am glad you found the room very clean and staff very professional, I shall be sure to pass this on to everyone here at County Hall. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Came to London from Germany to celebrate my 70th birthday here with friends. My wife organized some surprises for me at the breakfeast table, and the staff did a great job to fullfill our wishes, from birthday cake to birthday song, and that on a busy Friday morning! We knew the hotel from earlier stays. Great location, very friendly staff, and the breakfeast is a super good value for the money. It's a pity that the room rates have gone up considerably since our last stay in 2009. But we will definetly come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so pleased you had a lovely birthday and that we were able to make it extra special for you. We understand that the rate has gone up recently as we have competitive rates for the area i hope this does not affect your stay with us in the future. Thank you for pointing out our breakfast is good value for money and that our team members are friendly and helpful. We are very much looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

First time I've stayed at County Hall Premier Inn and I was very impressed, I asked for a room with a view and I could see the London Eye from my room (though only just). Even though hotel is in the centre of London I did not hear any traffic noise. The lady, Alexandra, who checked us in was great, the gentleman that checked us out wasn't as good however, bit abrupt.

I'd definately stay here again. Its very well priced for being in the centre of London and everything you need is within waalking distance.

The restaurant looked lovely, I didn't eat there but I did have a drink in the bar which was nice, relaxing and quiet. Also, reasonably priced for the location!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay and that we were able to allocate you a room with a view. Thank you for pointing out that we are in a brilliant location and provide you good value for money. I shall pass on your compliments to Alexandra and she will be rewarded for going the extra mile. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

...do not use the internet offering in the lobby. It is too slow not worth the money...

1  Thank Marcel D

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you had a comfortable stay. I would like to apologise for the poor connection of the internet during your stay with us, we are working on our Internet connection and will soon be providing a better and quicker internet in the hotel. I hope this didn’t affect your stay too much and that you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Excellent location right next to The Eye. Major sights within walking distance and Waterloo station less than 5 minutes walk. Asked for a room with a view of The Eye and got one so thank you!
My only suggestion for improvement would be that more bar staff are needed. We stayed over a weekend and on the saturday early evening my partner was waiting for 20 minutes to be served. The staff member that was there was undoubtedly working very hard and apologised profusely for keeping people waiting. Perhaps more than one member of staff behind the bar would help as the second person was working full time just to keep up with the table orders.
We were seated within minutes for breakfast on both days and spoken to by every team member we saw, whether we were approaching them or not which was a friendly touch.
Overall a great stay and we will definately be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Countyhall, General Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to allocate a room with a view for you. Thank you for pointing out that we have a very good location accessible to many sights and transport. We are aware of the shortage of staff in the bar and we are currently recruiting to prevent this from happening in the future. I am very glad you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to your next visit with us.